i did crappy testerday :(

Options
just a general moan today. but i have done well but las nite after my nite out i could resist the midnite takeaway!! resulting in me going over nearly 2000 calories. got a cold and gernerally annoyed with myself. any tips to feel betta and will this blip cause me to gain now?

Replies

• CarolHudson11
    Options
    It's one day. You can't go back and "fix" it, so just carry on today with the good food and exercise and don't worry about it. We all have them occasionally. :)
  • mountainwoman98
    mountainwoman98 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    We all slip up from time to time. I say don't beat yourself up over it,get back in the game and remember how you feel right now the next time you get the urge to splurge.
  • SillySarah
    Options
    I wouldn't beat yourself up over this. If the food was high in sodium, you may be a bit bloated. Not sure about how much weight you'd gain though.

If you feel up to it, get moving and get some exercise. I always feel better after I "sweat things out". Drink lots of fluids and even some green tea.

And just because you ate too much once doesn't mean your weight loss plans are ruined. Today is a new day. Make the most of it and enjoy life.
  • littlelol
    littlelol Posts: 539
    Options
    ok thanks xxxxx
  • Proudmumofboys
    Options
    Like everyone said I wouldn't beat yourself up over it, just do better today and stay on track.

I think we all have those moments when we go over at some point. GOOD LUCK
  • lillmssy
    Options
    Today is another day girly !!! What you do with it is you choice.....it's all about the choice you make.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I did crappy yesterday too. What I had for dinner alone was more calories than my limit for my whole day! Ridiculous. But today is a new day, so we just get up and go again. Don't let it get you down! You won't gain a ridiculous amount from going over one day, as long as you don't make it a habit. It's ok.

To help with your cold, try drinking some hot herbal tea. I like Bigelow's "I Love Lemon," if you can get it. The warmth will help you feel better, and if you don't put tons of sugar in it it's low-calorie. Make sure yo'ure drinking plenty of water, and get some light exercise if it's not a chest cold. The movement will help get your blood going and help you feel more energetic.
  • plainjoe81
    plainjoe81 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Going out and getting some exercise is great advise
  • Sheryljohnston
    Options
    I did very poorly yesterday too. Frustrating, but today is a new day and we all have slip backs once in a while. Hang in there.:wink:
  • Nurse_Christy
    Nurse_Christy Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I did really badly yesterday too. We went out to eat for my daughter's birthday, and my preplanning did me no good since I did not stick to it! My little tracker at the bottom stated if I ate like that every day would gain 3 pounds over the next 5 weeks, so for one day the gain must be tiny. That's what I'm telling myself anyway!
    Just start fresh today, that's what I'm doing!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    It happens to all of us at some point or another. You mentioned you're getting a cold? If you're feeling well enough, do some extra exercise today and watch the sodium especially. Most people wouldn't agree with me but if you can't do the exercise I would go a little under the required calories today too, like a 100 or 200 cals - I don't think it will mess you up.