I'm bored and just want to eat

Options
I'm stuck in the house because of freezing weather and a sick kid. Normally, we would be attending story time and her ballet class, But today she just wants to stay in bed and watch TV with her baby sister. I'm so bored. I feel like eating anything and everything. Help!!!

Replies

• heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    maybe you could find something to do that keeps your hands busy -- board games, video games, knitting, crafts, etc...
  • midgetrapper
    midgetrapper Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i agree with katie. if you have a wii, anything on that burns calories. house cleaning burns waaaaay more than you might think it does....
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Grab a book, I can lose myself for hours. Also keep a big glass of water beside you, I find that after a few chapters it's empty. Refill and repeat. Good luck!
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Why don't you work out at home? There are plenty of exercises like squats, pushups, lunges, etc. that don't require equipment. Or pop in an exercise dvd or even just jog on the spot while watching tv. There are plenty of good websites like fitclick.com that can give you a full body weight workout, or search for routines on youtube.
  • jadee76
    jadee76 Posts: 29
    Options
    I agree, lots of water and keep healthy snacks around. If you're truly hungry you can go for the fruit and veggies :)
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Brush your teeth and use Listerine if you have it. You won't want to eat with all that minty flavor in your mouth. And then yes, drink water and get busy! :) Call a friend and chat for a while to get your mind off the temptation.
  • jppizana
    jppizana Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm in agreement with the members above. Anything to keep yourself occupied and immersed will keep your mind off eating. I do a lot of random things to keep myself busy. Some examples: reading romance novels, blogging on MFP, watching (Bones, Psych, random movies) on Netflix, facebooking, watching cable, etc. If I had Zumba on DVD, I would definitely be doing that twice a day!!
  • dspearsb
    dspearsb Posts: 186
    Options
    Thanks for the tips guys! You're right, I think I'll put on a good movie and finally take some of the "me" time I always complain I don't get with two little ones. :)