I think MFP is turning into a disorder for me.

Options
2»

Replies

• RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    I think you should stop. If you think it's a problem and it's affecting you then stop. MFP won't leave so you can always cone back if change your mind. Go, enjoy your pregnancy, and stay healthy for that little one:)
  • skittle316
    skittle316 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Then just don't go on for a while, and just eat in moderation. It doesn't matter if people eat "normally", if how they eat negatively effects your body you shouldn't give in. I don't eat dinner, it's so hard for me to tell people I'm not hungry without them thinking i'm starving myself. I have an obsession with mfp since it can take me a good hour to be okay with what i logged. I see at as a filler since the diet i'm on is say stricter than but i need mfp so i know i'm getting enough calories. Once i reach goal weight, it's all about moderation and only logging food you don't know the contents of. Take a break and enjoy time with your baby and eat in moderation even it's bad.
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I don't have any kids myself, but I have two friends who both lost weight in their first trimester from morning sickness, (and not that many of my friends have kids) so I don't think it is that uncommon. If you can't keep it in, you can't gain from it. Hopefully the morning sickness with subside and you will start to gain as expected.- both my friends were lucky they were pretty much illness free after the first trimester.

That being said I don't think it is a bad idea to step back from logging for a while either. Being obsessive about something isn't really good - even if it is something like keeping track of your food intake. Yes, do it every day but if you feel it has become and obsession that is a bit over the top (and you are also not the only one it happens to) so if you take a break you hopefully won't be so worried about it all.

Good Luck - I hope that you start to feel better in the mornings!
  • ParkerH47
    ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I think you have 2 options - step away for a bit even a couple weeks or until you get to your second trimester. Or increase your calories even more maybe to 2500 because I don't think you should be losing weight at this point. Good luck and stay in touch with your doctor!

P.S. Congrats on the baby :) hope all goes well