Not eating enough message

Options

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I tinkered with my diary and found the message. I posted the results in another thread about the same message.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1409848-anyone-notice-the-new-setting-for-if-you-are-under-1200?page=2#posts-21263880

It is a much more attention getting message than any other I've seen here.

Haven't seen anything that in my face since the red bar of doom showed up.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    @yumeserket Kk pot meet kettle. Hunger cues are not accurate gauges of proper nutrition. Obviously, or no one would need to lose 10 lbs or gain it.
  • EvelynR1967
    EvelynR1967 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Awesome response!!!!!!!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    WOW. I just checked that out-- it's true! I am so disappointed.. I am very healthy despite only eat 800-1200 a day, so this is going to be a huge problem for me. Actually, if that's the case, I'll probably be taking my leave from this site. I feel betrayed.

(Read: I eat a mostly raw 'diet'. I am not starving. I have energy. I eat til I'm full. Fruit/veggies are VERY filling. Once again, I am NOT being unhealthy. I am NOT in 'starvation mode'. I feel better than I ever have, I am more energetic than I've ever been. No bodies are alike. I am not depriving myself. I get more than enough nutrients. Not all bodies need 2000+ calories a day to flourish. That is an old and implemented way of thinking.)
    You feel betrayed because MFP does not support VLCDs? Interesting.

Getting enough calories to properly fuel your body is common sense. 800 calories is not proper fueling.

The best of luck to you.

Then explain how I feel properly fueled. How I continuously feel better than I ever have.
    Feelings are not right or wrong, but they aren't facts either. Just because you feel properly fueled doesn't mean you are There is no way in heck a person can meet all their macro and micro nutrients on 800 calories a day. However, if your diary is not open, please do open it up and prove us wrong. :wink:
  • YumeSerket
    Options
    WOW. I just checked that out-- it's true! I am so disappointed.. I am very healthy despite only eat 800-1200 a day, so this is going to be a huge problem for me. Actually, if that's the case, I'll probably be taking my leave from this site. I feel betrayed.

(Read: I eat a mostly raw 'diet'. I am not starving. I have energy. I eat til I'm full. Fruit/veggies are VERY filling. Once again, I am NOT being unhealthy. I am NOT in 'starvation mode'. I feel better than I ever have, I am more energetic than I've ever been. No bodies are alike. I am not depriving myself. I get more than enough nutrients. Not all bodies need 2000+ calories a day to flourish. That is an old and implemented way of thinking.)

And yours is a disordered way of thinking. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

What bodies are you speaking of that aren't under medical supervision or have medical issues btw?

My way of thinking is most certainly not distorted in any way. Yours, however, is very ignorant. That is honestly an egregiously rude and disrespectful thing to assume. The word 'disorder' is *not* a word to throw around-- especially towards people whom you do not meet eye-to eye with. That's only, like I said, ignorance.

Disordered thinking is disarray and compulsive. I've already been gone from this site for a long while, and don't you worry I made my way through the door just fine. I left because I was done counting calories, I was blissfully happy and didn't care how much I got. That's when I truly learned how to eat properly. You can't target everyone in the same calorie range. Some people have the appetite for 3,500 plus calories a day, others for 1,200 and below. Why is there only a stigma with the later? As I already said, I am not depriving or starving myself. I get more than enough nutrients a day. Speaking of which, if you wonder, that is why I came back, I wanted to make sure I was, just in case. I know I don't eat the recommended amount every day. I've tried eating more, and it's not that I wouldn't want to. It's that I don't care to-- not because I'm afraid or compulsive, but because I am satisfied. I eat hearty bowls of oats, berry-filled parfaits. I eat up to an entire bundle of bananas a day. The only thing stopping me from eating more is my stomach telling me it is full and satisfied. Today I ate 1,290. Tomorrow I might eat 800, and the next 1,150. Who knows? I don't. I'll eat when my body tells me to, and I'll stop when I'm full.

Normal people don't count calories. They do what I'm describing. They just live. They eat when they eat, they don't when they don't. They also don't go out of their way to eat as little as possible or as much as possible. Neither do I. I just am. I just do what I feel my body desires. And my body respects me back.

Suddenly you're not hungry, but somehow you're in the position to need to lose weight?

Bold #2 - Obviously that didn't work for you because here you are. On MFP.

Quote: " I left because I was done counting calories, I was blissfully happy and didn't care how much I got."
    and
    Quote: " I get more than enough nutrients a day. Speaking of which, if you wonder, that is why I came back, I wanted to make sure I was, just in case."

I came back to see if I was getting all the nutrients I needed. I am. I am also done with losing weight. I am happy with myself, if that was not already perfectly clear. MFP is not just for weight loss, you know. I sometimes pop up here out of curiosity of the days meals, to see if I should up the iron-rich foods, or potassium. See how much protein is in the beef I'm eating. Right now I'm working on toning up (and despite my intake, I am toning up well!) Hence my sudden re-interest in my progress.

Not that I should have to justify myself. I've already said and explained that I am happy and healthy. Why isn't that justifiable? Because you believe otherwise? No darling that's ignorance. If you always expect the same from everyone you will be very disappointed.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options

And yours is a disordered way of thinking. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

What bodies are you speaking of that aren't under medical supervision or have medical issues btw?

My way of thinking is most certainly not distorted in any way. Yours, however, is very ignorant. That is honestly an egregiously rude and disrespectful thing to assume. The word 'disorder' is *not* a word to throw around-- especially towards people whom you do not meet eye-to eye with. That's only, like I said, ignorance.

Disordered thinking is disarray and compulsive. I've already been gone from this site for a long while, and don't you worry I made my way through the door just fine. I left because I was done counting calories, I was blissfully happy and didn't care how much I got. That's when I truly learned how to eat properly. You can't target everyone in the same calorie range. Some people have the appetite for 3,500 plus calories a day, others for 1,200 and below. Why is there only a stigma with the later? As I already said, I am not depriving or starving myself. I get more than enough nutrients a day. Speaking of which, if you wonder, that is why I came back, I wanted to make sure I was, just in case. I know I don't eat the recommended amount every day. I've tried eating more, and it's not that I wouldn't want to. It's that I don't care to-- not because I'm afraid or compulsive, but because I am satisfied. I eat hearty bowls of oats, berry-filled parfaits. I eat up to an entire bundle of bananas a day. The only thing stopping me from eating more is my stomach telling me it is full and satisfied. Today I ate 1,290. Tomorrow I might eat 800, and the next 1,150. Who knows? I don't. I'll eat when my body tells me to, and I'll stop when I'm full.

Normal people don't count calories. They do what I'm describing. They just live. They eat when they eat, they don't when they don't. They also don't go out of their way to eat as little as possible or as much as possible. Neither do I. I just am. I just do what I feel my body desires. And my body respects me back.

Suddenly you're not hungry, but somehow you're in the position to need to lose weight?

Bold #2 - Obviously that didn't work for you because here you are. On MFP.

Quote: " I left because I was done counting calories, I was blissfully happy and didn't care how much I got."
    and
    Quote: " I get more than enough nutrients a day. Speaking of which, if you wonder, that is why I came back, I wanted to make sure I was, just in case."

I came back to see if I was getting all the nutrients I needed. I am. I am also done with losing weight. I am happy with myself, if that was not already perfectly clear. MFP is not just for weight loss, you know. I sometimes pop up here out of curiosity of the days meals, to see if I should up the iron-rich foods, or potassium. See how much protein is in the beef I'm eating. Right now I'm working on toning up (and despite my intake, I am toning up well!) Hence my sudden re-interest in my progress.

Not that I should have to justify myself. I've already said and explained that I am happy and healthy. Why isn't that justifiable? Because you believe otherwise? No darling that's ignorance. If you always expect the same from everyone you will be very disappointed.

30m2tsx.jpg

So your ticker says 10 lbs to go for fun? .... or?
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options

True.

And your body is not flourishing on an average of 1000 calories a day, regardless of what you think. especially considering you are basically getting no protein or fat, both of which are needed for your body.

I mean, unless you're like 2 feet tall.
  • ttcbelieve
    ttcbelieve Posts: 181 Member
    Options

Hello

Respectfully, when you say "normal people don't count calories, they do what I am doing and just live". Does this mean that you do not count calories? If you do not count calories, then how do you know that you are consistently below 800-1200. The reason I ask is that, you say you eat an entire bundle of bananas a day, if your bundle has 5 - 8 Banana's that already close to 700 calories.

Counting calories does not lead to starvation, neither does "Not counting" calories. Every system is open to abuse, it all depends on how each individual chooses to use it. There is no right or wrong, normal or abnormal, good or bad.
    I understand and respect that you are not happy if MFP does not want to estimate progression if you are below the recommended. I am not exactly sure why you would need to publicise your departure as a result. Please understand, this is not an "in your face" comment. I am generally baffled when people write "I am leaving" rather than just leave without saying anything.

That said. Yes it's entirely possible to be full on less than 600 calories a day. I had spinach, strawberry, light dressing, and blueberries for lunch. It was a huge bowl and came in at 130 Calories. 50 for spinach, 25 for strawberry, 25 for blueberry, 30 for Bolthouse Raspberry Merlot dressing. I was very full and could have variations of this all day and would not get to 800 at the end of the day. But its not sustainable for life for me. I don't think 800 everyday for years is sufficient to provide all the required nutrients we need.

Personally I cannot keep to 800 consistently. I like my meat, sweets and carbs too much...So counting is good for me or at the minimum having an idea of the calories in the food I am eating.....True story...I always had this Whole Wheat spelt cake, organic, very healthy...I would have 2 slice everyday, in the euphoria that I was eating healthy...One day I calculated the calories in the cake...just for fun.....wait for it....1200/slice...I had been stuffing my face with 2400 per day and this did not include the lunch or dinner. I have not had a slice since that day.....So counting works for some...definitely for me

Full disclosure ... I had burgers, chocolate cake, ice cream planned for dinner...hence my need to limit lunch calorie. Good luck in whatever you decide
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options
    and

No need to call me darling because you'll never be lucky enough to be in that position. You can gladly keep eating 800 calories if you wish. Feel how you want. And convince yourself you know what you're talking about and doing.

Not ignorance, just confident in what I know and great at knowing when have don't have a clue about proper nutrition. Like thinking you get proper nutrition from 800 calories a day. Lol. 800 calories.

You call it a day, I call it breakfast
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

Getting enough calories to properly fuel your body is common sense. 800 calories is not proper fueling.

The best of luck to you.

^ claps for this^
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    and

No need to call me darling because you'll never be lucky enough to be in that position. You can gladly keep eating 800 calories if you wish. Feel how you want. And convince yourself you know what you're talking about and doing.

Not ignorance, just confident in what I know and great at knowing when have don't have a clue about proper nutrition. Like thinking you get proper nutrition from 800 calories a day. Lol. 800 calories.

You call it a day, I call it breakfast
    Exactly.
  • rachaelmariegee
    rachaelmariegee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I noticed that the message has changed also.

I eat 3,000 KJ a day, max. and it says that message. It is annoying.
  • countscalories
    countscalories Posts: 418 Member
    Options

WOW from me, too! How disappointing if things don't change back...
  • YumeSerket
    Options

The best of luck to you.

Then explain how I feel properly fueled. How I continuously feel better than I ever have.
    Feelings are not right or wrong, but they aren't facts either. Just because you feel properly fueled doesn't mean you are There is no way in heck a person can meet all their macro and micro nutrients on 800 calories a day. However, if your diary is not open, please do open it up and prove us wrong. :wink:

Feelings are facts when it comes to your own body. How silly does this sound "Your feelings are wrong!" Pretty darn silly I'd day. Gee, should I apologize for felling full after my lunch? Because I'm wrong if three bananas makes me feel full? I think that sound wrong. I know it sounds wrong.

Today I ate 1,290 calories. I consumed 254 carbs, 36 grams of fat, 31 grams of fiber. Protein was lacking a bit today but that's expected with a mostly raw diet. Everyday I circle my 3 meals around a grain and protein. I eat on average two snacks, usually fruit.

Example log:
    Breakfast: Creamy rice w/ 2tbsp chia seeds and 1 tbsp butter
    Snack: Banana
    Lunch 1/2 cup greek yogurt w/ 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, 2 tbsp chia seeds, a sprinkle of granola
    Snack: Apple
    Supper: 1 cup Rice w/ chickpeas, celery, tomatoes, onions (I'm not even sure how to log that. )

898 calories (minus the rice additives) but hey I got the nutrients I need and I am full. So don't tell me I'm not healthy. Nobody is a 100% health superstar. My point is that I feel extremely fulfilled on my diet-- and I'm not even dieting! Some days I don't get many iron, others I get an overabundance. It's all about balance.

I'm not going to open my diary. I've been gone for a long time, it wouldn't make sense.
  • YumeSerket
    Options

Hello

Respectfully, when you say "normal people don't count calories, they do what I am doing and just live". Does this mean that you do not count calories? If you do not count calories, then how do you know that you are consistently below 800-1200. The reason I ask is that, you say you eat an entire bundle of bananas a day, if your bundle has 5 - 8 Banana's that already close to 700 calories.

Counting calories does not lead to starvation, neither does "Not counting" calories. Every system is open to abuse, it all depends on how each individual chooses to use it. There is no right or wrong, normal or abnormal, good or bad.
    I understand and respect that you are not happy if MFP does not want to estimate progression if you are below the recommended. I am not exactly sure why you would need to publicise your departure as a result. Please understand, this is not an "in your face" comment. I am generally baffled when people write "I am leaving" rather than just leave without saying anything.

That said. Yes it's entirely possible to be full on less than 600 calories a day. I had spinach, strawberry, light dressing, and blueberries for lunch. It was a huge bowl and came in at 130 Calories. 50 for spinach, 25 for strawberry, 25 for blueberry, 30 for Bolthouse Raspberry Merlot dressing. I was very full and could have variations of this all day and would not get to 800 at the end of the day. But its not sustainable for life for me. I don't think 800 everyday for years is sufficient to provide all the required nutrients we need.

Personally I cannot keep to 800 consistently. I like my meat, sweets and carbs too much...So counting is good for me or at the minimum having an idea of the calories in the food I am eating.....True story...I always had this Whole Wheat spelt cake, organic, very healthy...I would have 2 slice everyday, in the euphoria that I was eating healthy...One day I calculated the calories in the cake...just for fun.....wait for it....1200/slice...I had been stuffing my face with 2400 per day and this did not include the lunch or dinner. I have not had a slice since that day.....So counting works for some...definitely for me

Full disclosure ... I had burgers, chocolate cake, ice cream planned for dinner...hence my need to limit lunch calorie. Good luck in whatever you decide

I never said I was leaving. I said I may, but maybe not.
    Also I've said I am here to count nutrition. All these people are hounding me for eating 800 calories a day. Never have I said I eat 800 calories every single day. Jokes on them. I said I eat BETWEEN 800 and 1,200. That is how much I naturally eat, I don't try to be in that range.
    But thank you for seeing my view on how low calories can be very filling. I come on here mostly to see how well I am faring in other nutritional departments. I am well.

Cheers
  • SLLRunner
    Options

The best of luck to you.

Feelings are facts when it comes to your own body. How silly does this sound "Your feelings are wrong!" Pretty darn silly I'd day. Gee, should I apologize for felling full after my lunch? Because I'm wrong if three bananas makes me feel full? I think that sound wrong. I know it sounds wrong.

Today I ate 1,290 calories. I consumed 254 carbs, 36 grams of fat, 31 grams of fiber. Protein was lacking a bit today but that's expected with a mostly raw diet. Everyday I circle my 3 meals around a grain and protein. I eat on average two snacks, usually fruit.

Example log:
    Lunch 1/2 cup greek yogurt w/ 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, 2 tbsp chia seeds, a sprinkle of granola
    Supper: 1 cup Rice w/ chickpeas, celery, tomatoes, onions (I'm not even sure how to log that. )

898 calories (minus the rice additives) but hey I got the nutrients I need and I am full. So don't tell me I'm not healthy. Nobody is a 100% health superstar. My point is that I feel extremely fulfilled on my diet-- and I'm not even dieting! Some days I don't get many iron, others I get an overabundance. It's all about balance.

I'm not going to open my diary. I've been gone for a long time, it wouldn't make sense.
    I pretty much knew you would not open your diary. If what you wrote is your calories for the day, you are in great denial regarding nutrition and proper fueling of your body.

No, none of our feelings about our body are facts when it comes to food. Most of us got fat by listening to our body tell us we need more food, all the while thinking we were eating just the right amount. Just because you feel you are getting proper nutrition on 800 calories a day does not make it factual.

You also said you are not trying to lose more weight, but that's not what your ticker indicates. It says you have 10 pounds to go.

You sound very protective of that 800 calories you eat each day, and you are quite defensive, and you certainly don't eat enough. This sounds like eating disordered behavior to me. Please seek help.

Take care.

Edited: typo
  • YumeSerket
    Options

The best of luck to you.

Example log:

So if you think what you are doing is fine then go do it. You're your own person. But remember, you are the one who turned this thread into something about you.

Have fun depriving yourself on 800 calories a day.

I already am doing it. Also I did not turn this thread into anything. I posted my honest opinion and views, and others decided it's the perfect night to throw a hissy fit over matters that don't concern them.
This discussion has been closed.