Looking for friends and motivation

Options
So I have been heavy since......oh yeah FOREVER.....and now I'm just tired of it. I'm in Texas and I hate the heat so planning on evening walks or hitting my gym. I decided about two weeks ago I was done messing around and have been using MFP daily. I have a lot of weight to lose and I have really enjoyed the encouragement that has been shared in this community thus far. I log in daily to MFP and respond to all my messages so please feel free to add me!

Replies

• downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hello! Ive been on MFP 2 weeks now & I log in every day if you want to add me to your friends. :)
    Kansas is hot right now too-ugh!
  • laura_802
    Options
    Added you both :) I log every day and am looking for support/motivation as well at the moment x
  • theycallmearth
    theycallmearth Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hey man. I know what you mean about the heat. I'm in Alabama and it is waaaaay too hot for my liking. I've started getting up at 4am and walking at around 5 to avoid the heat. I like your mentality of "I'm done messing around."

If you ever wanna talk strategies, need some advice or wanna share some advice, feel free to add me.
  • downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hey man. I know what you mean about the heat. I'm in Alabama and it is waaaaay too hot for my liking. I've started getting up at 4am and walking at around 5 to avoid the heat. I like your mentality of "I'm done messing around."

If you ever wanna talk strategies, need some advice or wanna share some advice, feel free to add me.

Thats good strategy. I get up early to walk my "grand-dog" while it is still cool. he's a big dog and needs to run and I need to walk so it's a win-win situation. when I can I get to the pool and water jog or swim too. have a successful day!
  • redsk
    redsk Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Waking up at 4am?! That is pretty impressive. I hate the heat as well but also hate mornings.
  • bdenitto
    bdenitto Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    The last month I lived in Texas the temp didn't fall below 100. I was miserable. The good news is that now that I have lost some weight, I would love to be back in Texas. I am cold all the time. Walking early is a great way to get moving and tracking your food will help the pounds come off! I am sending you a friend request and anyone can feel free to add me.
  • afleming22710
    afleming22710 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request. I'm fairly new to my weight loss journey and log every day :) Anyone else can feel free to add me as well!
  • anyguerro23
    Options
    Hey! I just joined. I found out that in leaving to France in six months and there's nothing that I would like to do better than be confident with myself while being there. I have a lot of weight to lose. But my trainer and I have decided I can lose 10 kg in a sei month period. He is so great but honestly I suck with the food. I eat anything and I need advise and encouragement because it's super duper hard. I don't know how to use this. So if someone could be so kind to help me. :)
  • suemaggs
    Options
    Hi there,
    I am new here and desperately need some help to make sure I am on the right track! (From someone who knows the ropes!). I have been on my diet about a week, feeling absolutely horrible - have all the ketosis transition symptoms, from exhaustion, muscle cramps, hunger, constipation, brain fog, sleeping issues etc... Trying to do what I can to combat, and am going to pick up a magnesium supplement today, but, am worried because I am doing a 50km bike tour 2 weeks from today, and haven't been able to get any rides in since Monday due to the symptoms.
    Can someone help me transition faster? I am afraid of bonking during my ride if I don't start to feel better soon!
    Thanks so much,
    Sue
    (Feeling a little discouraged)....:sad:
  • amelialoveshersnacks
    amelialoveshersnacks Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    added you too :)
  • DarylLouis
    DarylLouis Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I could ceetainly give you help with certain thermogenic foods and educate you on how to eat well but still enjoy your life at the same time but relatively cheap :)
    Hey! I just joined. I found out that in leaving to France in six months and there's nothing that I would like to do better than be confident with myself while being there. I have a lot of weight to lose. But my trainer and I have decided I can lose 10 kg in a sei month period. He is so great but honestly I suck with the food. I eat anything and I need advise and encouragement because it's super duper hard. I don't know how to use this. So if someone could be so kind to help me. :)
  • anyguerro23
    Options
    If you could do that!! That would be amazing.
  • Tarantula920
    Tarantula920 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I was here last year but back again and doing better than ever. Anyone can feel free to add me. I'm always around!!
  • Missfit35
    Options
    Motivation has arrived!
  • Tanlil2014
    Options
    I'm on the other side of the world (Australia) but I'm adding too! I need some active friends who enjoy interaction :)
  • love2run08
    love2run08 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I was in Dallas for year, so I know what you are talking about. Current, I'm in N. NV, where it's still hot, but it's a dry heat. I have found what helps me is to go out running as it's getting light out. Last week, I went out even earlier and ran 8.5 miles that day (a personal best). Luckily, it's getting better and the cold is lasting longer into the morning.
    I sent you a friend request.
  • Shokei
    Shokei Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • Jemellc
    Jemellc Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Adddd. :happy: