It's Saturday! What are you going to do with it?

Options
2»

Replies

• BunnyDVP
    BunnyDVP Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I must be in the middle of a "heat wave". 19 degrees here in VA. LOL I plan to go to gym with my daughter then pick up some prescriptions from my pharmacy. After that I am picking up tickets for a "Ghost Watch" on Monday night at a local "mansion" here in the town I grew up in. It is a first time event for me but I have heard about it all of my life. I have toured the house but never the tunnel that leads down to the river since it is only open for this event. Once I get home it's laundry and I hope to finish up one pillowcase that I am embroidering to donate to a silent auction for a charity event for my Personal Trainer. She has Van Buchem's disease. It is a very rare bone disease that makes her jawbone grow and it is now pressing on her nerves to her eyes and ears. She is scheduled for surgery in California on February 22, 2011 so let's all pray for her success. And guess what???? Insurance is fighting paying for this (in their words) unnecessary surgery. :explode: Hope everyone has a good day.

And Rick I love your idea of posting a daily blog. I will look forward to it everyday.
  • lindalos54
    lindalos54 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Getting ready to head out the door for work until 5. Then loading the last of the Christmas stuff into the van to take to storage and pick up some supplies for my little furkids. Then home to clean some more and hook up my dvr so I can put in some walking DVD's!

Oh - and not to rub it in - but it is a pleasant 64F here in south Florida this morning. I do not miss those cold temps I'm reading about at all!
  • Kid70
    Kid70 Posts: 36
    Options
    I think it's supposed to be up to 23 degrees later here in sunny Philadelphia, so maybe I'll grab the suntan lotion and lay out in the backyard??? Ugghh! So sick of this weather, already. :sad: Wish I had a cool place like Hampstead Heath to "gad" about in like one of the English posters, so maybe I'll just hit the mall for some shopping. Have a great weekend everyone.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I am going to write my paper for school as it's due today.
    I am going to do laundry.
    I am going to eat healthy & TRY to get some exercise in even though I am not feeling well (I should at least be able to handle half an hour of Wii fit!)
    I am going to venture to the mall (even though I don't feel good) because I have guys at work waiting on refill minutes for their phones that they need by today from verizon.
    I am going to make dinner.

I think that'll probably be it.

Weather.com says it's 11 degrees here right now, with a high expected today of 19 - BRRRrrrrrrrr
    (although not quite as bad as 6.5!)

:wink:
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I ate warm donuts, hot kolaches, and warm coffee. Now i'm trying to figure out how to burn them off.:laugh:
  • jronan
    jronan Posts: 1
    Options
    i will be shoveling my way out of the house,you know there is something to be said about condo living
  • Sheryljohnston
    Options
    It is a warm 10 degrees or so here in ohio. I am anxious for warmer weather. I am going to try and get lots accomplished. Been trying to get on the treadmill for weeks and havent managed to do it. I've been so sick since my surgery in November. Everytime I think I am feeling better and on the mend I take steps back. So frustrating. And I haven't lost any weight throughout this whole ordeal.
  • crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    today I am going to clean the house....then coach high school bowling....then my husband and I are going to meet a friend for drinks. This is a friend who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. She hasn't been up to meeting us until now so I am happy to see her. We are bowling in an event in Feb called Bowl for Cure and i had tshirts made for it, they are soo cool, they are hot pink with a cute chick on the front holding two bowling balls in front of her boobs and it says bowl for cure team Vicki on them. So cute. That will be my day.....
  • Tigergrr
    Tigergrr Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've spent 3hrs at the yard today and went for a good 1.5hr ride with my friend... burning somewhere in the region of 600 cals just for the ride. Now I'm back home trying to figure out how I'm going to manage to eat my calorie allowance! ha ha
  • rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Well apparently my morning starts a little later than most of you.

I am hitting up the gym and hopefully getting all my errands done.

A nice healthy dinner and off to sleep so I can do this all over again Sunday!

Go bears!
  • bromk
    bromk Posts: 34
    Options
    It's 30 degrees in Colorado this morning. Today is cleaning and lesson planning and getting a walk in before the next round of wind and snow blows in this afternoon. Treating myself to a college basketball game tonight. I lead such an exciting life! :ohwell:
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Going the the U of O Ducks parade in town today....grocery shopping....gym later on this evening. Movies at home tonight.
  • wadosteph
    wadosteph Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It's 10:00am in Nashville, TN and I feel great about what I've already done! Woke up way too early for a Saturday, but cleaned out a huge amount of clothes. Saved the ones that are a little too tight, chucked the ones that are a little too big. Cleaned one entire closet to a show worthy state (my house is listed for sale) and still managed to get in a 5K run on the treadmill and worked out my arms. Now it's off to shower, work for a few hours and head out for a party tonight. What a gorgeous (albeit, cold) Saturday! Do something great for yourselves today gang!
  • mjcat510
    Options
    After a week of temps in the -20's, it's now a balmy 15 above zero. This Iowa girl is REALLY looking forward to summer. I've just started on this site so I'm taking a little bit of time to get inspired by the rest of you. A workout at the gym sounds like a good idea but I'm really looking forward to when I can go for long walks outside without 15 layers of clothing. Oh, & I do have to spend several hours correcting papers today - the joy of teaching high school
  • chocolatnoir
    chocolatnoir Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Cold cold morning in Chicago!

Woke up and made pancakes. Going to do some laundry, yoga, get lost in a novel for a bit, catch up on phone calls to friends (I've been awful about returning calls), learning Spanish and then probably Tae Bo later on.
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Clean out my closet, do laundry, maybe cook a few things, clean up around the house.....while my husband and his friend work on the basement installing a beam. :)