I need some support here guys...

Options
I'm having a bad day. I shouldn't be- day off/ lost 2.75lbs this week/ it's a sunny day/ bought myself a nice new top (size 18 M&S!). But I'm depressed and teetering on the precipice of a binge. I know why. My divorce is coming up fast (mixed views on that one), I signed the papers on the sale of my childhood dream (-a little 18 acre farm), and my job has turned to mush. The future seems bleak and unknown. Help.

Replies

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Okay, right now you are dealing with a pile of manure. What can you control and feel accomplished about? Your eating. Reward yourself by eating well. Being well and happy is the best revenge. Take a little scrap of paper and write "Being Well and Happy is the Best Revenge" and pull it out whenever you feel the urge to give in!
  • DebLF55
    DebLF55 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My advice is to take advantage of a sunny day and get out there and take a walk in a park or a hike somewhere. When you get to a spot that is particularly inviting, stop and take stock of what is around you. Check out the plants and the wildlife (or dogs). Just take a breather and get away from the crap that is making you feel down.
  • aproudmom
    aproudmom Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The thing you can control with all that is going on is your eating. Personally, I feel that if you need to binge, go for it. But make sure it is only once and is food that you love and won't feel bad about later. Like we learned in WW, tomorrow is another day and move on. If you think you won't be able to control it after one binge, then like another said, go out and walk, shop whatever.
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Okay, right now you are dealing with a pile of manure. What can you control and feel accomplished about? Your eating. Reward yourself by eating well. Being well and happy is the best revenge. Take a little scrap of paper and write "Being Well and Happy is the Best Revenge" and pull it out whenever you feel the urge to give in!

Thanks for this Heidi. It makes sense.

Good advice from Deb too :-)

I'm not sure I can just 'allow' a binge though Aproud! I don't know if I'd ever get back!
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Can you get out and spend some time in the sunshine? That's an all-natural mood-booster that also helps with your Vitamin D levels.

Just don't BURN! ;-)

Is there some other hobby and/or career you've thought or dreamed about? A language you've wanted to learn? Could you spend some time looking into trying something new? That would give you something positive to focus on.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I've been in a rough spot before and I know what it's like :( But I agree with the other poster... if there's one thing you can control, it's what you eat and what you do for yourself. Stick to that.
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys! x
    Thank you for your messages of support! All wise words and there's lots of things on my bucket list!... Before I start I've just got to go and find my Getupandgo... I left it around here somewhere....