30 day no sugar challenge

Options
2»

Replies

• myfitnesspale3
    myfitnesspale3 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Then after 30 or so days I started to re- introduce stuff. The weird thing is most of the stuff I cut I didn't fancy re-introducing. They simply lost there appeal.

Yep.

OP, congratulations on making the leap. After a week or so, it will be easier.

You may want to examine the effect of carbs and dairy on your energy levels.
  • najlaamundson
    najlaamundson Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I actually decided to cut out all sugar 6 days ago because I am so addicted to it. If I taste it, I crave it and like an addict, can't control the amount I eat. I just can't be around it, unfortunately. Today is day 6 with no sugar including fruit , dairy and artificial sweeteners. I will reintroduce fruit slowly (and carefully) after two weeks. I'm eating three healthy meals a day and three snacks and I feel good. I have tried many diets/approaches to weight loss and for me, I have found that they key is eliminating the sugar.
  • skittle316
    skittle316 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    10/10 would not recommend.

There's no reason to cut out fruit sugar. It's super good for you. This would be a "quick fix" that you're trying to avoid. You really don't need to track sugar at all unless you have some kind of medical issue in relation to it.

But in regards to fruit sugar would definitely eat it. A quick fix lasts 30 days! You need to do this to make a lifetsyle change, but don't deprive yourself. You can still eat chocolate etc as long as you stay within your calorie restrictions. The weight will come off eventually. Patience, dedication, and determination :) Best of luck!
    Please stop spreading false information. Fructose has no benefits, it's nature's chocolate it's meant to make the fruits taste good so you eat them and spread the seeds with your poop. Bright flowers do the same thing, but the sugar is absolutely useless(other than the vitamins). There is no nutrient in fruit you couldn't get in vegetables.

I've been sugar for 5 momths now and plan to do so for a really long time. I'm being super strict until I drop the last 30lbs. Once I'm where I'm at and in maintance I'll the the ocassional plumb and apple here and there but that's it. When I was loosing weight before all I ate were fruits and they did crap in helping me loose weight. I've probably wasted $100 in apples. Never going back.
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I cut out virtually all refined/added sugar in January. I still get plenty of sugar (~80g/day) from fruit - I typically have something like a banana, an apple and some berries every day. On the grains side, I switched to all whole grains ... whole wheat, rolled oats, brown rice, quinoa. I'm definitely not in the low carb camp, getting something like 45-50% of my cals from carbs.

Since I started, I no longer get the "kill for a bagel" cravings I used to have. My guess ... filling up on grains, fruits (and vegs) that are full of fiber keeps me fuller longer, keeping the hunger pains away. Throw in lean meats and Greek yoghurt for protein, plus "good" fats from nuts, olive oil, avocado, salmon, etc., and I wound up with no more binging, and big weight loss (see ticker for latest status).

Good luck on your challenge!
  • swissmish
    swissmish Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness...it is like you read my mind! I have been having way too much sugar as of late (in the form of chocolate) and really am needing to cut back on the natural fruit sugars too. I find that i use chocolate as my crutch and really just cannot limit myself to one little piece. If I have a whole bar around, I will eat the entire bar! I am also going to try to cut back on the fruit as well, but not entirely cut them out, as I need my strawberry fix, or at least until they are no longer available here. I will be more than happy to join you on this new journey.
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    mishjp - based on your before/current photo, sugar cravings or not, you're doing very well!
  • swissmish
    swissmish Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    @ flatlndr.......That is very kind of you! Thank you very much :blushing: