When I see results from walking?

Options
I have committed to walking 3 miles everyday. I have been doing this 6 days a week for about 2 weeks now. In addition I am watching what I eat. i am down some weight but really am hoping to see a big "wow" factor

Soo how long did it take the walkers here before you noticed a difference?

Replies

• mommyofjan
    mommyofjan Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I saw results after about a month. I walk 20 minutes (about 1 mile) 6-7 days a week at speed 3.1 on my treadmill. I could see that my legs were, especially my calves, were much better toned. I have lost my 20 lbs doing walking pretty much exclusively and watching my calories. Good luck! :happy:
  • mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Took a couple of months walking 4 mph for at least a half an hour every day. But it is easy to do and it really works great.
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I never saw a big wow factor. The weight loss was very slow and steady with a lot of plateaus but I just kept at it. It took me 5 years to lose 60 lbs but as my doctor told me, I am more liable to keep the weight off because I did it so slow. Just keep walking and making slow changes to your diet.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Depends how much you are eating. Results are 95% diet. You could be walking 5 miles a day, if you're eating too much, you're not going to lose any weight.