White hairs...

Options

Replies

• Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Not a big deal. Mime are central around my part line to one side. I'm kinda hoping that they will grow in that one cool grey streak from the part line like in the old classic black and white movies. But they aren't noticeable to others get, so I'm not doing anything about them. I also figure if I keep working on getting and keeping a fantastic bod, no one will notice my hair.

I'd totally love a white streak Rogue-style :laugh: But it's not happening.

I'm just clueless about where to go to have my hair dyed I guess. How often do you do it to hide the roots too?

I've been the owner of one of those streaks on my left temple since the age of 14! Luck of the draw when it comes to hair pigment. And I think the whites (I bypass grey too) show up way more on dark hair. I just stick to a colour that matches my natural shade & bung on a box home colour around every 5-6wks - Job done!
  • HamptonPhoenix
    HamptonPhoenix Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 and I also started to find my white hairs early on. Probably around 18! Some of my eyebrow and eyelashes are starting to come in white. It's not really a big deal! I go with the flow.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Rock those Grey hairs ;)

^^^^^^^This! I have had grey hairs since middle school. It is a sign of WISDOM. My hairstylist put a rinse in my hair b/c she couldn't take the increase in my grey hairs. I laughed and it was a free service. So whatever...I love having grey hair and getting asked which college I attend LMAO
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Choose to age gracefully.

This. All Day.
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    If it wasn't for white/grey hair I'd have no hair at all.
    It's not that big a deal, don't worry.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    I found my first grey hairs in my mid-to-late 30s. They didn't start multiplying until a couple of years ago. When there were only a few, I plucked them out. Occasionally I'd color at home. Eventually I started getting highlights (which I'd done on and off since my 20s) on a regular basis.

If they bother you, the cheapest and easiest fix would be trying a semi-permanent home color close to your natural shade. It will cover the few grey hairs and fade out gradually.
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Girl, dye that hair! I have no idea if I have any gray/white hair or not? I haven't seen my natural color and/or let my roots grow out long enough to see. I'm, by no means opposed to grey/white hair, but it's only for me when it's ALL that gorgeous silver like Helen Mirren has, and probably when I'm about her age. Not until then. She is 69 years old and one of my idols. I can only hope I'll look half this good when I'm her age.

Helen-Mirren.jpg
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and I've got about 6 or so too. They started showing up in my late 30's but I have no plans to color my hair. I have friends who color & everyone I know that does, has gone grey-er faster once they started coloring.

Not sure if there's anything to it, but until I get gray at the roots, or it accelerates enough to 'age' me prematurely, I'm not doing anything about it. There's only 5 or 6 of them & I have very dark hair, but they're not noticeable at all. :drinker:
  • loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I've had white hairs since I was in HS. I just let mine go. I actually like them! I'm 27 and I get more every year. I'm not a fan of coloring my hair so at some point it'll just go all white.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    I was 11 when I found my first white strands! My son sprouted a few at 10. I started coloring it at 18. My hair grows fast, I do it myself every 2-3 weeks and have received many compliments. I am 40 now and not quite ready to embrace that yet. One day, I'd like to go natural because the white is really pretty. ♡
  • eels4peels
    eels4peels Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 25 and this is what I'm rocking. :happy:

45455.jpg
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Choose to age gracefully.

This. There is nothing wrong with gray hairs.
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 25 and this is what I'm rocking. :happy:

45455.jpg

Own it.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I have white hair on my ears.

I have to burn them off with a lighter. :cry:
  • essa78
    essa78 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I found my first gray hair on my 21st birthday. I have many now and they're kinda cool, some people ask me who does my highlights (((HAHAHAHAH!!!)))

If you feel more beautiful or whatevs get your hair colored professionally, but know that you will be dropping some ca$h every 6 weeks so pick a stylist you love, cause you will be giving them your time and money. Like, all the time.

Or if you choose to relax and not sweat the grays, that's cool too, because there are other things you can do with your time and money, and beauty is about you and your heart and soul, not your hair :flowerforyou:

Do what makes you blow kisses in the mirror in the morning, that is what you need to do :heart:
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    My grandmother was totally gray by age 22.

I am 31 and have no gray/white hair.

My mom is 54 and has "skunk gray" hair. Two lines streaking in the front of her red hair.

I hope I age like my mom.
  • sauerkrautpolka
    sauerkrautpolka Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    36 here, too.. but no white hair yet. :( I hope I get a head full of white hairs as pretty as Emmylou Harris'!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 and have a little gray at my temples. There is much more in my facial hair. I grow a beard every winter, and in the spring when I shave, everyone tells me how young I look. It's not Jerry Garcia gray, but it's getting more every year.

My wife is 61 and she gets her hair dresser to dye her hair about once a year. The rest of the time it just her, an old sweatshirt and a timer. It adds up to some serious time and money every year. Her mom had really pretty silver hair, so I wouldn't mind her letting it go to see how it looks.
  • tabicatinthehat
    tabicatinthehat Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I've had them since I was 18. I color mine at home. Some brands work better than others, so it's kind of a trial and error thing. Do whatever you want, though. It's your hair and there's nothing wrong with greys.
  • Ump78
    Ump78 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 and graying faster in my beard than on my head. I figure I've earned em. I keep it well groomed (duck dynasty antithesis) but I decided a while back just to allow my hair to age along with the rest of me. Some things I can slow down the process. Hair pigmentation isn't one of them. So, I'll just go gently into that goodnight. And embrace the memories I've made in the process.