I have a question , when the calories are rest ?

Options
Hello ,

Today i'll not sleep (now it's 23:44pm here) , i'll stay all the night and will sleep in the next day ...

i meant i'll not sleep this day and from 8:00am i'll start to eat for the day.

So my question is , so far i eat 1500 if i'll start to eat from 8:00am it will be 3000 Calroies ? or will 1500 like this day ?

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Hello ,

Today i'll not sleep (now it's 23:44pm here) , i'll stay all the night and will sleep in the next day ...

i meant i'll not sleep this day and from 8:00am i'll start to eat for the day.

So my question is , so far i eat 1500 if i'll start to eat from 8:00am it will be 3000 Calroies ? or will 1500 like this day ?
    Is English a second language? I am having difficulty understanding your question.

Are you saying you will be awake for 48 hours and will be eating 3000 calories during the 48 hours?
  • Remo_Williams
    Options
    It doesn't matter. Just pick one and stick with it, the same every day.
  • ozal5
    ozal5 Posts: 3
    Options
    I mean , today i was eat 1500 cal , and this night i'll stay awake from now to 22:00pm tommrow , so far i was eat 1500 cal,

after this night in 8:00 am i'll eat again 1500 cal and in 22:00 i'll sleep,

So the question is : If i ate today 1500 and I stay up this night and eat more 1500 tommrow , it will be 3000 calories or calories are reset at a specific time.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I mean , today i was eat 1500 cal , and this night i'll stay awake from now to 22:00pm tommrow , so far i was eat 1500 cal,

So the question is : If i ate today 1500 and I stay up this night and eat more 1500 tommrow , it will be 3000 calories or calories are reset at a specific time.

You are overthinking this.

Log and try to balance out the week. If you eat something at 2am, just pick which day you want to log it in and move on. Just make sure to log it and try to stay within your calorie deficit for the overall week.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

The site resets at midnight, but your body isn't a computer. Track weekly if your schedule is too complicated.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    You need to post as though you are on a 24 hour clock. So you can experiment by posting for today......then move your day/date ahead to Sunday ( tomorrow) and post for that day. The calories will count within a 24 hour period.

It sounds like you will not sleep all day today or tonight, i really can't tell when you will be eating but your daily calories PER MFP are to be used within 24 hours.

If you go over the calories for one day, don't worry---- you can lose the two pounds you want to lose by creating a weekly deficit.

I hope this answer helps. Good Luck
  • ozal5
    ozal5 Posts: 3
    Options
    Okay Thanks all :).
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I'd go with the clock. Log them on two days, changing at midnight. :)
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    I work overnight myself. I have my diary set up in chunks of time rather than meals. So, the "meals" are actually 8 hour blocks of time, and I choose to have separate sections for snacking and drinks, and medication. So, it's 12am-8am, 8am-4pm, 4pm-12am, every day. Calories/per day is a guide for your eating, it's not an exact science.

The reality is, if you wanted to get really specific on your calories, you wouldn't even eat 1500 on days where you didn't sleep... Because if 1500 is your normal average, it calculates in rest time. You burn more calories when you are awake, so if there is no sleep time, your per day amount would actually be more than the normal level.

Just because psychologically it will feel like one long day, doesn't mean it IS one long day. eat your per day amount per 24 hour period. If you want to get something more accurate, get something like BodyMedia, which will track the calorie burn in real time, and you can eat to the number you have available at the moment.
  • Katana1000
    Katana1000 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Dont eat after 8pm. That way when you wake up at 8am, you would have had 12 hours of rest and digestion to reset your body calories to 0.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Dont eat after 8pm. That way when you wake up at 8am, you would have had 12 hours of rest and digestion to reset your body calories to 0.

Nope. That's not how it works. You burn calories whether you are awake or asleep. Nothing "reset your body calories to zero."

Calories are simply a measure of energy. A single calorie is the amount of energy it takes to increase the temperature of 1 gram of water 1 degree celsius.

Our bodies require energy to function. This energy is provided by the food we eat. The "calorie" numbers for the foods we eat are actually estimates, in thousands, of the amount of energy released in terms of heat were we to burn them under specific conditions.

The numbers of calories our bodies use during a specific period of time varies with our activity level, body chemistry, weight, age, etc.

We use estimates of the amount of calories our bodies use in a day (TDEE) to estimate the average amount of food we need to eat per day to maintain, gain, or lose weight. It's all estimates but it works to a good extent.

Your body does not "reset" at midnight or 8 a.m. Your online food diary resets to zero. It is simply a handy tool for keeping track of daily calorie estimates. You could use another tool to keep track of calories weekly. The effect, on average, would be the same.
  • Katana1000
    Options
  • Katana1000
    Options

Nope. That's not how it works. You burn calories whether you are awake or asleep. Nothing "reset your body calories to zero."

Calories are simply a measure of energy. A single calorie is the amount of energy it takes to increase the temperature of 1 gram of water 1 degree celsius.

Our bodies require energy to function. This energy is provided by the food we eat. The "calorie" numbers for the foods we eat are actually estimates, in thousands, of the amount of energy released in terms of heat were we to burn them under specific conditions.

The numbers of calories our bodies use during a specific period of time varies with our activity level, body chemistry, weight, age, etc.

We use estimates of the amount of calories our bodies use in a day (TDEE) to estimate the average amount of food we need to eat per day to maintain, gain, or lose weight. It's all estimates but it works to a good extent.

Your body does not "reset" at midnight or 8 a.m. Your online food diary resets to zero. It is simply a handy tool for keeping track of daily calorie estimates. You could use another tool to keep track of calories weekly. The effect, on average, would be the same.

Omg. I didnt mean it literally. 12 hours to burn food during sleep should be long enough to burn off the calories. Of course this depends on how much has been taken. If you eat too much it will get turned into fat. But everyone knows this. Nothing drives me more crazy then having to be literal with things. Their english seemed a bit broken so I was trying to keep it simple.

"Your body does not "reset" at midnight or 8 a.m. Your online food diary resets to zero. "
    Thanks captain obvious.
  • mandez19
    mandez19 Posts: 179
    Options
    Just log all your food for today on today's date and tomorrow's food on tomorrow's date.