Any 5'0 starting at 165 pounds?

Options
2»

Replies

• desidieter
    desidieter Posts: 195
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and started at 185 Ibs. I need to weigh in again, as I haven't recently (my scale is broken at the moment and I haven't had a chance to get a new one), but in 48 days, I think I've dropped at least 10 pounds....maybe even 15. I do some walking but also incorporate some dance, aerobics, and kickboxing, as well as light strength training. Walking will give you results, but I recommend interval training and strength training to help you get lean and tone as you drop the pounds. And, of course, food makes a huge difference.
  • Numberwang22
    Numberwang22 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hi

Any 5'0 starting at 165 pounds and met with success? My target weight is 140lbs. How long did it take you? And what was your diet like? Can I do it by walking alone?

It would really help to know your stories that would keep me motivated as I start on my fitness journey ..again!!

Hi, I'm 5'3 and started at 161, currently at 150 but same goal as you. It's taken about 10 weeks I think and I'm thinking another 8-10 to get the rest off? Had a holiday mid way which set me back a little!

I'm mainly living on Indian food while dieting... Tons of veg sambar/curry type dishes, small amounts of rice, chapatti and nan. Eating so much veg there's even room for the odd treat... I think the main thing that is working for me is only having 30g portions of rice (uncooked) rather that a full serving.
  • marinashakeel
    marinashakeel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    hi i am 5ft and i started at 152 lbs.. am 124lbs now.. yes you can do it by walking alone.. i lost my first 18 pounds in three months by walking .. so yess you can.. best of luck
  • VenusSparks
    Options
    HEY-O! I'm technically 4'11 but I always say im 5'0 lol. Anyway I started at 180 mid-June and I am at 166.4 today. I know 13 lbs in 2 months is not the greatest but I guess some is better than none hehe. I eat very healthy but I do have slip ups every now and again with food but I make sure to burn the calories off. I also do my best to stay within my calorie goals. Workout wise I do a lot of exercise videos - Just Dance, Walk Away the Pounds, Taebo, Jilliam Michaels. I also go to the gym and get on all the cardio machines and do strength training. I plan to get with the free trainer at the gym so I can get a lot stronger. Itry to workout at least 3-5 times a week. I plan on hitting 130 or 140 by Christmas.
  • VenusSparks
    Options
    hi i am 5ft and i started at 152 lbs.. am 124lbs now.. yes you can do it by walking alone.. i lost my first 18 pounds in three months by walking .. so yess you can.. best of luck

Walking will do you wonders! try to walk maybe 4-5 times a week for at least 30mins.. And of weather doesn't permit, you cant go wrong with Walk Away the Pounds :)
  • annar298
    annar298 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hello there! I am not 5' but I'm close I am 4'11.5" and started at 189lbs!! Ugh I actually started about 4 months to 5 months ago eating a little healthier and then I started realizing that I didn't want much of the foods I craved all the time! I am right now at 149/148 a total of 40lbs and only been exercising for about a month and a half. I didn't have that much confidence in myself to work out at the beginning and I wish I did. You cant get there I have lost more than half and still have a long way to go but seeing a difference now really excites me. Good Luck! :):flowerforyou:
  • Littlestandrews
    Littlestandrews Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11 and started out at 169. It took me 5 months to get to 140 and from there I decided to change my goal from 115 (which was my initial goal) to 125. You can do it. And don't pay attention to people who say you will still be bigger. When I got to 140, I could fit into size 4 jeans. The only reason I decided to keep going to 125 (which is still considered 'overweight') is because I did not feel comfortable in my own skin yet. I weighed 125 in college and was active/healthy. Remember that gaining weight in muscle mass is a good thing. Lose fat, gain muscle. Get to 140, you can do it!
  • alee145
    alee145 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 180. I am naturally muscular but I have some fat on top of my muscle. My goal weight is 145. I still want to have some fat, but at 145, because I build muscle easy, I will look really small. When I was 160 people would guess I was 135. Anyway, as far as exercise, I find that working out with someone who is WAY more advanced than you is motivation enough. I workout with one of my male best friends. He pushes me, and understands that I'm struggling but doesn't make me feel like I'm slowing him down. It also makes it fun because we chit-chat at the gym while working out and it's not a distraction from the actual workout.

Also, working out with someone who is used to going to the gym every day will keep you going as well. He comes to the gym sometimes to meet me even if he already went earlier that day, just to motivate me.

I know everyone's body is different, but working out at night until exhaustion helps me sleep like a baby. It's nice to get in the bath, throw in some bath salts to soothe my muscles, and get under the covers. Laying down feels amazing when you're completely wiped out from a workout. I go to the gym at 9pm, and I'm in bed around 11:15. I eat a very filling dinner around 7:30 and give it time to digest and drink water like a madwoman before heading to the gym and after I leave. I find this keeps me from eating late at night as well, because all I want to do when I get home is lay shower and lay down.
  • pugsleyjean
    pugsleyjean Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm 5'2" and started in April 2013 at 163lbs which was my heaviest. I have lost 42lbs overall and today is my 1 year mfpversary! I have lost 16.8lbs in the last year alone and mostly my exercise is walking only.
    During the first few months I had cut back on eating processed foods, limited my alcohol intake and eating smaller portions. The pounds started coming off quick. You would be surprised what an actual portion looks like when you start measuring your food! I still eat out every now and then, I still drink when I want to and go overboard when Im feeling really good :drinker: I just add in some more exercise on these days so I have some extra calories to have fun with.
    I have started adding running into my exercise and love it. Learning to run and hopefully complete a 5k next year are my goals right now. Keep up with the good work and you will see the pounds shed quickly! :smile:
  • teecatin
    teecatin Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I thought I was 5'0" (so many years of pretending and rounding up, I guess I started to believe it). A recent "Biomeasure" reading at my local Florida Blue (Blue Cross Blue Shield) office brought me back to the reality that I am actually 4'9.5". Maybe I've shrunk some, too - aging can do that. I started out at 128 lbs. and lost 2 lbs. on my own before joining. MFP. Altogether I've lost 12 lbs. since late May. This is the first time I've kept a food diary and worked on portion size. I still lead a very sedentary lifestyle. I try to keep my calories under 1200/day. I definitely go over sometimes and I'm consistently over my sugar limit. Because I have a history of losing (as much as 22 lbs) and regaining every last pound, I am allowing myself a daily sweet treat (usually Edy's Slow Churned) and there are no forbidden foods, although admittedly I eat very little animal protein. I'd be the first to admit this is the antithesis of a model diet, but it is working for me now because I'm not giving up anything, just controlling portions. So, in theory at least, I have nothing to rebel against and can do this indefinitely. I'm losing very slowly but that doesn't bother me because overall my line graph shows a downward trend (with lots of blips). Stay with MFP, log dutifully and you will see results. My wishes for great success are with you. With our shorter stature, we have greater challenges.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!