on a late schedule - what to eat after workout?

Options
I'm pretty much nocturnal right now - wake up at 11am and stay up til about 3am. I go to the gym usually from 9-10pm, but when I come back I'm not sure what to eat. I technically haven't eaten dinner, but I don't want to eat too much since I'm not gonna get too much activity for the rest of the night. Normally I just roast some vegetables and eat them along with greek yogurt or a fruit. Any suggestions about what to eat this late at night?

Thanks!!

Replies

• ponchan
    ponchan Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Looks good. Eat whatever you want, just don't open a bag of potato chips. ^^
  • ladybatmanfan
    Options
    Nuts, if you like them (and aren't allergic, of course)
  • superblahok
    superblahok Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    haha thanks!

the problem with nuts is that I like them a little too much so I tend to overindulge. But if I can control it then I'll try it out.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    i highly recommend blue diamond sea salt and dark chocolate almonds.

but then again... you cant eat just a serving. its impossible.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    a banana. an egg.

i usually workout right before dinner so i guess im no help.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    if you haven't eaten dinner, why not have it then? the time you eat doesn't affect weight loss - just the amount of calories. and if you're working out, fueling your body is a good idea :)
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    If I work out before eating dinner then I will eat my full dinner afterwards... even if that means going to bed 20 minutes later. Your body doesn't care when you eat, caloric intake is all averaged out anyways.
  • arnostbilej
    Options
    How about a post-workout recovery protein shake? Get some protein powder, fruit (bananas work well because they tend to add sweetness and texture), and skim milk (or whatever you're into, almond milk also works well), mix it, and you have a 400 calories meal that fuels your muscle recovery.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Eat dinner before bed if you want. Eating like that will not affect anything. The only consideration is that some people find the food interferes with their sleep.
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    if you haven't eaten dinner, why not have it then? the time you eat doesn't affect weight loss - just the amount of calories. and if you're working out, fueling your body is a good idea :)

This^
  • ladybatmanfan
    Options
    Ah sorry to hear. Maybe measure out a serving ahead of time, keep them in a snack or sandwich bag, and store the rest out of sight, might help with over-indulging.