What do you do when you buy a new bathroom scale?

Options
I went from an old fashioned needle one to a digital one and the digital one is saying I'm nearly 2 pounds lighter than the older scale I was using.

So, how do I properly record weight loss now?

Replies

• Wildstorms
    Wildstorms Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Go with the new reading as you will be using this from now on. Adjust your end goal by 2 lb or not when you get there. :smile:
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Happened to me, had to get a new scale about 6 weeks in. New one "weighed" me almost 2 pounds HEAVIER. No problem, noted in diary WHY it was higher, and moved on.

In your case, YAY! Bonus weight loss :laugh: . Seriously, just make a diary note that you got a new scale and move on.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Your new digital scale is likely (but not defintiely) more accurate than your old analog scale. Just go with what your digital scale says and don't worry about it - unless it starts giving you wacky readings, then try changing the battery. But that should be quite a while away.
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Happened to me, had to get a new scale about 6 weeks in. New one "weighed" me almost 2 pounds HEAVIER. No problem, noted in diary WHY it was higher, and moved on.

In your case, YAY! Bonus weight loss :laugh: . Seriously, just make a diary note that you got a new scale and move on.

My old one was cracked and just hard to read needle placement.

I will just mentally know I didn't have a two pound loss in 6 hours and do what you said. Note and forget about it.
  • 115s
    115s Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    What do I do? I put that thing in the kitchen, where the food is.
  • carolineat111
    carolineat111 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    When I get a new scale, whether it weighs me heavier or lighter, I just note the change in my notes and record the weight it says.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Put it the new weight, whatever it is, and keep going. Remind yourself that you didn't really gain or lose that much, but forget about it.

The loss is still loss, whatever the number says. :)

When I got mine, though, I got on, weighed, got off and grabbed fishing weights, got back on and checked to see if it knew the difference. I weighed several other things that were weighed on a very precise scale, just to be sure it was doing a good job. I had to know that it worked, lol. :)