Crazy weight lifting swede on the loose!

Options
Heya!

I'm not really new to keeping dietary journals, though joining a community to do so is something I do find a little scary! Been logging and generally kept track of my intake since the summer of 2011 where I found out I've got PCOS, but ended up in this little bubble where I was so focused on losing weight to avoid and lessen the bad things that PCOS brought me that I pretty much ate the same things over and over again. Eventully I stopped the actual logging since.. well I didn't change my intake and repeating myself even more than I already did was simply not fun. However, my goals changed and now I'm on a somewhat different mission, so I'm hoping that you guys can help me out with that!

The first year went well, I lifted weights (found Stronglifts 5x5!) and ate better than I had done before, went from being above 86kg/190pounds to a wooping 68kg/150pounds! (Before I lost weight I had stopped weighing myself because I found it so embarassing, I know I was above those numbers but 86kg is the last recorded weigh in at those levels and thus I'll use that number!)

Life is life and the years after that have been slightly messy, but I have managed to increase body weight (74kg/163pounds) whilst decreasing my size, and I'm now at the point where I want to be fit rather than just slimming down. I want to see abs, I want to see lines on my legs where my muscles part, I want a pair of guns and a chiseled back, and I've finally got the mental strength to do it!

Now, I'm one of those who would rather keep my business to myself, but I feel like I should be sharing this journey with others and that's why I'm now turning to you people!

I don't really care where you're from nor how your life situation looks like compared to mine, I simply want people around me that have their own stories to share and are willing to keep me company! ..though I will have to admit that I might be a bit more interested in those who are also lifting weights :embarassed:

Either way I hope to see you guys around!
/SK

Replies

• jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    May I say there is nothing wrong with wanting to improve your muscle strength... While I am not a weight resistance person myself, I am open to some suggestions on how to improve.

I do workout a great deal but it is mostly cardio specifically Zumba, Hip Hop Fitness and other dance workouts.
  • StrangeKraem
    StrangeKraem Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yeah I know that now! Completely different story when I started my journey though, it was just SO important to lose weight that it didn't quite matter what kind of weight you lost! Thankfully I realized that quite soon and started off with weight lifting in order to minimize the muscle loss, but the mentality is still hard to cope with, specially when there's doctors and people around you who are so intent on the actual weight loss that they refuse to see the importance of muscle mass.

I've tried out Zumba, had lots of fun with it! Am hoping that my current schedule will change pretty soon as I've got plans to join the dance workouts at my gym! Can't wait :D
  • StrangeKraem
    Options
    I'm gonna join the rest of the people and whine a bit about how fast the forum becomes flooded.. I'd very much like a friend or two! :(
  • mentalslavery
    mentalslavery Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Bumping this for SK!

She's an awesome gal who has kept me afloat through some really rough seas. Her fierce dedication never ceases to amaze me and I couldn't be more proud and happy to be sharing her journey. Nobody could ask for a better friend and support. Hope we both can make some new friends here!
  • StrangeKraem
    Options
    Heh, and did I mention I have the most awesome friends ever?
    Thank you Mental, that's exactly what I needed this morning <3
  • BrokenBelles
    BrokenBelles Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey, I just sent a friend request =) I'm new to this website and to the idea of resistance training. I'm starting to realize losing weight probably isn't enough for me either.
  • StrangeKraem
    Options
    Yay, nice to meet you! :D