Maintained Over 70 Pound Loss! -- Before/During

Options
Kitship
Kitship Posts: 579 Member
Hey all!

I haven't posted one of these in a while. Hoping that someone can find some encouragement from my before/during photos!

I started back in January of 2012 at over 300 pounds. I set my goal to lose 2 pounds per week, and counted calories (at least I thought I was). I was pretty bad at weighing food and being accurate, so even though I was at a deficit, it probably wasn't the deficit I thought it was.

Over the course of about 1 1/2 years, I dropped about 50 pounds. I started going to the gym in August 2013. That helped me lose another 20-ish pounds. I have been at a standstill for a while, which can be discouraging but I'm happy to say I haven't gained ANY of that weight back.

I can still lose about another 90 pounds and be at a healthy range. For the past month or so I have been lifting heavy 3x/week. I haven't weighed myself but I'm definitely feeling smaller! I have found that weighing myself every day screws with my mind and motivation, so I'm aiming to only weigh in once a month.

Here are my pictures!:

o08fpc.jpg

Replies

• samwalkerxx
    Options
    Congratulations! you look really well and should be very proud!
  • Keto_Kueen
    Keto_Kueen Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    U look beautiful!!!!
    When u do weigh urself, dont forget dat muscle weighs more than fat! So da scale mite even go UP sometimes, but ur coothing fit better or bigger, dats fantastic! N building muscle mass actually helps burn fat!
    Im a certified personal trainer ( not workin atm) but I have put on A LOTTA weight myself! I need to lose 66lbs!
    Had a baby was on bedrest...ya **** happens rite? Lols
    ttys
  • Keto_Kueen
    Keto_Kueen Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    N a very down to earth n inspiring post!
  • mistygrt
    mistygrt Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Great job ! Keep lifting heavy! You got this! :)
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! And thank you for sharing.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    It's hard to believe you're the same girl as the before photos! You look amazing. well done.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    You look great - you look surprised it's you on the bottom right hand picture!
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    You look great - you look surprised it's you on the bottom right hand picture!

I think that this is my "resting" face, haha! It's kind of the same expression as the before picture next to it. :laugh:

Thanks everyone for the compliments!
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!! Way to go!!! Keep up the good work!!! :happy:
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    don't let the scale get you down… look at the amazing change! awesome. Keep at it ..you are looking so wonderful. I like that idea of lifting weights..you will get smaller and who cares what the scale says!
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You look amazing great work!
  • perfekta
    perfekta Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! You can really tell a difference in the photos, you must be thrilled, keep it up, you can do it!
  • EllaQT
    EllaQT Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Keep going! If you want to lose more, think about your foods and plan ahead for the week. You are on your way and you look great! Congratulations.
  • cosmichvoyager
    cosmichvoyager Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    awesome!

Lifting is so great, it makes me feel so strong and confident. I've been at a standstill with the #'s on the scale for a month but I am still losing inches of fat all over me so yeah... go us :)
  • vmckinzey
    vmckinzey Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your awesome weight loss!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!