Options

Replies

• Missevanston
    Missevanston Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    thanks!
  • darcierochon
    Options
    Even though I'm a Packer fan, here's some stratagies I use. We entertain a lot and my husband is a trained chef - not a low-cal cooker AT ALL!

Drinks: I mix a pitcher of Crystal Light Lemonade to make Vodka Lemonades with. These are less calories than MGD 64's if you only use a shot of vodka per drink.

Food: I eat a decent breakfast - "saving" all my calories for the party always backfires - I go crazy and eat eat eat.

I put everything I am going to eat on a plate so I can see how much dip, how many chips, etc. that I am eating.

I determine when I am going to eat, make my plate, eat, and that's it - I don't graze and nibble all day.

I make lower cal stuff but I eat everything I want, just in very small quantities. I want the Cheesy Potatoes but I enjoy a spoonful or two instead of a cup or two!

I wear jeans that fit or are a bit snug so I remember that I don't have room to grow!!!

Hope it helps and GO PACK!! :)
  • truedecember
    truedecember Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    OMG I love all the football fans on here!!!

GO PACKERS!!!!!!!!!!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Steelers fan here!
    Go Packers ( VS the Bears).

Steelers fans know a Bear victory means the best they can do is second!!! Go Bears!!!

Boo! LOL---Actually I don't care who wins the Bears/Packers game.... For some reason my daughter is a Packers fan and we both want a Steelers/Packers Superbowl.
  • darcierochon
    Options
    The baked potatoe bar is a great idea!! Thank you!
  • watch48win
    Options
    Drinks: I mix a pitcher of Crystal Light Lemonade to make Vodka Lemonades with. These are less calories than MGD 64's if you only use a shot of vodka per drink.

Crystal Light and Vodka! That sounds good. may have to make that for tomorrow.
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I hope that both teams lose...is that even possible? :laugh:

Sorry. I'm still a bit ashamed of my Vikings this year but I could NEVER [even under penalty of death] root for either of these teams!!!

GOOD LUCK WITH MAKING HEALTHY SNACK CHOICES!!!
  • Harshberger24
    Options
    That's right...GO STEELERS!!!!!!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    GO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACKGO PACK GO PACK GO PACK

Love ya Crystal! :)
  • kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options

Sorry. I'm still a bit ashamed of my Vikings this year but I could NEVER [even under penalty of death] root for either of these teams!!!

I'm sorry, but as a die hard Bears fan... it was the greatest thing in the world to see the Bear's take Brett Favre out!! =)
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options

I'm sorry, but as a die hard Bears fan... it was the greatest thing in the world to see the Bear's take Brett Favre out!! =)

And no one was cheering louder than the Packer fans at that moment!
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    GOOOO STEELERS.....Can't wait for them to beat the JETS!!!!!!!!
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options

And no one was cheering louder than the Packer fans at that moment!

Thankfully he finally announced for REAL that he's retiring...I was sick of watching that old man hobble around on the field and struggle to get up after the slightest fall :laugh:
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options

GO JETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • tbecker39
    tbecker39 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You are doing the right thng. Have a plan. When those wings start smelling too good to resist....have one. You don't have to deprive yourself to be on track. Have a drink, but keep adding diet soda to it and have just enough for the taste. If you like the fruity la la drinks, your in luck! It is so easy to make Margaritta with out using the pre mix sugar junk. Use fresh fruits and some OJ for sweetness. You might find that everyone likes your drink better and you ALL can be healthy and party hardy at the same time!:drinker:
  • Missevanston
    Options
    Great idea! Picked up some crystal light while I was out!! THANKS!!!! GO BEARS GO BEARS!!!
  • Missevanston
    Options
    AMEN TO THAT! buh bye, Brett!!
  • katybeth534
    Options
    Steelers fan here!
    Go Packers ( VS the Bears).

Steelers fans know a Bear victory means the best they can do is second!!! Go Bears!!!

Boo! LOL---Actually I don't care who wins the Bears/Packers game.... For some reason my daughter is a Packers fan and we both want a Steelers/Packers Superbowl.

It's gonna be a STEELERS-BEARS Super Bowl!!! We are a Steelers household, and we are ITCHING to see them vs the Bears!!!
    On the food note - LOTS of fruits and veggies with lo-cal dips. Baked chips and white chicken chili is what we are doing!!!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options

When I was on track I enjoyed my 3 chicken wings, loads of veggies, 3 tbls of hummus, and crunchy homemade pita chips I walked aroudn with the same plate and 3 saucy chicken wings for hours. No one knew or cared if it was my 3rd or 10th.

This was a big revelation to me: the truth is, nobody else is going to give a tiddilyflip about what you're eating--or not.

I used to be so paranoid about big public food things. . . until I realized that nobody was paying any attention to me. And why should they? And the more I started paying attention to what other people ate (particularly my skinny friends. . .) I realized THEY weren't really eating much--or were making healthy choices-- at these kinds of things. DUH. I had just been so focused on what was on MY plate that I hadn't noticed what was (and wasn't) on theirs. And while we're on the subject, nobody's gonna keep a tally on your beer glass, either (unless, of course, you start making an idiot out of yourself . . .)

And for the game, I'll be munching on veggies and humus, enjoying some all-veggie chili, and drinking diet root beer and iced green tea out of my favorite beer stein.
  • watch48win
    Options

GO JETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's go Steelers!