Low Cal Pumpkin Recipes?

Options

Replies

• laurenyntema
    Options
    Especially since fall is coming, Pumpkin soup!

Very tasty and low caloric count recipe I have been using... http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pumpkin-soup/

EXCEPT don't use so much salt, and substitute low fat cream cheese for heavy whipping cream.

I also keep low sodium stock on hand at all times, so just remember to reduce where you can on the sodium levels as well.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    I am not sure of the exact recipe, but I got it here 2 years ago

Pumpkin Fluff

1 container (16 oz) of Fat free cool whip
    1 5oz package of sugar free instant vanilla pudding
    1 can (15 oz) of solid pack pumpkin
    1 tsp (or to taste) pumpkin pie spice

Mix together the pumpkin, pudding and spice. Fold in the cool whip. Chill.

I will check my recipes to make sure I got this right. (edited for recipe)

It is amazing!
  • jbuc07
    jbuc07 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later!!!!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    In for pumpkin!
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • hilaria81
    hilaria81 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com has a whole section of fall recipes, with lots of pumpkin. I plan to try some. I am kind of a pumpkin addict.

Edited to add link: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2007/07/skinny-fall-recipes.html
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Two recipes from Civlized Caveman that I've tried and love:
    Pumpkin chicken chili -
    http://civilizedcavemancooking.com/entrees/poultry/pumpkin-chicken-chili-2/
    Pumpkin cinnamon muffins-
    http://civilizedcavemancooking.com/grain-free-goodies/pumpkin-cinnamon-muffins/

I've also made a pasta sauce using pumpkin and milk and seasonings.

Add pumpkin to oatmeal or make pumpkin protein pancakes. It's been a while since I've made the pancakes but I think it was eggs (or whites), 1/2 pumpkin, oat or almond flour, almond milk and spices.
  • annemariemk4
    annemariemk4 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Healthy_Hunnie
    Healthy_Hunnie Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Protein Pumpkin Pie

412 Grams Pumpkin
    11 Tbsp. Egg Whites
    .5 Cup Almond Milk
    2 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
    2 Tsp. Vanilla
    1 Scoop Whey Protein
    Sweetener of choice

Mix and Bake.

When I make it comes out to around 421 calories with 47C/11F/3F/51P for the entire pie! It's really good with Reddi Whip AND Ice Cream. :)

BEAUTIFUL :drinker:
  • Healthy_Hunnie
    Healthy_Hunnie Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am not sure of the exact recipe, but I got it here 2 years ago

Pumpkin Fluff

1 container (16 oz) of Fat free cool whip
    1 5oz package of sugar free instant vanilla pudding
    1 can (15 oz) of solid pack pumpkin
    1 tsp (or to taste) pumpkin pie spice

Mix together the pumpkin, pudding and spice. Fold in the cool whip. Chill.

I will check my recipes to make sure I got this right. (edited for recipe)

It is amazing!

Beautiful as well! :drinker:
  • collins65
    collins65 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Bump:smile:
  • 185dengbiqi
    185dengbiqi Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bump i eat a whole pumpkin a week, so up for some new recipes, i just roast, mash, and make soup!
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I like to use a can of pumpkin puree mixed with a box of spice cake mix (mix only, no eggs/no oil/no water) put them into a muffin pan and you got individual pumpkin muffins. You could also put pumpkin into a smoothie, your oatmeal, mix with yogurt. the muffins are the best way for us and makes your house smell amazing after baking them. I also have made a pork loin stuffed with pumpkin puree and cinnamon. it was really good. all I did was to tenderize the pork loin flat, put on some pumpkin and then roll back up. I baked it for thirty minutes. it turned out really good. I love pumpkin season. you could also make mini pumpkin snacks by using crescent rolls and pumpkin. or a pumpkin no bake cheesecake made with fat free cream cheese and pumpkin.
  • forgivensins
    forgivensins Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I like to make a mash. Steam it. Get a tiny bit of oil or a non stick pan and toss in some chopped garlic, onions, pepper and salt, and use a spoon to smash it around til it gets like mashed potatoes.
  • Sarie_Bronish
    Sarie_Bronish Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I just tinkered around in my kitchen and created this gluten free pumpkin beauty!!

http://crazymomgettingfit.blogspot.com/2014/09/186-calorie-super-moist-pumpkin-spiced.html
  • macnma01
    macnma01 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Bump for later! :)
  • StephanieL14
    StephanieL14 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Omg I made these yesterday. They are pretty easy and soooo good.
  • CignaSi
    CignaSi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ActuarialChef
    ActuarialChef Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2012/11/17/lightened-up-pumpkin-spice-bars

I haven't made these yet but plan on doing so this weekend.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup all-purpose flour
    1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
    2 teaspoons cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
    1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    2 large eggs
    2/3 cup dark brown sugar
    1 cup canned pumpkin purree
    1/4 cup fat-free milk (or almond or soy milk)
    1/4 cup (1/2 stick) light butter, melted (or regular butter or melted coconut oil)
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.

In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients until fully combined. Set aside. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, brown sugar, and pumpkin together until combined. Add the milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until *just* combined. Do not overmix.

Bake for 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely and cut into 12 squares. Bars remain fresh for up to one week stored chilled in an airtight container.
  • lizzynewm
    lizzynewm Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    some delicious pumpkiny crap i made in the last week: tumblr_nbctcjzLi11rhnb7zo1_r1_500.jpg
    i made this awesome pumpkin pasta a week or so ago with italian sausage. it was so good.

the ingredients were (sorry for the wonky half weight/half volume measurements):
    1 oz white wine
    some minced garlic
    50g diced onions
    about 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
    1/2 cup chicken stock
    1.5 oz (dry) penne pasta
    1 open nature italian sausage
    salt, pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg, sage

~380 calories

i threw the diced onions in a hot pan, then poured the wine over to reduce into the onions, then put in the pumpkin and stock and mixed and let it simmer on low heat until it thickened a little and added the spices until it tasted awesome. then i diced the sausage, poured the cooked pasta in, and let it all happily mingle together for a bit, then served it with a little parmesan and pecorino on top. it was seriously so good.

also, pumpkin french toast!
    15oavf7.jpg

1 egg white, 1 tbsp of pumpkin, 1 tbsp of almond milk, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice for 3 small pieces of nature's own whole wheat bread. you can probably edit that around, and definitely top it with maple syrup and serve with fruit or something because on it's own, it's only like 200 calories!

oh, and i REALLY recommend making a big ol' batch of skinnytaste's pumpkin butter, which is an easy google search away. it's about 30 calories per tablespoon for the most delicious, autumny pumpkiny apple-cidery cinnamony goodness that you can put in your lattes, on toast, on pancakes and waffles, in oatmeal... it's just so wonderful. i'm making a point to cook up a few jars of it when october 1st rolls around.