LOSING MY MOJO!

Options
allright people... listen up! (sorry to be rude, i wanted to get your attention! lol)

I have done SOOOOOOOO good this summer, and the second i stepped into my classroom and i got around colleagues, i feel like my entire summer of work has gone out the window!

I've been saying to myself..'oh you can have that; tomorrow will be better; it's only one little snack!' when i've done so good in not eating any junk!

so starting again... no more junk. birthday treats for the kids? not for me, but thanks! i have worked so hard to get myself healthy and without a lot of processed junk that i am getting super angry at myself over this!

any motivation/support would be greatly appreciated! - I know i don't have a lot of time for you all lately (sorry) but i could really use some encouragement!

<3 you all! Thanks.

Replies

• chelsey787
    chelsey787 Posts: 261
    Options
    allright people... listen up! (sorry to be rude, i wanted to get your attention! lol)

I have done SOOOOOOOO good this summer, and the second i stepped into my classroom and i got around colleagues, i feel like my entire summer of work has gone out the window!

I've been saying to myself..'oh you can have that; tomorrow will be better; it's only one little snack!' when i've done so good in not eating any junk!

so starting again... no more junk. birthday treats for the kids? not for me, but thanks! i have worked so hard to get myself healthy and without a lot of processed junk that i am getting super angry at myself over this!

any motivation/support would be greatly appreciated! - I know i don't have a lot of time for you all lately (sorry) but i could really use some encouragement!

<3 you all! Thanks.
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: I found the same thing...I'm a teacher too. Although we've only been back for three school days, I'm finding that the new routine is impeding my motivation to exercise. I haven't done anything for five days straight...I used to do five days a week for 2 1/2 months straight. SO today, back on track, worked out for 80 mins (1/2 hour of spin, 50 mins of circuit training class) and it is so so so important to keep on doing this. Those treats aren't treats, they're evil fattening things.....:noway: Stay away stay away...one thing I do is let the kids serve my treat with their hands, usually the threat of germs keeps the treats at bay. Basically I don't ask them to use a paper towel so they usually just use their hands...I know it's gross but whatever works right!?!
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    okay i hear ya (5th grade teacher here) and i would suggest making sure you pack your lunch and if it doesn't bother you, eat in ur room and avoid the lounge where pretty foods lurk if you don't trust yourself right away . . and also, i would say it's fine if you don't want the snacks from the kids, but always make sure you take them anyways and toss them after the kids leave so they don't get their feelings hurt.:wink: oh, and if you don't think you'll have the willpower to toss them when the kids leave, then keep a healthy snack alternative for when the kids leave and you decide that you are hungry, so maybe you'll just go ahead and eat that.. . . this way, you'll have a healthy choice to munch on as you fling the sweets into the trash ..:tongue:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I'm just the opposite, I'm a school bus driver and I actually do better during the school year. I drive to where my bus is parked an hour early and walk for an hour, then drive all the kiddies home. I don't do so well in the summer, I just want to laze around. The only thing that keeps me going is gardening. Also a plus, you can't eat and drive at the same time and no offices piled with goodies all the time. :bigsmile:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Along the way I have put in my blog things which keep me motivated be it from me or others. Here is something which has helped me stay on track which I wrote earlier this year.

Controlling Naughty Foods

A friend and I were talking about weight loss a while back. We both came to the strangest agreement about our favorite "bad foods"...

* My favorite foods will always be there...
    * I already know what they taste like, so I don't have to go back and "try it" at every opportunity...
    * I can get that food when I have "earned" it, not when I just want it.
    * My goal is health and love for myself, not this food.

I think at the time french fries were my favorite. That would be my lunch, with a water. YUCK! What was I thinking? :laugh:

Now I remind myself that I already know how it tastes, and I can get it next time when I know it fits into my plan, and I want to be happy. YUM! It just helps me look at my favorite items and keeping ME in control, not my addiction.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Here is a note of motivation which I also keep handy from: Lavendersunday
    Tue 08/05/08 07:25 AM

"Do not expect to live from the perspective of deprivation and be successful.

All you need to do is think about what you Can have, should have, and will have to eat that you enjoy.

Dispose of ALL distracting food, plan for success by filling in your food diary before the start of the day.

It may help to acquire habits like, eating breakfast at home and bringing your lunch to work.

Maybe get creative and learn to become a wonderful cook of healthy recipes you discover.

Let go of the negative thoughts...you will find that success and happiness is aligned with positive thoughts.

~Namaste :flowerforyou: "
  • dachinababe
    Options
    going to college tomorrow....crossing my fingers... hope the freshmen 15 will stay away from me.. girl..im in the same boat as you...gotta keep it clean, gotta keep it lean.. :flowerforyou:
  • chelsey787
    chelsey787 Posts: 261
    Options
    gotta keep it clean, gotta keep it lean.. :flowerforyou:

ahahahaha! this made me laugh so hard!

Thanks for all your support everyone! my intentions are good every day, but with staff meetings and district institute days, all the teachers have been grabbing lunch out. I know when the kids come on Thursday I will not have time to go out to lunch all the time, so my packed lunches will have to do.

I've come up with some lunch ideas, but can anyone help me out? (i try to stay away from a lot of processed foods and focus on fresh fruits/veggies/whole ingredients)

1) salad with a bunch of veggies and tuna
    2) fresh veggie sandwich (thinking lettuce, cucumbers, tomato, onion, peppers, mustard.... can we say yummy?)
    3) in the winter making some homemade chili or black bean soup and bringing it a few times a week

every meal should be accompanied by a piece of fresh fruit!!!

any other ideas for me? (and btw, i don't do the lean cuisine/frozen dinner thing... too much sodium for this girl)
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    going to college tomorrow....crossing my fingers... hope the freshmen 15 will stay away from me.. girl..im in the same boat as you...gotta keep it clean, gotta keep it lean.. :flowerforyou:

Oh yeah, I remember those "daze" well (?). I ended up not doing the Freshman 15 by walking to all my classes at University, and such. But it sure is easy to do!
    When I went back a few years ago, for a mid life career change, I was a lot older, and not as heavy as I am now. Maybe I just shoulda stayed at school? LOL! :laugh: