How long will it take for all the food weight to be out?

Options
This summer I have been binging and binging and binging. For a couple to several times a week for 7 and a half weeks. How long will it take for all the food weight to be out so I can weight myself again and know that there is no extra food weight in me?

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    2 days to 20 years?
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    The body digests the food and then you eliminate it. Are you planning to stop eating? If not, there is no way you can determine that all the food has left your body. You always have some food inside going through the digestion process - unless you are simply not eating. No one should do that.

My best advice to you is make a plan and get started on it today. Use these links - they have tons of information that will help you:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819925-the-basics-don-t-complicate-it
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Whenever the next time you poop will be when it's out. But seeing as we people need to eat frequently, well, there's always "food" inside of us.
  • sarahsedai
    sarahsedai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Whenever the next time you poop will be when it's out. But seeing as we people need to eat frequently, well, there's always "food" inside of us.

yeah_science_breaking_bad.gif
  • TheSheepFollower
    TheSheepFollower Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I ment excess food weight! Sorry if you misunderstood that.
  • glitznglamour15
    glitznglamour15 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    OMG I totally feel yah! I have been binging nonstop the past few days and tomorrow I'm starting on here again. I am going to bed extra early tonight to aid my digestion. I suggest drinking lots of water and the food should be digested within 12-15 hours of the last time you ate.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    If you've been binging all summer, that food weight will have converted to fat (where your calories were in excess of your TDEE). The food waste itself will only hang around until you poop. So if you're back to eating "normally", then about 72 hours after your last binge your weight will be your weight (barring any water weight you may have)
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I ment excess food weight! Sorry if you misunderstood that.

Ohhh ok. Just hit the tare/zero button, then weigh.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Um, now.
  • LeonXC
    LeonXC Posts: 68
    Options
    I ate a burrito in Tijuana back in the 80's and it never came out.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    What do you mean "food weight"? Do you mean poop?

I remember when I first started eating well how my poops got smaller and easier. In a week or so, the old poop will be gone and the poop of what you're eating now will replace it. You might lose a tiny amount due to poop, but not enough to worry about.

I. Love. Jesse. Thought this was funny (and good, for a fan):

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/television/2013/09/jesse_from_breaking_bad_video_every_bad_thing_that_s_happened_to_jesse_pinkman.html
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I ate a burrito in Tijuana back in the 80's and it never came out.

Are you sure you didn't black out from the ensuing digestive issues?
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    you're seriously over-thinking the process.
  • sarahsedai
    sarahsedai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    What do you mean "food weight"? Do you mean poop?

I remember when I first started eating well how my poops got smaller and easier. In a week or so, the old poop will be gone and the poop of what you're eating now will replace it. You might lose a tiny amount due to poop, but not enough to worry about.

I. Love. Jesse. Thought this was funny (and good, for a fan):

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/television/2013/09/jesse_from_breaking_bad_video_every_bad_thing_that_s_happened_to_jesse_pinkman.html

hahaha. thanks for the share. poor jesse. one sorry individual.
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I cannot tell whether I'm very stupid or very smart for not understand this question.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Weight gained from binging isn't like water weight. The food is already out. The fat is still there because you gained weight. You, therefore, need to lose weight. The time it takes to lose the weight will depend on a) how much weight you gained and b) how great your calorie deficit is.
  • popper74
    Options
    It doesn't work like that...if it did, there probably wouldn't be so many of us on here trying to lose weight. If you binged and binged and binged, it's not like that food has an expiration date on how long it stays with you. It's not like 72 hours after eating ANYTHING you want, the calories, fat, sugars, etc just disappear. I'm sure a lot of what you ate was converted into fat, and you now have to work at losing that fat through diet and exercise. Sorry. There's no quick fix. I would suggest in the future, NEVER binge eat again. All that eating for a few weeks could take you months or years to work off. Good luck!