Replies

• aeb09
    aeb09 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Carbs, fat, protein, fiber and sugar.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    fyi, the iPhone/ipad app tracks all of the Nutrients it just doesnt display them all on your Food Diary screen.

too view all of your nutrients Click on the Nutrition tab and at the pie chart screen look in the upper left hand corner for the tiny page icon. Click it and it will display all of your days nutrients
  • sarahsedai
    sarahsedai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    carbs
    fat
    protein
    fiber
  • ThinkInOregon
    Options
    Carbs
    Fat
    Protein
    Sodium
    Sugar
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Macros + Calcium (need to watch because I don't eat dairy) + Iron (need to watch because I don't eat red meat)
  • anaxione
    Options
    -protein (>100g)
    -fat (>70g)
    -carbs (net of <65)
    -fiber (25g)
    -sugar (<25)
    and of course calories are quite important (1200)

i'm on a modified keto diet, so these are what i need to keep a close eye on. it's especially beneficial to know exactly what kind of carbs you are eating on keto, but really on any diet you should keep track of both fiber carbs and sugar carbs when you are figuring out what daily meals are working or not for your particular situation.
  • VCopple
    VCopple Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Carbs
    Protein
    Fiber
    Sugar
    Fat

Mostly because my mother is pre-diabetic and I learned many of my eating habits from her, so I try to watch the refined sugar intake. I also lose when I go low carb, so I try to eat more protein and less bread. If I can get my fiber early in the day, then I'm not as hungry throughout and I don't mindlessly snack.
  • mangogirl272727
    mangogirl272727 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    The macros, potassium, and iron. I'd love to track my calcium too :-( and maybe sodium.
  • divajoni
    divajoni Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    carbs --> 25% --> not a low carber, but i would rather eat more fat! :)

fat --> 45% --> only healthy fats: olive oil, pastured lard and tallow, coconut oil... absolutely no canola, soy, corn.

protein --> 30% --> try to get 100g daily

potassium --> i use this metric to ensure i am eating my veggies. BTW-- ever wonder why the potassium level was so high? because the RDA assumes that you eat a lot of sodium and it is important to have sodium and potassium levels balance. Since i don't eat processed foods, at all... and mostly cook at home, so i don't worry about the sodium.

calcium --> bone health
  • cardozojoann
    cardozojoann Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Carbs
    Fat
    Protein
    Sodium
    Fiber
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I agree- I want to see more too... but right now, tracking carbs, fat, protein, sugar and calcium.

Though thinking of changing sugar.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Protein, Carbs, Fat, Calcum and Sugar.

I used to ignore everything but Calories, and I was always high in carbs and sugar. I'd justify it in a variety of ways.

Now that I'm hitting my protein requirement every day, the carbs and sugar are subsequently lower and I feel better!

I found it doesn't always pay to be a rebel. Who knew conforming would actually make me feel better?
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Maybe someone mentioned this already, but underneath the water tracker there's a "full report" button that lets you see more items at once.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Carbs. Fat. Protein. Fiber. Sugar. But I very seldom use the website for tracking. I'm always using the app, and there I can track all of them. Aside from the 3 macros, the ones I pay the most attention to is fiber, calcium, vitamin C, and sodium.
  • MargaretSobers
    MargaretSobers Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    YOu should have to add more coulmns to your track, because cholesterol, saturated fat, sodium, potassium, suger are also importent nutrients of our body, which should be controlled.
  • denisegresham1
    denisegresham1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    calories, fat, carbs, protein, cholesterol, sugar
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Carbs,fat, protein, fibre, sugar
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Carbs, fat, protein, sodium, and fiber.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Carbs, Fat, Protein, Fiber and don't care. I have it set to sugar for the last one currently.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Carbs, Fat, Protein, Calcium, Fibre.

I used to track iron, since my iron levels were low in the past based on blood tests. (I don't eat red meat, so this can happen if I'm not careful.) But I've worked hard to change my diet to get them up and I've been consistently hitting my daily RDAs for a while now. So I've swapped it out for calcium because I'm still having trouble getting enough of that, even despite adding more dairy to my diet. Fibre I track because I almost *never* get enough despite eating a bazillion carbs. So I consciously make food choices on that basis, e.g. a cup of raspberries instead of a cup of strawberries.

I also check in on the full daily report on the mobile app whenever I can. Saturated fat, Vitamins A and C, sodium and cholesterol are pretty much always good, so I don't feel the need to track them as closely. Vitamin C is actually almost always way too high, though I'm told it's not harmful since it's all from food sources and not supplements. Potassium isn't included on food labelling here in Canada, so it's never accurate in my reports anyway. I eat almost zero trans fats, so not too concerned about that either.