I've been here 2.5 years and have lost 124 pounds

Options
I've wanted to post this for months and months but couldn't figure out how to get it sized correctly. But I've finally done it! I started out in December 2011 at 304 pounds. Joined a gym with my husband and got a personal trainer even though we couldn't afford it. In February 2012 I joined MFP and decided to take a look at my diet and see how much I was eating and how I could improve it. I started making little changes, and the changes added up to bigger changes, and in one year I was down 90 pounds! No one was more surprised than I was! I hadn't been under 200 pounds since I was a teenager and I'm now 46. I had completely given up and worked hard at accepting that I would never be smaller than maybe 275ish.

I wasn't willing to diet or follow a meal plan, but I was willing to make better choices. Some small things made a huge difference!

10639360_10152281628398314_8416739377550722199_n.jpg

And the next picture is of me and my 12 year old daughter, wearing my "before" clothes together! She weighs about 120, so together we weigh about what I did when I started.

10513368_10152195013633314_787057484815103070_n.jpg

People tell you it is all about will power and making up your mind to do it and that sort of thing. Well, I'm here to tell you that you can be loaded with doubts and still make a positive change. You can fall off the wagon over and over, but just keep thinking of ways to make healthier choices next time.

I'm a not-stopper. I'm not a go-getter or a great organizer or planner or more committed than anyone else. I probably didn't even work harder than lots of folks who eventually quit. All I am is a not-stopper.

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You look really healthy, happy and should be very proud of yourself. Well done!
  • mjcrothers
    mjcrothers Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I like that, a not-stopper! Well done! !!! Love the pic of you and your daughter. Bet she is super proud of you too!
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! I love your story and that you're a not-stopper! Super-cute picture of you and your adorable daughter! Congrats on your weight loss!
  • strassenkoenigin
    Options
    You look like a different person. Even your clothes look like they are different. it is amazing how different a blouse falls when the fat is gone. Congratulations.

Btw.How did you post the pics?
  • TheLastNelda
    TheLastNelda Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You are so inspiring! Thank you so much for sharing! I love what you said about being a not-stopper. I think that is something I should focus on, just trekking forward despite my mistakes. Congrats on the amazing healthy changes you've made!
  • ochibi91
    ochibi91 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look wonderful!
  • KellieA13
    KellieA13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Awesome read! Thanks for sharing and well done! :) Love the phrase non stopper.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    congratulations - what a wonderful achievement!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    lol that photo of you two together is AWESOME!! great job!
  • sakuya3834
    sakuya3834 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Wow congrats! You look great! I love the after picture, it really helps put into perspective just how much you lost!
  • xenu01
    xenu01 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Haha, love the photo of you and your daughter. Well done, you! You look amazing.
  • JordanMK_
    JordanMK_ Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    good job!
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    h0mGJjR.gif
  • traceywoody
    traceywoody Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are awesome, and you look it too!! Such an achievement. If you don't mind, I am going to adopt the term "not stopper". It is brilliant.
  • EuroDivas
    EuroDivas Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Wow.. You are amazing.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Thank you. You are an inspiration.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Such wonderful work! :)
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You won't mind if I follow in your footsteps, will you? :-) You're an inspiration!
  • alison067
    alison067 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • amos481
    amos481 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I love your beautiful smile in the second "after" picture. Continue being a not-stopper :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!