English Newbie Says "Hello"!

Options
Hello MFP!

I am Stargazer 525 and I am a British newbie! :flowerforyou:

I have been lurking here for the past couple of weeks and now that I have lost 7lb - or half a stone (!) - I have finally plucked up the courage to introduce myself. :smile:

I have tried weight loss before, about 10 years ago and found it to be a miserable experience, but now, since I started with MFP I realised the reason was that I was being waaay too harsh with my calorie count and not taking my burn into consideration... no wonder it didn't stick!

With MFP I am having a MUCH better time, and am much happier!

Yesterday I bought myself a Fitbit One and started tracking through it. I have also joined the Fitbit Users Group.

I am married and recently celebrated my 10th wedding anniversary. We don't have children but we do have a cat called Scooter.

I enjoy rock/metal music, reading, cycling, knitting and American Football - watching, not playing! I also enjoy scifi/action/comedy/some horror movies and I love documentaries about the cosmos and history.

So that's me in a nutshell! Feel free to add me as a friend! :drinker:

Replies

• sushistorm86
    Options
    You sound absolutely lovely, doll. Honestly, all your hobbies are endearing and things I love as well. Except two, American football is a lost cause for me because I fell out of liking it when I was a child. lol Also, never knitted but always wanted to try. Anyway, I see your goal is progressing and I'm so glad for you. I hope you make it there, so you can have a second celebration in taking control of your body and making it in the vision you see it is.

I'm going to add you as a friend because you sound amazing, and I think we'd get along. You're so cheerful and uplifting in your introduction. How could I deny getting to know you?
  • Stargazer525
    Stargazer525 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thank you Sushistorm86 for the welcome and friends add!

I'm a third generation knitter. My mum taught me when I got made redundant from my job a few years ago and I have been doing it ever since. I'd recommend giving it a whirl. There are many YouTube vids for knitting if you want to try but can't find a teacher who's nearby.
  • Erin31811
    Options
    Hey :) I'm new to the boards so thought I would say hey! Goodluck on your journey :)
  • lenny1976
    lenny1976 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm going to send you a friend request too. I'm also into rock music, married no kids but 5 dogs. Sounds like we have quite a bit in common and you sound like fun. Good luck with your weight loss
  • Shokei
    Shokei Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me and good luck on your journey
  • pcknits
    pcknits Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I see you are a Dr Who fan! And a knitter! Sending you a friend request. Good luck with your journey, it isn't always easy but it is generally very rewarding.
  • tweetypixx
    tweetypixx Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hiya

Welcome, its an amazing site, Im on here every day and I love it, have managed to lose 6st already. Please feel free to add me, Im a UK girl too.

:)
  • bezerkus
    bezerkus Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I love the UK...Cheers and welcome!
  • Stargazer525
    Options
    Hey :) I'm new to the boards so thought I would say hey! Goodluck on your journey :)

Hey Erin31811! :happy:
  • Stargazer525
    Options
    Hi, I'm going to send you a friend request too. I'm also into rock music, married no kids but 5 dogs. Sounds like we have quite a bit in common and you sound like fun. Good luck with your weight loss

Hello!! 5 dogs??!! They must keep you busy! :wink:
  • Stargazer525
    Options
    Feel free to add me and good luck on your journey

Thanks Shokie! And good luck to you too!! :smile:
  • Stargazer525
    Options
    I see you are a Dr Who fan! And a knitter! Sending you a friend request. Good luck with your journey, it isn't always easy but it is generally very rewarding.

Yes I've been into Dr Who since Christopher Eccleston, though I do remember some of his predecssors and I have seen odd episodes of the earlier ones! :smile:
  • Stargazer525
    Options
    Hiya

Welcome, its an amazing site, Im on here every day and I love it, have managed to lose 6st already. Please feel free to add me, Im a UK girl too.

:)

Thank you for the welcome! 6st? Well done!! :drinker:
  • Stargazer525
    Options
    I love the UK...Cheers and welcome!

Hi! Thank you!!:wink:
  • joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hi UK newbie - congrats on the 7lb and Yes, MFP is an awesome site to lose weight and be more healthy with - been logging 725 days myself and its helped me lose nearly 5st and keep it off for nearly a year :)

good luck with your journey and bring back Matt Smith ;)
  • jtm4210
    jtm4210 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi Stargazer!

Well done on your progress :) keep it up!

I'm a UK rocker/sci fi and fantasy fan/married-with-furries (4 rats) so I'm pinging you a request too, hope that's ok.

J x
  • miriyummy
    miriyummy Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Like your avatar! Hope you had a good CapalDay this weekend?! Welcome to MFP!
  • Eloira
    Eloira Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hewo!! Welcome to the boards :D
    You sound absolutely awesome and wonderful as an above said ^_^
    I've been here for years but I'm a typical "yoyo dieter". Hoping this time it stays off :D

I'll be sending a request to you and the others if you don't mind :D

A bit about me:
    23, single, 4 dogs 2 cats a lizard (menagerie-used to have a bird :frown: ) I go gym and swimming almost everyday, am a vegetarian, love all types of music apart from rap...hamster...and rnb or whatever it's called LOL. I love scifi, horror, some dramas, thriller erm DIsney <3. I love to read, and play computer games xD and I started knitting a while ago but I only do t when I have time xD
    I recon we'll get on just fine :D

If I miss anyone feel free to add me xD
  • Stargazer525
    Options
    Hi UK newbie - congrats on the 7lb and Yes, MFP is an awesome site to lose weight and be more healthy with - been logging 725 days myself and its helped me lose nearly 5st and keep it off for nearly a year :)

good luck with your journey and bring back Matt Smith ;)

Thank you and congrats to you on losing 5st and keeping it off!:drinker:
  • Stargazer525
    Options
    Hi Stargazer!

Well done on your progress :) keep it up!

I'm a UK rocker/sci fi and fantasy fan/married-with-furries (4 rats) so I'm pinging you a request too, hope that's ok.

J x

Hi JTM!

Friend request accepted! Rock on! \m/