Zumba- how do you track it?

Options
Hi. I just tried Zumba today for the first time. It's not an exercise listed on the tracker, so for anyone who does Zumba could you tell me how to track it please? I was thinking aerobics/dancing? Thanks so much!

Replies

• littlemissgreedy
    littlemissgreedy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey I track it as aerobics, high impact, as I am always sweating buckets during a Zumba class!
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    There's one for dancing. I believe it also says ballet and jazz...that's what I use to track Zumba.
  • kimjoan
    kimjoan Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I track it as high impact aerobics as well, but FYI - there are a few people in my class that have the monitor that tells them how many calories they are burning. On an average for an hour class the woman who does it high impact burns 850 calories and the woman who does mid-impact 700.
  • mmelaniewalters
    Options
    it depends how hard u work , ... i come out of zumba dripping in sweat , and do a high impact a workout as i can , so as much jumping and high energy as i can manage so i track it as hi impact aerobics ..
    , but if yr doing more dance moves and less energy , yr right to go with the dance option , ( u will get less calories allowed tho )
  • NicoleHaines
    Options
    I use the "dancing, aerobic, ballet or modern, twist" tracker because Zumba is a little bit of everything.
  • curvykent
    curvykent Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much.
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    High Impact is more like it , 'cause I do work up a sweat!
  • BrandyKing
    Options
    You have to enter Zumba in seperately. Set it up as it's own exercise. If you have a calorie burned counter, like a watch or monitor enter in your calories burned after you do a Zumba workout. Once it's entered in then you can save it and use it everytime as a reference after that. I do Zumba and I usually burn anywhere from 500-800 calories an hour, hope that is helpful.
  • bethy1987
    Options
    The best advice I was given to track your calories for Zumba is to get a heartrate monitor and that should tell you the exact amount. Somedays we work a little harder than others and then other days not so much so if you really want to be accurate you shoud invest in one of those!! take care ~*I LOVE ZUMBA*~