Plateuing...

Options
So it's been about 3 months since I've started this new life style change, and I can say with a smile that I've lost 23lbs so far. I eat around 1500 calories a day, or close to it, whether it's a bit more or a bit less. I exercise 7 days a week, doing a combination of walking, kickboxing, strength training, and whatever else suits my fancy to keep my body guessing. I've been at the same weight for the past 2-3 weeks now and seem to have plateued. It's frustrating, but I'm keeping at it. My pants are looser than they were 2 weeks ago, but the scale has remained the same. Anyone else have or had this problem? What did you do to break through that?

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    My scale didn't move for six months but I dropped a full size in that time. If you're losing inches, you're on track - ignore the scale. :smile:

Give it time, it will catch up. Meanwhile, if you're not already, start tracking your measurements, snap a few photos for comparison along the way, and keep noticing how clothes fit.
  • matthawthorneisamyth
    matthawthorneisamyth Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My scale didn't move for six months but I dropped a full size in that time. If you're losing inches, you're on track - ignore the scale. :smile:

Give it time, it will catch up. Meanwhile, if you're not already, start tracking your measurements, snap a few photos for comparison along the way, and keep noticing how clothes fit.

This.
  • JanieElise
    JanieElise Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've been on a plateau for a while too up until recently. I lost 8 lbs with Dr. Ian Smith's Super Shred. You should try it.
  • Melonpaul
    Melonpaul Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Just keep powering through it. I'm currently experiencing the same thing, the scale hasn't moved for about four weeks but I've noticed some of my clothes are looser. I tracked my measurements once a month but now I’m tracking every two weeks and I just recently took photos (I didn’t take a “true” before photo when I started)

In short don’t give up, because even if that number doesn’t drop you’re still toning and strengthening your body. My favorite quote that helps me when I get into this situation is “If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started I was desperately wishing to be where I am now.”
  • TminusFitnessN321
    TminusFitnessN321 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    So it's been about 3 months since I've started this new life style change, and I can say with a smile that I've lost 23lbs so far. I eat around 1500 calories a day, or close to it, whether it's a bit more or a bit less. I exercise 7 days a week, doing a combination of walking, kickboxing, strength training, and whatever else suits my fancy to keep my body guessing. I've been at the same weight for the past 2-3 weeks now and seem to have plateued. It's frustrating, but I'm keeping at it. My pants are looser than they were 2 weeks ago, but the scale has remained the same. Anyone else have or had this problem? What did you do to break through that?

Thanks... I actually have taken a couple of pictures here and there. I'll just have to keep my head up and kick the scale to the curb lol.
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I've been on a plateau for a while too up until recently. I lost 8 lbs with Dr. Ian Smith's Super Shred. You should try it.

Why would she try a fad diet you tried if you're in the same boat as her? (Sorry lots of threads about boats this morning)
  • He1loKitty
    He1loKitty Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Two to three weeks isn't really a plateau. I find that I tend to stay at the same weight for a few weeks then I'll drop another pound or two. I wouldn't worry about it just yet. Keep up the good work and you'll see a loss again soon.