How long will it take for all the food weight to be out?

Options
2»

Replies

• Onechk
    Onechk Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I did a fast not too long ago, to spare the details it took 4 days until I was "empty". That extra weight isn't "food weight", if you binged for 7 weeks it's "fat weight!" Is that what the op is asking? That question was confusing. Takes a lot more than going to sleep early to rid of the fat gained!
  • MargaretSobers
    MargaretSobers Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    You may gain weight easily but it takes time if you want to lose weight. A pound of fat contains about 3800 calories. You have to reduce your calorie intake and burn more calories by exercise and other workout by which you will release more carbon dioxide. When you exercise and sweat come out, you may feel you are losing weight, but don't get confused it may be water weight.
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I cannot tell whether I'm very stupid or very smart for not understanding this question.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.
  • TheSheepFollower
    TheSheepFollower Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I don't know how much I gained. I didn't weight myself yet! So that's why I asked!
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I don't know how much I gained. I didn't weight myself yet! So that's why I asked!

How are we supposed to know if you don't know?

If you gained 1 lb and eat at a 500 calorie deficit every day, it would take about a week to lose the extra weight.
    If you gained 10 lbs and eat at a 500 calorie deficit every day, it would take about 10 weeks to lose the extra weight.

How long it takes to come off depends on how much you put on and how big a calorie deficit you create through your eating.

Step one is to weigh yourself and face the reality of what your overeating has done to you. The way you are phrasing your question suggests that you don't want to do this. But, you need to take responsibility for your actions and face the truth. There's no way around that.

Edited: stupid spelling
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

Perhaps you should go to the state fair and have a carny guess your weight?

carny_rolls_with_thepunches.jpeg
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options

Perhaps you should go to the state fair and have a carny guess your weight?

carny_rolls_with_thepunches.jpeg

hehehehe. carnies.
  • bidimus
    bidimus Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    If you're only going to weigh yourself on "good days" then you're missing the point. Weigh yourself regardless of circumstances. If you have a "bad day", I bet that weight will drop off real quick in the following weeks.
  • stacyjh1979
    stacyjh1979 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Ditto!!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I ment excess food weight! Sorry if you misunderstood that.

Ohhh ok. Just hit the tare/zero button, then weigh.

lol, i have a friend just like you! she makes me laugh.
  • Raclex
    Raclex Posts: 238
    Options
    I cannot tell whether I'm very stupid or very smart for not understand this question.

^^This and Wut?
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    i feel confused, but imo stop thinking !

in the morning, get up go to the toilet as you normally would and then weigh your self <<<<THIS IS YOUR WEIGHT

put it in to mfp and start your new eating habits.

then in a weeks time do the same and what ever the scales say is your (new) weight and again put it in to mfp

it is that simple, you dont need to wait for any food to leave your body??? the extra weight you have is because you ate too much and its now fat that needs burning off
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    What the heck did I just read in this thread...