Options
VanessaVegana
VanessaVegana Posts: 36 Member
Any recipes are greatly appreciated :)

Replies

• BootCampLola
    BootCampLola Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I like keeping my food clean and simple... Fresh raw spinach and strawberry salad with almonds and a tsp honey. Lentil and mixed veg curry. Wholewheat pasta with avo and a homemade tomato base. And then you can obviously put almost anything in a weigh-less wrap! My personal favorite treat is haloumi and lettuce.
  • TannaBanana27
    TannaBanana27 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just tried this one today and LOVED it!

PROS:
    *because it is a lasagna noodle rolled up, portion control is super easy
    * you can add/subtract any veggies YOU want in there as long as they are small (I added mushrooms, spinach, shredded carrot and onions to mine in addition to all the zucchini)
    * left overs are a breeze---it also freezes well
    * it is easy to make half the pan with meat for the other members of my family who want a more traditional dish!

Here is the link... http://www.skinnytaste.com/2014/07/three-cheese-zucchini-stuffed-lasagna.html
  • becauseofholly
    becauseofholly Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My go-to is stuffed peppers.

Bell peppers (boiled until just starting to soften, still has some crunch, one is usually enough for me, split in half top to bottom)
    Rice (any kind you prefer. I usually stick with uncle bens long grain wild rice - not the fast cook version)
    veggies (sweet corn or any small veggie that'll fit in the half)
    black beans (for some protein)
    Optional: cheese (to sprinkle on top)

mix the rice, veggies & beans together, fill halves, top with cheese, eat.

You can also check this out: http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipe/
  • Natasha_Fit_Fab
    Natasha_Fit_Fab Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    -I experimented w/ the Lasagna Rolls over the wkend...true great portion control.

- CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE
    1 cup of Veggie Broth
    1 Head of Cauliflower cut in in bite "macaroni" size pieces
    1 cup of reduce fat cheese/ or cheese of your choice
    seasonings of your choice
    (Bring Veggie Broth to a boil, put in cut up cauliflower...simmer down...add seasonings...add cup of cheese...let melt)

-ROASTED LEMON PARMESAN BRUSSEL SPROUTS
    (Pan roast sprouts in a little olive oil...squeeze fresh lemon juice over sprouts...add seasonings...add parmesan cheese)

These are a few, hope this helps!!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I use the Moosewood cookbooks, The Vegetarian Times website, and The Joy of Vegetarian Cooking.....
  • mirki002
    mirki002 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I love these sweet potato veggie burgers. Can be made the day before or made and frozen until you want to cook them. I bake them rather than frying. I also skip the olive oil on the bun but keep the avocado and mustard. Yum!
    http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com/2012/02/easy-sweet-potato-veggie-burgers-with.html?m=1
  • qmmanager69
    qmmanager69 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    brown rice (cooked in veggie broth), black beans and green chiles.
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Wells vegetarian thanksgiving is awesome!
    Skinnytaste has some good vegetarian recipes, although it also has many meat dishes.
    I love googling "vegetarian recipes" or "vegetarian crockpot"
    Chili in the crock pot is great.
  • Smatiak
    Smatiak Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    1 Pkg Plain Couscous Cooked (great for filling you up with just a small amount!)
    2 Cucumbers- diced
    1 Red Onion- finely chopped
    No-Fat Feta Cheese (don't use the pre-crumbled, crumble yourself. Tastes 100% better)
    Pitted Kalamata Olives
    +I add a half of a limes juice.

Combine all and refrigerate for 2 hours to let flavors marinate.