What's on your "No" list?

Replies

• lh1985
    lh1985 Posts: 1
    non-diet soft drinks are off limits in my book - i never understood the point of consuming liquid calories when there are great alternatives (coke 0 is better than regular, in my opinion!)
  • rgdelacruz43
    rgdelacruz43 Posts: 35 Member
    Come to think of it, I haven't eaten anything fried since I started MFP. I guess those are definitely banned on my list :glasses:
  • maria_antoinette
    maria_antoinette Posts: 239 Member
    NO LIST for the past 20 years..
    =============================
    SODA * back like 20 years ago.. have never looked back... IF i need something bubbly i have sparkling water with lime...
    SNICKERS *.. i eat dark chocolate now
    OREOS * LOVE THIS.. if i dont buy it , i wont eat it
    CHIPS *LOVE THIS... i just cut it out 4 months ago.. its too addicting..
    SUGAR *no way
    FAKE SUGAR *worse.. never
    PIZZA * I will eat this maybe 3 times a year .. considering giving it up .. it makes my stomach hurt.
    ENTEMANNS POUND CAKE * my favorite.. i wont eat it, if i dont buy it.. so i just dont bring it home anymore because i cant stop myself if i see it.. its soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo delicious..
    ALCOHOL * i still do this once a month and it never works out.. considering igiving it up..
    BROWNIES * gave that up years ago
    COOKIE DOUGH * gave that up years ago
    MILK AND YOUGURT * because of intolerance had to give it up.

I only really eat whole foods and that satisfies every craving...

For sugar cravings i have berries and heavy cream
  • DarylLouis
    DarylLouis Posts: 136 Member
    Beastiality
  • Carb heavy foods, I have hypothyroidism and get bloated really easily (like, rings can't fit into my fingers anymore), if I eat a normal plate of pasta I get so bloated, which is a pity since I usually don't get bloated with sweets, just with carb dense foods like pasta or lasagna or bread, and I have no sweet cravings like, at all ;_;

edit: oh and fried foods, I bought an AirFryer to avoid using any oils while cooking, I never ate deep fried foods again because it's nearly impossible to estimate how many calories will be added
  • 89Madeline
    89Madeline Posts: 205 Member
    In general I'll eat it all, just in moderation. However, I do avoid muffins, donuts, pastries (once I found out how much calories are in those and they don't fill me up at all), heavy desserts like ben&jerry's ice cream, pudding (i opt for fresh fruit as dessert, perhaps with some dark chocolate), soft drinks (but that's mainly because I deal with IBS and it just makes it so much worse). Oh, and not too much pork... but that's a personal preference I think.

Other things I look out for but don't cut out of my diet: alcohol (I'll have beers once a week I guess), chocolate/candybars, fatty food o like peanut butter, salami and bacon, etc.

But like most people said, I eat it if I want to. Just in moderation.

For example: I love Toblerone chocolate bars. Instead of eating the whole thing, I eat 1/3 or 1/2, together with 100 grams of blueberries :)
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    I don't think I have banned anything? I no longer buy ice cream since having fillings, my teeth are a bit sensitive to cold so it's just not worth the calories any more. When we feel like baking, we make cupcakes instead of whole cakes to keep the portion size easy to calculate/consistent.... that's probably about it.

We never really had a house full of junk food anyway, I got obese because I increased portion sizes when I moved to the USA and I overeat when I'm emotional, so that's what I focus on changing instead of elminating foods.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    nothing. I eat what I want. I have learned to stop buying the jars of peanut butter only because I cant be trusted so I now buy single serve ones.
  • BrokenBelles
    BrokenBelles Posts: 19 Member
    Cereal. I always eat way too much of it, at weird times, and the more I eat the more I want. Maybe some day I'll have it again, but since I've started trying to eat better it seems like I can always find a better choice than cereal.
  • maninthewild
    maninthewild Posts: 2 Member
    MFP lets me lose weight the way I've always known would work for me, only better. I've always known if I knew what to eat, I'd be able to stick to a diet. I think mostly scanning with the app really helps make MFP easy to use and control what I eat. What makes it better is it helps me understand what foods work for me and how much I can have and I don't find myself looking for something else to eat. That, and I don't really need a no list since the app keeps me in line.

That said, I did cut out Coke because I was drinking way too much and it made a big difference. I'm able to enjoy water again. I also cut down on breads, fried foods, and sauces at restaurants and they make a big difference. Hmm... I guess things like chipotle sauce, mayonnaise, barbecue sauce, etc would be my no list-I've intentionally had a couple Cokes, but these just add calories way too quickly for me and just putting a mustard on tastes just as good to me now.
  • The only things on my 'no' list are things the old me used to think I should eat when dieting, that I wouldn't enjoy and would force myself to eat. Things like plain couscous, boiled broccoli. Bland boring foods that pre-IIFYM I'd force myself to eat because I was 'on a diet' and they were foods that were 'good'. Now I have banned boring foods. I only eat foods I enjoy and love.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Aside from the things I don't eat because I don't like, the only item on my No list is "No lists".
  • rainrain83
    rainrain83 Posts: 82 Member
    pizza because i have a second job at an italian restaurant and i can take a pizza home with me
    every shift. that could be 3 pizzas a week and they are delicous i have tried freezing them
    when i get home but they never make it as i scoff it too quickly
  • chickwithpencil
    chickwithpencil Posts: 26 Member
    Beef, eggs, dairy and certain cheeses - I'm both sensitive and lactose-intolerant, so avoiding them is quite easy unless I want to spend the day in the bathroom. ;) I also have to avoid MSG and artificial sweeteners, and be very careful with foods high in glutamate because they trigger my seizures and cause me headaches if I overdo it. Beyond that, I don't restrict anything. I'd be miserable if I tried.
  • I have completely given up bread, apart from the very occasional pitta which I use as a base for mini pizzas when I really need a pizza fix. But no sandwiches, rolls, toast, garlic bread or anything like that at all. I have also completely given up booze - used to drink wine like a fish - but now I don't touch it.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    I've cut out added sugar (either replaced with stevia or just cut out completely, though recently I've also started having brown sugar) and I've seriously cut back on how much juice/iced tea and soda, candy and chocolate I have. Basically, the main sugar culprits for me. I was much more strict with myself in the beginning, but by now I've basically lost the taste for sugar anyway so it's not that I restrict completely I just don't really want it as much anymore.

Similarly, I had also cut off fried foods, though by now I just find I don't care for it as much. I'm at the point where it sounds better in theory- I might feel a craving for something fried, but by the time I get my hands on it and feel the oiliness... I'm usually turned off pretty quickly.

Otherwise nothing's really "off limits".
  • I absolutely do not eat any meat. And I do not drink cow's milk. And no mayonnaise. And no biscuits. And no potatoes. And no chips. And no cereal unless its weetbix with water. And no rice. And no pasta. And no butter. I try and limit bread and yogurt and cheese.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    I have started and stopped MFP a few times over the years but this time when I started again I made the commitment to NOT vilifying any food, and to finding ways to eat what I love - nothing off limits. I also said I would categorically NOT prepare separate meals for myself and the rest of my family - if I couldn't make a recipe fit my goals (or alter it to fit) then I wouldn't make it. It's required some creativity sometimes, but it's so worth it to me.

Now, with that said, I have sort of unintentionally cut out most bread items, because although I am a proponent of "everything in moderation," I have found over time that there are dozens of things I'd rather spend my calories on than bread.
  • skaboom163
    skaboom163 Posts: 93 Member
    honestly, nothing. I generally abide by "grilled' "fresh" "unsalted' most of the time but when I want a piece of chocolate, I have it, when I want a steak, I have it. Just fit it in your daily calories. You can't deprive yourself or you wont stick to being healthy for very long because you will be just miserable.
  • scthomas100
    scthomas100 Posts: 31 Member
    The only thing I limit is most fried foods, but that's just because I get terrible stomach pains after eating those (especially fried chicken). Otherwise anything is game as long as it fits.