How do you survive the weekend?

Options
I find myself wanting to eat everything in site on the weekends. I do so well during the week when I am in a routine but as soon as the weekend comes around in feel like I lose control. How do you stay on track over the weekend? And how do you get over a hump and back on track without feeling guilty and beating yourself up?

Thanks,

Amberlin

SW: 206
CW: 175
GW:150 or lower

Replies

• bizybeemom
    bizybeemom Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I try to really stick to my journal and I plan ahead. If we are going out to eat, I find out where and make sure I decide what I am going to eat ahead of time. Planning ahead is my key to keeping on track on a weekend.
  • kac7700
    kac7700 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty active, so the weekends is when I make up for everything I missed during the week. I get more exercise then I probably should then! I actually have a harder time during the week, because the minute I walk into my office I feel like being on "constant feed" but at home I have to make time to eat! Makes me realize it's all psychological.

At work I always try to remember: HALT...and I Hungry? Angry? Lonely? Tired? It's usually Angry! LOL Then, if I'm truly hungry, I eat. If it's any of the others, I get a cup of coffee and get over it.
  • sweetsexy43
    sweetsexy43 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Weekends have always been my weakest time..but since ive committed to doing this..i changed my mindset. I have snacks in the house and drink alot of water. I either read, or leave the house. I noticed when im stationary i have a tendency to want to eat something when im not even hungry. So, i do things that will distract me. Good Luck
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    dont let a word like weekend stop your healthy eating! its the end of the "week" not your journey. train your brain to keep on doing everything the same.
  • TheDaniProject
    Options
    the weekends are a tough cookie girl.
    its when you have time to go out with your friends or husband or family and its always about eating somewhere lol
    then theres those pesky birthday partys lol

i distract myself i clean i re arrange stuff plus i have my twins i have to take care of so theres always something to do. as far as when i go out to eat what i do is eat half and take the other half home and most of the time i dont even eat the leftovers ....
    and no matter what always always work out =D
  • bdavis1
    bdavis1 Posts: 13
    Options
    I make sure I have something to do with my hands at the times I am normally eating.
  • Amberlin
    Amberlin Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It was a rough couple days but I am determined to get back on track today. My son has swimming lessons, so my husband will take him to that and I will squeeze in a run!
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Get Busy!! Walk, run, bike ride - just exercise in some way! If you eat more, exercise more and counteract it.

My Friday nights are usually the worst - usually means I don't fancy binging the rest of the weekend, lol. I always know it'll be bad so I 'earn' my night by exercising hard Thurs/ Fri. I know I won't feel like it on Saturday!
  • Texsox
    Texsox Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Well, yesterday I was 1,600 calories over :-( I volunteered at an event and the "pay" was pizza. being a Chicago native, I believe it is my sworn duty and heritage to over consume pizza. Then of course I came home and had dinner with my gf because it would be terrible of me to allow her to dine alone.
  • Amberlin
    Amberlin Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Well here we are another start to the weekend and we had pizza for dinner. Instead of having 3 pieces, which would have kept me with in my calorie goal, I had 5! I ate so much more than necessary and now feel sick. How am I going to make it through this weekend?! I has such a good week and get so down when I start to screw it up, then it all snowballs. Sigh.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I just treat them like any other day. I have the same number of calories to use on the weekends as I do during the week so I just map everything out like I do on weekdays. Since I wake up later on the weekend then I do weekdays I actually usually treat myself to a slightly larger breakfast since my lunch is then also later but dinner is pretty much the same time. I take the calories from the second snack I'd normally be having between lunch and dinner and reallocate it into my breakfast.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I just treat them like any other day. I have the same number of calories to use on the weekends as I do during the week so I just map everything out like I do on weekdays. Since I wake up later on the weekend then I do weekdays I actually usually treat myself to a slightly larger breakfast since my lunch is then also later but dinner is pretty much the same time. I take the calories from the second snack I'd normally be having between lunch and dinner and reallocate it into my breakfast.