Ladies only. Need input

Options
Am I the only one who gets frustrated that I'm losing weight, stomach looking smaller and feeling great about it and then boom! Pms. I get super bloated and looks like I didn't lose an inch. Plus I gain 5 lbs. I'm super short so it lookss 3x worse on me than girls that are normal height. Then I just feel defeated and horrible. It lasts 7-10 days of me being this way.

Replies

• lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I've pretty much given up on having good weigh ins during PMS week and the week of. I try not to stress out too much about it. It is what it is! :-)
  • tr3kkie9rl
    tr3kkie9rl Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I totally understand. During that TOM, my self control goes out the window and I want to eat everything in sight, which makes it that much worse. Just focus on how your boobs look a bit fuller and forget about the rest that week ;)
  • cookieinbk82
    cookieinbk82 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. My appetite and my water weight goes up.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    It's going to keep happening monthly until you go through menopause or change to a different birth control drug. You can either learn to accept it and work around it or get frustrated every 28 days. No other option unfortunately.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    It's going to be different for everyone. I don't have many side effects that week to make me think my progress is derailed.
  • htrombleyl
    htrombleyl Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. Between bloating and the edema I can be 10 lbs heavier by the end of the day. Just realize that your truly not 5lbs heavier it is just water. My guess from your picture that no one but you looks at you that way. Take another look you have a lot going for you. ( Now if I could just apply that logic to myself) :)
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    If you do a search for "ladies only" you'll find about a bazillion other people who feel the same way.
  • rosetyler67
    Options
    Whenever my period starts, I don't weigh myself until at least three days after. Your body is meant to bloat, it's just what happens, so I try not to stress over it too much.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    According to MFP lore, there are thousands of ladies who feel the same way and are baffled by this occurance.
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I don't even go near the scale for that week, it's horrible, and wearing form fitted clothes is not happening with me, it gets me to depressed.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    It's going to be different for everyone. I don't have many side effects that week to make me think my progress is derailed.
    2nd, I only can sometimes get cramping but I usually weigh in a bit lighter during my period. Unless I'm quite dehydrated, I don't really retain anything, period or not.
  • Archerychickge
    Archerychickge Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    PMS is a *****. But you can combat it. Drink LOTS of fluids to help flush out the bloat. cut WAY back on sodium a week before. And eat lots of fiber. It has helped me with my monthly bloating.
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    This thread title is false. Some men need input too.
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options

I have to agree with her. I even lost weight during mine. Sorry
  • Cindyloo01
    Cindyloo01 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Drink lots more water. It helps.
  • kimdyj
    kimdyj Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I am super short too so I def know how you feel, I gained about 5-8 pounds during this week so I don't usually weigh myself until 3-4 days afterward. Even my nutritionist knows when I'm on my cycle when i go in for my weigh ins and she takes my measurements.
  • tamara3226
    Options
    Yes, Yes, and Yes. This is very frustrating especially at the early start of the journey. I had a lovely 4 pound weight loss my first week and BAM.... that time of the month is coming and there goes my 4 pound victory.....

I try and remember it's the long term that matters....... Oh but how frustrating it is.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    it happens every month.. for years.
    why is it frustrating?

you go back to being you when you're done- a few days later.

I get frustrated because I turning into a raging uncontrollable bit*h.. .but it has nothing to do with cravings or weigh ins.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Yes, you're the only one.

Just kidding. But really, it happens every month. Just like you get bills every month, you prepare for it, get through it, and move on. Seriously, it's been happening since you were a teen.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I'm on seasonque- 1 period for 1 pill back- that's 3 months long.

AMhamazing.

love it. best thing ever. I'm too chicken to take a shot- b/c I hear people can react badly- but once you take it-there isn't anything you can do about it- least with the pills I can manipulate as needed.

But yeah- skipping periods- amazing.