Most Perfect Fruit?

Options
I've heard so many myths about the "perfect fruit" being the banana. But recently i heard that the blueberry was up there. Does it really matter what fruit you eat as long as it is fruit? I love apples, grapes, strawberries and sometimes bananas. I'm always looking for great tips. I have an extreme sweet tooth. I try to substitute fruit when i'm craving something sweet. any ideas??

Replies

• Simonscat
    Simonscat Posts: 249
    Options
    Blueberries are power foods!
    They are amazing :)
    Much better than the banana!
  • Nataliethin81
    Options
    Berries! Strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries. Full of antioxidants!
  • LisaGamerGirl
    Options
    there is no "do all, cure all" fruit. the key is to have a variety with different vitamins and minerals :)
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you're looking for. Pomegranate and blueberry are full of antioxidants. Bananas have lots of potassium. Oranges are high in fiber.... All fruit is great, as long as you mind your portions.
  • kac7700
    kac7700 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit of a believer in the banana. Only because it has slow releasing carbs that carry you though a longer, intense session. They're also a great recovery food, which is why they are always at the food table after a race. I guess it depends on your goals. Berries are wonderful for their antioxidant properties, and should be included in a well rounded diet. But for lasting energy, I believe bananas are the way to go.
  • Larry7995
    Options
    I buy bags of frozen berries and throw some of them in the blender with unflavored protein and a banana and some ice cubes and a little water for a healthy high-protein smoothie
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I'm a firm believer in buying what's in season. It's good for you and good for the planet.
  • jessieinblue
    jessieinblue Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm a firm believer in buying what's in season. It's good for you and good for the planet.

I believe this too, but I love blueberries so much that I just can't help buying them year-round. :( They are *my* perfect fruit, at least.
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I believe this too, but I love blueberries so much that I just can't help buying them year-round. :( They are *my* perfect fruit, at least.

This doesn't mean I don't splurge every now and then, but I guess I'm in the category that fruit is awesome for you. Some might be better for other things, but healthy is healthy.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I'm a firm believer in buying what's on sale. lol

Honestly though, I pretty much love all fruit, so I just buy whatever's on sale and looks/feels/smells ripe and beautiful. In a way it's an easy way to keep it all on rotation and lots of variety all the time. :D

I'd say the only thing I'll buy consistently are apples, simply because I love apples in ridiculous ways.
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    uhhh Avocados. So nutritious and versatile.
    Plus tasty.

mmm.