Hair

Options
2»

Replies

• xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    ... I wear a swimming cap but my hair still gets slightly wet and I prefer to wash it after working out as it feels wet, sweaty and generally icky! ...

Interesting fact: Swim caps aren't supposed to keep your hair dry; they're just supposed to keep it out of your face while swimming. In fact, your hair is supposed to be wet when you put the cap on.

As a long-haired guy whose hair is soaked from my daily workout, I just wash it every other day, and always after swimming (which isn't that often). Dried chlorine hair is too messy not to wash it.
  • tangibleskink34
    tangibleskink34 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My hair is really thick! So I feel your pain. I braid mine or french braid it if I'm going to bed, or swimming or anytime it could get tangeled. Try and get a nice leave in conditioner it helps a ton. You could also try hot oil treatments on your hair because it softens it a lot!
  • Anahita_Swims
    Anahita_Swims Posts: 4,127 Member
    Options
    god you all make me feel really lazy

managing my long hair

I buy expensive shampoo stupid i know but i think it helps keep the contindion of it good i swim 4 times a week

at the weekend i double shampoo and use a hair mask on my ends...

but other than that i wash it every other day i braid my hair to swim and low ponytail it to bed i dont brush it every day quiet often i just run my fingers through it and bounch it up in a knot on my head.

I dont wash it after swimming i usually undo the braid i put it in and then sling its up in a bun and take it down in a low pony tail before bed wash it out in the morning i

ill use redken anti snap stuff post washing usually run a brush though my hair after ive washed it thats about it :o

i dont blow dry my hair a lot that helps keep it healthy and if i dont swim i can go 3/4 days with out washing it ... maybe sounds gross but its doesn't look bad and the hairdress is always envious of how healthy my hair is despite dying it :)

I dont wear a swim cap i think it would be hard to get all my hair in one
  • bluntlysally
    bluntlysally Posts: 150 Member
    Options
  • possumfox
    Options
    A good trick I've found is to use an alligator clip to pull my hair back, rather than putting it in a ponytail, while working out. It stays in place well, but is a little looser allowing my hair and scalp to breathe and dry faster.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I just get it wet and then wash it. by the time I get in my walk and swim then work I have at least two showers per day