Options
getfitwjennifer
getfitwjennifer Posts: 8 Member
6 eggs
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1 package fresh mushrooms
shredded cheese
sausage (or any breakfast meat of your choice-optional)
You can really get creative with the veggies too.

Chop all veggies then lightly saute, set aside. Bulk fry the sausage, drain the place on paper towel to get rid of most of the grease. I broke the eggs into a cup one at a time, beat them up and poured into the muffing pan. This way they were all equal. Add veggies mix, meat and cheese. Careful not to overflow. I baked these at 350 for 15 minutes - then browned slightly on the top. Let cool, store.

They only take a minute warm in the microwave. you can even put a little more cheese on them, or to change things up break them up on wrap them in a low carb tortilla.

Replies

• Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Sounds tasty. Dumb question time... do you use liners or just spray the muffin pan really well?
  • Mary8812443132
    Options
    If you want to learn more about recipes with egg for breakfast please visit this goody social network

Linke: http://foodeaser.com/en/recipes/?s=egg+breakfast
  • TatianaSoe
    TatianaSoe Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    This would be perfect to put in muffin liners and include in my lunch box. Thanks!
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I believe you just made yourself a frittata.
  • Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I believe you just made yourself a frittata.
    Not just a frittata my friend... this is a frittataffin. Frittatas are flat and boring. Frittataffins are small personal size, easily transportable, and best of all customizable. I can make 12 completely different frittataffins in one pan, I probably won't but I can. Like to see a regular old frittata do that.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Bump for yumminess
  • Kotuliak
    Kotuliak Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Bump for yumminess
    Yumminess - that sounds good!
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I make a similar breakfast muffin. I was lucky enough to find a silicone 12 muffin pan. No greasing needed, they just pop out when cooked and it is really easy to clean. You do need to stand it on a cookie sheet before filling, and to put it in the oven as it is a bit floppy.
  • 115s
    115s Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    All that effort for eggs?
    I'll be over here boiling lol. Those peppers do sound delicious, though.
  • Jemellc
    Jemellc Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    This would be perfect to put in muffin liners and include in my lunch box. Thanks!

Yes I love that idea!
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I use bacon the in place of the liners.
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    YUM
  • RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Sounds tasty. Dumb question time... do you use liners or just spray the muffin pan really well?
    Use liners for faster cleanup and no chemicals…pam sprays have chemicals in it and should be avoided, my vote is use liners

If you don't have bacon or don't eat bacon that much haha(i just saw that lawls)
  • getfitwjennifer
    getfitwjennifer Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Use liners for this sorry just saw your question hun
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    yummy