What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• bstoudt369
    bstoudt369 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My friend posted a picture of me in my bathing suit on Facebook and I wasn't totally horrified!
  • ryblueeyes
    ryblueeyes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I ran 12 miles this weekend.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to be able to look in the mirror without instantly focusing on what I still want to change. I think it's from starting up exercising again. It's easier to forgive my body a little extra squish after it carries me through a good workout. It might not look perfect, but it can DO stuff!
  • StrongHealthyPowerful
    Options
    New personal best 5k time on the treadmill this morning: 27:47! Whooo hooo!
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    The dress that I'm wearing today buttons over my chest with room to spare. I used to have to wear a cami under it and leave the top part unbuttoned.
  • fitby44
    fitby44 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Today I went biking with my 2 teenagers. They are both athletes, yet I had to slow down so they could keep up! Score:drinker:

Love this! I went bike riding with my son and the same thing happened. He had previously told me that he wouldn't go too fast and embarrass me.
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Today I went biking with my 2 teenagers. They are both athletes, yet I had to slow down so they could keep up! Score:drinker:

Love this! I went bike riding with my son and the same thing happened. He had previously told me that he wouldn't go too fast and embarrass me.

Love it!!
  • healthyfoxx
    healthyfoxx Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I ran for 20 minutes straight today for the first time in years!! I'm re-doing Couch 2 5k, and this is the THIRD time I have attempted the first 20 min straight run. It was slow, but considering I was tired, had a stick for the last 1/2, and REALLY didn't want to set foot out that door, I'm satisfied with my results.
  • mollybuck
    mollybuck Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    This is crazy. I went to change my pants the other day and slipped them down very easily to the floor. I then realized that I had neglected to not only unbutton my jeans, but they were also fully zipped up. I guess now is the time to buy new clothes- or risk losing them by simply walking out of them!
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Yesterday evening, on a hot and humid night, I went out and ran 5 km in exactly 30 minutes. That had been my goal since I introduced jogging into my fitness plan. My first 5km took me 40mins and my previous best was 31:08

Now to break that mark and challenge myself to get faster and improve my cardio.

This afternoon, I did a 5km in the rain in 29min and 20 seconds. My first sub 30 min 5km in over a decade.
  • healthyfoxx
    healthyfoxx Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Yesterday evening, on a hot and humid night, I went out and ran 5 km in exactly 30 minutes. That had been my goal since I introduced jogging into my fitness plan. My first 5km took me 40mins and my previous best was 31:08

Now to break that mark and challenge myself to get faster and improve my cardio.

This afternoon, I did a 5km in the rain in 29min and 20 seconds. My first sub 30 min 5km in over a decade.

Yowza! You both are rockin' it! I hope to be like you both in the future!!
  • He1loKitty
    He1loKitty Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I (like many people, I would assume) have clothes that do not fit me yet. However, there was one particular shirt that I couldn't wait to wear...not because it was a favorite, or particularly pretty, or I used to be able to wear it. Nope. This shirt had a different meaning. I need to lose about 100 pounds total. I have now lost 36. Well, about 16 pounds ago, I went to the store and bought a few items. I was in a pretty good mood since I had lost about 20 pounds and clothes shopping was slightly more pleasant. The woman behind the counter (older, slender, maybe her 60's or 70's) looked at my items, picked up this particular shirt (which I knew was too small but was an incentive shirt) and the following conversation ensued:

Saleswoman: "Is this for you?"

Me: (thinking she is asking because she thinks it is pretty or interesting or even a good buy) "Yes" (smiles)

Her (in scoffing tone while looking up and down my body): Did you try it on?

Me: <blink blink> shocked silence

Her: There's a dressing room over there (points)

Me (slightly recovered but now fighting lump in throat and hoping to speak without crying)... I'm all set. Thank you.

Her: okay (shaking head)

I paid for the shirt, went out to the car feeling like a whale, good mood from having lost 20 pounds completely gone.

Well.. I wore that shirt a couple of days ago and IT FIT. It fit correctly (not snug at all). Total NSV. (still think the woman needs a filter when speaking though).

Terrible!! What's up with *****y older saleswomen? I'm glad you bought the shirt despite her nastiness and even happier that it fits you now! I smell a Pretty Woman type scene where you return to the store in that top and show her what's what!
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Still not fitting into my pre-pregnancy clothes, but this week's NSV for me was going for a whole week without going over my calories! I lost confidence a couple of times so have been yo-yoing (and buffet-ing), but this week has proven to me that I can do it and it feels good to do it!

Also, when I first started running I struggled to do a 12 minute mile, but the other day I did it in 10:30 :) I'm not going for speed, but my ultimate goal is to run for 20-30 minutes without dying, and I'd like to run 3 miles in that time. I'm starting to have confidence that I can get there, if I keep this up!
  • fitby44
    fitby44 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Had to go out and purchase a new bike since the brakes and gears on my $125 kijiji special were no longer any good. I hadn't cycled in two days and felt like I was in withdrawal. If cycling is my addiction, it sure beats sugar. :happy: And I love the new bike.
  • shanlivestrong
    shanlivestrong Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I ran for 5 minutes straight without stopping last week! It made me so proud. It was a slow pace of 4.0 and I barely got to .4 miles but I'm still proud of myself. I just kept going! Normally, I'm exhausted after a minute no matter how fast I'm going. I'm just glad I'm progressing.
  • trisherbie
    trisherbie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Biking 19.47 miles last Wednesday :-) This Sunday hope to make it ~22 miles!!
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I was picking up my T-shirt before an organized bike ride on Saturday morning, and I had ordered a size Medium (itself already a victory, since I was wearing L or XL two years ago). The woman handing them out looked at me and said, "They run large, so if you decide you want a Small, you can exchange it after the ride."
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!