Hello! Newbie with over 100lbs to lose!

Options
Hi peeps!

I'm Claire and when I started my weight loss journey last Monday I weighed 21st 9lbs...
I've got a lot of weight to lose and this is the year I'm going to do it!

Been following the slim fast plan and did a cheeky weigh in this morning and I've lost 12lbs! I'm really proud of myself and hope that it continues - though I realise I probably won't lose nearly as much next week!

Would be nice to be able to chat to some people in the same boat as me so feel free to get in touch?

Hope everyone has a good weekend xx

Replies

• trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    WELL DONE on the 12lbs,and hi,,,
    it sounds alot what you have to loose but if you cut it up into little goals it is VERY doable,do goals of 7/14 lbs at the start and as you get into a routine make bigger ones,that is what i found best i lost 8 stone last yr and have another 5 to go so good luck and dont for get ROUTINE ad EXERSICE!!!
    good luck t
  • Jaypea15
    Jaypea15 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey Chillieflea. Great name BTW.... I had 84lbs to lose, on 1st January this year, and have lost nearly 12lbs in 22 days which I am proud of. It has been so good on this site as people are so friendly and motivational. I have also linked my weight loss to my Facebook account so everyones eyes are watching what I am doing, and there to cheer me on or give advice if I dont understand anything. Feel free to add me if you want too. Good luck and have a good weekend yourself. J:flowerforyou:
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    thanks both for the kind words!

I hadn't realised mfp had a forum until today so I'm glad i've found you!

How do you add people as friends? Does this mean we can see each others posts on the app too??
  • VP72
    VP72 Posts: 89
    Options
    Hi Claire!

I'm on my 2nd week & lost 5lbs on my 1st week. Have 75lbs to lose in total. I managed to get down to 9st 3lbs in 2006 by doing Cambridge, but unfortunately was stupid & slowly put the weight back on & loads more! Got up to 16st 10lbs!!!

My first week I did the Cabbage Soup Diet & am now calorie counting & sticking to 1200cal, making sure I have plenty of fruit & veg. My only problem is trying to drink water! I know that is the key....but with the cold weather just struggle drinkin any!!!!

As long as you stick to your SlimFast you won't have any problems - but remember occasionally to have a treat, otherwise you may find yourself getting off track.

Add me as a friend if you would like.

Good Luck!

:smile:
  • VP72
    VP72 Posts: 89
    Options
    If you click on the person it comes up with their profile & there is a add friend button!
    I'm new on here too so not sure what you can see of the other persons posts etc.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    if you click there names it will go into there "personalish" data and add a friend is in there :)
  • darden36
    darden36 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi claire im monica I have over 100lbs to loose I just started yesterday looking forward to a new me
  • funnythunder
    Options
    Hi Claire!

Welcome to MFP. I have over 100lbs to lose too so we can keep each other motivated! I've sent a Friend Request

Lxx
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    wow! you guys are great! never expected this site to be as good!! yay to all of us!! xx
  • CCJ13
    CCJ13 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here too. This is my first week on the site. I had lost 30lbs but was kind of stuck there. I lost 5lbs this week since I joined. Love it here. I'll send you a friend request.
  • Jennifer2311
    Options
    Hi Claire, wow well done on your 12lb loss! Thats great motivation!