7lbs in 7 days STARTS TODAY!

Options
2»

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    so 9 days until "WHY DID I GAIN THIS BACK ALREADY!?" posts from OP?

I'm in.
  • DenisePacey
    DenisePacey Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would like to say good luck, (and I am not being sarcastic) if you can be disciplined enough to do it then go for it. I followed the Cambridge Diet for three months and had nothing but shakes and soups, I lost three stone and then went back to eating normally, my weight stayed off perfectly well for 5 years or so, the only reason I have put a stone back on is because I quit excercise and changed jobs - I now work in a developed kitchen where we develop cake! and I eat too much. For me personally I find these kind of diets work well as I know I am having three shakes a day or soups or bars. The only thing I would say is doing it short term generally is just water loss, but dont be put off, well done on your weight loss to date :)
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    It won't all be fat. It will mostly be water and some muscle (which is really hard to build).
  • WithWhatsLeft
    WithWhatsLeft Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    yeahhhh.......

no.
  • Naughty_ZOOT
    Naughty_ZOOT Posts: 4,314 Member
    Options
    Juice fasting can significantly spike blood glucose and insulin levels. Think of insulin as the Little Engine that Could and it shunts fat into storage when elevated. The juice or any other type of fasting works through ketosis and there are better ways to accomplish that.
  • stephgas
    stephgas Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I would love to juice to go along with my regular calorie counting eating but I don't have a juicer.

i used to juice to help get nutrients from fruit because i don't eat fruit. i hate all fruit except apples and some melon, so juicing has been a great way for me to get antioxidants and other good-for-me stuff from things i won't eat like berries or whatever. i did not need the extra fiber in my diet, so juicing was a fun way to 'eat' more fruit. if you are really interested in juicing, check local thrift shops for second hand juicers.

however, i would never do a juice fast to try and lose weight because i think it's pointless and harmful to my body. doing any kind of fast can be dangerous imho, unless under the supervision of a doctor. op will certainly lose some weight while fasting, but like others say, will most likely gain all of it back quickly.
  • UmmHayatAbdullah
    Options
    WOW
    some quite rude responses!!!!

It wasnt a 'mental' feeling and no I did this to kick start my weight loss, and NO the weight didnt come back on

In fact its been 7 months now!
    Juicing fruit n veg for a week is not DEPRIVING yourself, its only a week !

GOSH!!
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    That doesn't make it any less of a horrible idea or less of an unhealthy way to lose water weight.
  • hermitic
    Options
    Yes, I've done this and water fasting. Very effective and actually very good for the body
  • UmmHayatAbdullah
    Options
    Even if you dont agree theres no need to lose manners..
  • trogalicious
    Options
    Even if you dont agree theres no need to lose manners..
    sorry we don't support silliness.

you're still perfectly free to do whatever you think is best, but putting it out there doesn't mean people are going to agree to this silliness just because you think it's a fantastic idea.
  • UmmHayatAbdullah
    Options
    Theres constructive criticism and theres plain rudeness

Anyway
    Il leave it at that.

First time I posted, people could have given other ideas rather than just be sarcastic

Wont be posting again!
  • trogalicious
    Options

Anyway
    Il leave it at that.

First time I posted, people could have given other ideas rather than just be sarcastic

Wont be posting again!

well, that's your choice.
    There's plenty of great information on these forums. I'm sorry your "I'm gonna do something dumb then get butthurt when other people call me out on it" post didn't fall into that category.

It's not that great of an idea, but if you're butthurt enough to not stay because of it, that's your choice.

So bye I guess.

If you're really looking for other ideas, why not just use MFP as designed... figure out how much you need to eat in order to lose weight and do that instead of some stupid juice fast.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a horrible idea. Want good advice: don't do it.
  • jdhoward_101
    jdhoward_101 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    OP, i don't think people are being intentionally rude, people are taking a very severe tone to try and make you realize what a bad idea this is; if you want to lose 7lbs of FAT a day and not just water, you would need to burn 3500 calories a day ON TOP of however many calories are in your juice. Unless you're some sort of super-human, it just isn't possible, not without making yourself very, very ill.

Short term fix, say if you want to look good for a wedidng then fine. But i will also tell you from experience, you will put all that weight on once you stop juicing and start eating, very quickly, and probably more than you weighed before.
  • millyphat
    Options
    Please let me know if this works. I think its ok to do this for getting a jump start on weight loss but in general sticking to the calorie limit over a longer term gives more sustainable results. I am glad you have a juicer and can do the diet, I dont have a juicer so I just eat the fruits/veggies. What kind of juicer do you have and what are your experiences with this?
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Good luck; have fun. And we'll keep the light on for ya.
  • DiabolicalColossus
    DiabolicalColossus Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm being intentionally rude.

This is a dumb idea.

Along with a waste of time and potentially unsafe.

The only thing you'll "kickstart" is the loss of water weight.

But hey, by all means go ahead and delude yourself into thinking that this will contribute to long term health.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

Anyway
    Il leave it at that.

Wont be posting again!

We'll miss your blue silhouette :(