Pringles - serving size

Options
scb515
scb515 Posts: 133 Member
Does anyone know how many Pringles are equivalent to 30g? I don't have a food scale, but I do have a 190g tube. I figure if I count them out, I can stick to 30g, otherwise I'll inevitably eat the whole lot, feel sick and mess up my macros... Daft question, but if someone knows the answer, I would be grateful!

Replies

• helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    get a scale.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Math. Don't forget to carry the 1.
  • litsy3
    litsy3 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I'm confused as to why the OP can count the pringles in her serving, but can't count the pringles in the tube?
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Pringles are in my experience 2g per chip (edit: that's for sour cream & onion flavor) - I have weighed them so many times in the last year and a half!! That should suffice until you can get a scale - but seriously, GET A SCALE! Just because the tube says it is 190g doesn't mean it actually is that. I don't know about other countries but in the US at least, FDA regulations allow manufacturers a fudge factor of 20% between what it says on the package and what's *actually* in there. So you could have up to 20% more (or less!) chips than you think you do in that tube!
  • TriNoob
    TriNoob Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Pringles serving size = 1 can

If you're worried about them pushing you over on calories, go run a 10k.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Ozeri-Pro.jpg
    this works on strawberries AND pringles.
  • bern578
    bern578 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Pringles are the Devil's work!! I'm seriously impressed if you can stop yourself eating the whole tube. Definitely get yourself some scales though,
  • scb515
    Options
    Why don't I want to count every crisp? Because I'll look like a crazy lady pouring a tin of Pringles out in the office! FWIW, I didn't buy them, I never buy sharing size anything due to portion control issues. It would be ungrateful to reject the can (a weird choice of present from a co-worker) but equally, I just want to fit it in my macros. I'm a calories in calories out kinda girl.

Thanks to Phrick and davis_em for answering the question. I knew someone would have weighed them at home before.
  • scb515
    Options

I hope you're joking, or you mean the small cans which are really hard to find over here. A standard can is 980 calories. Not planning for 980 calories is enough to derail anyone's day.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Why don't I want to count every crisp? Because I'll look like a crazy lady pouring a tin of Pringles out in the office! FWIW, I didn't buy them, I never buy sharing size anything due to portion control issues. It would be ungrateful to reject the can (a weird choice of present from a co-worker) but equally, I just want to fit it in my macros. I'm a calories in calories out kinda girl.

Thanks to Phrick and davis_em for answering the question. I knew someone would have weighed them at home before.

I count almonds out. and peanut m and m's

and carrots

I've taken my food scale to the brazillian all you can eat steak house.

Seriously- who cares. People give me grief and I always just look at them like they are complete daft fools and say FOR SCIENCE DUH.

And I go back to doing what I'm doing because that explains everything.

Or pre-portion them at home and bring them in (I do that)

Or assume a pringles can is a single serving size as it is- and eat the whole thing (that's what I do when I eat pringles- that's a chip I can't eat in moderation- and I rarely have them so when Id o- I just eat the whole damn thing)
  • TriNoob
    TriNoob Posts: 96 Member
    Options

I hope you're joking, or you mean the small cans which are really hard to find over here. A standard can is 980 calories. Not planning for 980 calories is enough to derail anyone's day.

Not joking. That's a 7.5 mile run to net 0. If I really want to eat Pringles, then I'll do the run. I don't typically really want to eat Pringles, however.
  • litsy3
    litsy3 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    That'd be more like 11 miles for me.

Oh wait - I ran 11.5 miles this morning... be right back, I just have to go to the shops for something...
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Because I'll look like a crazy lady pouring a tin of Pringles out in the office!

Pretty sure that if you eat them you are going to look like the crazy lady who is trying to loose fat to become more healthy but is eating Pringles.
  • Rampage79
    Options

^^ This.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Because I'll look like a crazy lady pouring a tin of Pringles out in the office!

Pretty sure that if you eat them you are going to look like the crazy lady who is trying to loose fat to become more healthy but is eating Pringles.

um.
    no.

First off it's lose not loose.

secondly- eating pringles doesn't make you unhealthy or even ruin someone's plans in calorie counting situation.

I eat sweet treats and junk food regularly- still look fabulous- still dropped my 20 pounds from my planned bulk.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

Pringles are Victoria's Secret Model-food compared to what I ate when I was losing weight
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options

This is the only way to eat those darn crack flakes. Which is why I don't eat them. I can't run a whole 10k yet! :sad:
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    It's usually the entire tube for me :blushing: