Fitbit One or Fitbit Flex

Options
Ok...so I have decided to invest in a fitness tracker. I need motivation to keep walking...you know...just a few more steps and you have 10000 steps or few more steps to have a mile in? I have narrowed my search down to the two fitbits...fitbit one & fitbit flex. Has anyone used either of these? Do you like it and does it help keep you motivated? I like the flex because you can set goals but I would like anyone's input on these devices.
Thanks, Leshia:smile:

Replies

• aproudmom
    aproudmom Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Zip and love it. My next will be the Fitbit One. For me, I love looking at it and seeing what I have done. My friend's son has the flex, but he is of an age that his phone isn't out of his hand and he can look at results all day. The Zip uses batteries, does not tract steps or sleeping. The new "One" will be my Christmas present to myself. Oh, I love how it merges with MFP.
  • leshiahickman
    Options
    I liked the fact that it worked with MFP as well. The thing with the flex is Im afraid it will fall off my arm and I will lose it.
  • SugarBaby1986
    SugarBaby1986 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Flex! I sync it at home, once in the morning and once before I go to bed. My cell isn't compatible for syncing but I don't mind. I have other things I should be doing during the day. It has an LED display that lets me know how close to goal I am in 20% increments. I wear it around my wrist like a bracelet. Those I know who have a Flex wear it this way. I set the clasp pretty snug, still allowing some "wiggle room" and haven't come anywhere near close to having it fall off.
  • Kellryn
    Kellryn Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit One and I love it. My step count has tripled since having it. I clip it to my bra or waistband, it's never fallen off either location. I chose the One since I like seeing the data, and the Flex doesn't show that unless you check the app or dashborad. I also researched reviews before I bought and there were several that said the Flex doesn't always count steps correctly if you hold on to something (purse,shopping cart, and such).
    Fitbit and MFP work great together. No more estimating calories burned, it does it for me. I did learn that I wasn't eating enough since my exercise was burning more than I used to put into MFP. I increased my calorie count and still lose 2 .lbs a week.
    It's one of the best purchases I have ever made!
  • logicalinks
    logicalinks Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Flex! I sync it at home, once in the morning and once before I go to bed. My cell isn't compatible for syncing but I don't mind. I have other things I should be doing during the day. It has an LED display that lets me know how close to goal I am in 20% increments. I wear it around my wrist like a bracelet. Those I know who have a Flex wear it this way. I set the clasp pretty snug, still allowing some "wiggle room" and haven't come anywhere near close to having it fall off.

^^^ What she said. (Except that I can sync mine with my iPhone. Love it! :)
  • Hab1978
    Hab1978 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have the flex as well. It was a Christmas gift and I LOVE it!! I never take it off other than to charge it. It's never come loose or fallen off and it def keeps me motivated during the day. Fitbit has an exceptional customer service, so either way you go, I think you will be pleased! :)
  • wlock75
    wlock75 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I was in the same position choosing between the flex and the one. I chose the One and love it. I think you get a more accurate reading if its on your side that on you arm. And like others has said, it's convenient to look at the steps you have taken so far.