green tea

Options
Im hearing that it is so much better for you.
But hows it taste? is it sweetened? past two days i havent had any pop, but been drinking iced tea (with sugar). i know- that is a lot of sugar! but i cant stand unsweetened tea! Better then water though...

Anyways. How does green tea taste?

I AM NOT SAYING I AM OR WILL REPLACE WATER WITH TEA

Replies

• Octomonkey
    Octomonkey Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I'm not sure how to describe the taste. It's not sweet but you can add lemon to it. I hear it's really good for boosting metabolism
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I love green tea. But any tea with caffeine is no substitute for water. Try going a day or two of just drinking water. Good job getting rid of soda, but tea is a supplement: not a substitute.
  • delliam
    delliam Posts: 16
    Options
    I brew my own and sweeten w great value no calorie sweetner to taste,,,
  • ileana84
    ileana84 Posts: 163
    Options
    Tea can sometimes tastes a little bitter but if you add some honey, its great. Try adding a bit of lemon too =^_^= I drink mine hot but I dont replace water with tea.
  • orting514
    orting514 Posts: 153
    Options
    Green tea is packed with antioxidents i believe, i drink it every day.
  • Belle_Fille
    Options
    I love green tea. But any tea with caffeine is no substitute for water. Try going a day or two of just drinking water. Good job getting rid of soda, but tea is a supplement: not a substitute.
    I wasnt talking about substituting.
  • cyndi101
    Options
    Lipton diet green tea with citrus is ok...I'm not Real crazy about it but I can drink it...some people really like it though...but my favorite is diet Snapple peach tea made with both green and black tea...it has 0 calories..it's a Little more expensive but worth it to me. It tastes peachy...And believe me, I Completely feel your pain about the sodas...I am a self admitted Coca Cola junkie and I have only had one 12 oz can in the last 2 wks... and so far, so good..You'll get used to it...the one can I did have last Saturday night, just didn't taste right...and that is Something I never thought I would ever say in a million yrs. I feel sure that Coke stock prices will soon plummet...as I am sure I kept them in business, at least in my area for the last 20 yrs. lol
  • Belle_Fille
    Options
    Lipton diet green tea with citrus is ok...I'm not Real crazy about it but I can drink it...some people really like it though...but my favorite is diet Snapple peach tea made with both green and black tea...it has 0 calories..it's a Little more expensive but worth it to me. It tastes peachy...And believe me, I Completely feel your pain about the sodas...I am a self admitted Coca Cola junkie and I have only had one 12 oz can in the last 2 wks... and so far, so good..You'll get used to it...the one can I did have last Saturday night, just didn't taste right...and that is Something I never thought I would ever say in a million yrs. I feel sure that Coke stock prices will soon plummet...as I am sure I kept them in business, at least in my area for the last 20 yrs. lol
    as ashamed of it as i am...i have probably paid a few dr pepper workers salaries. went through 3-4 (i think it was 4) 24can cases in 3 weeks! 96 cans of soda...IN 3 WEEKS!

*imagining the huge pile of sugar*

UGH!
  • TheNewDanielle
    Options
    I quit soda 2 weeks ago :) Dr Pepper fan as well lol. I was going through three 2-liters a week, sad I know. My caffeine headache has pretty well gone away :) I only drank (cheated) two pepsi 8oz cans in the first week. Now, I drink decaf lipton hot tea in the morning and green tea during the day and water as well. My metabolism needs all the help it can get, and I've never been a fan of water. I'm getting used to the taste. My morning green tea has chammomile, also decaf :). I add one no-cal artificial sweetener to get over the twang. But as I get used to it, I'll just drink it straight. I definitely advocate green tea. Honestly, my family and friends have all gotten sick in the past month. Since switching, despite being around all sorts of sick kids and people, I have not gotten sick. I think it has a lot to do with my switching my foods to better foods and drinking green teas and waters :). Good luck!