PiYo Nutrition Plan

Options
ybodwen
ybodwen Posts: 342 Member
Is anyone doing PiYo with Chalene Johnson and keeping to the nutrition plan that comes with it? I am on day 6 and I love it though it's a lot of planning and eating! Would love to hear from others about what's working for them!

(No thanks in advance to Beach Body reps trying to sell me stuff!)

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha no way! It told me to eat 1360 or something. GTFO. Seriously. Those plans don't take into account how much you're trying to lose at all, or what your activity level is.. with 5 pounds to lose (at the time), there's no way I would eat so little. Plus I do cardio on the side, so that would be way too little food. Heck I've never eaten under 1600 calories.

I guess though if you have a bunch to lose and really don't do anything else than PiYo for exercise/activity, it could work. But they claim to have those 'results' for a reason... they're asking people to eat too little IMO... so yeah, they'll lose a bunch of weight if they stick to that...

For what it's worth, I've lost 2 pounds on PiYo (the 2 pounds I gained on vacation) with a tiny deficit, but I've lost inches and my core and strength have improved quite a bit, so I do love the program. But their nutrition plans, not so much (plus it's arguably not enough protein).
  • ybodwen
    ybodwen Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Franci- Good for you that you don't have any weight to lose!
    I add calories for breastfeeding (not exclusively) which put me in group C (1600ish) and days that I run I'm in the highest category (1800ish) I have 20 lbs to lose. I probably wouldn't be doing this plan otherwise to be honest. But with all the protein they ask you to eat I feel like I'm eating alllll day and always stuffed. I'm not relying on just the exercise for weight loss- that probably wouldn't do the trick- but I'm hoping to lose weight and get fitter with a combo of piyo, the eating plan and running a few times a week.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yeah that sounds much more reasonable. It definitely helped me get fitter and like I said, I only have a small deficit at this point.
  • shannonw0816
    shannonw0816 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 1 workout away of finishing week 3 of Piyo. I try to go by the total calories that Myfitnesspal suggest to lose weight, but I have used the Piyo nutrition plan for ideas of foods. I haven't been the best on my eating, but I'm doing better than I did a month ago. I am down just about 3 lbs, so I guess that averages about 1 lb a week. I haven't taken any measurements since I started but I can tell that my stomach and hips are smaller and my legs are starting to show some toning. The eating is one thing that I struggle with no matter what I'm doing. In Feb 2006 I decided to lose some weight I tried my best to stay within my calorie intake (per Myfitnesspal) every day and exercised only when I felt like it and I lost 22 lbs. I'm a firm believer in moderation, as soon as I tell myself i can't have something, I crave it until I can't take it anymore. I give in and eat more than I should and regret later.