Shakeology?

Options

Replies

• ShannonS921
    Options

We have tax here too. Even for a couple of dollars more for a few days of food it comes out to less than the shakes you drink. You do not need spirulina, wheat grass, yacon root, goji berry, acai or flax to lose weight. Several of those are proven to do nothing for you. The vitamins in the shake are not even high quality.

I found out about this thanks to other MFP members in a different thread. If people would only do some research before buying things (myself included here) they wouldn't lose so much money.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

Yes, I am the kind of guy that doesn't fall for scams. Sorry that you are/were. An honest opinion from a coach that sells the product is kind of an oxymoron, no? The FACT is, one does not have to try something to know if it's junk. If you want to make a living scamming people, have at it, but don't get upset when "not so gullible" people try to deter people from making mistakes.

you think I make a living doing this?!?! you are sadly mistaken sir
    [/quote]

You are right. I don't think anyone makes a living off of selling it these days as most of the world knows that it isn't any good. I should have probably said "Just because you thought you could make a living scamming people". My apologies, Ma'am.

ETA: To fix the quote boxes.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • tzdani
    tzdani Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    For me it depended on the fact that I dont' usually like breakfast until 9 or 10am when I'm up at 5:10 for exercise. Your body needs fuel to exercise, so for me, it's completely worth it. Definitely better than skipping a meal. With unsweetened almond milk, it's 180 calories and it's good. I add peppermint extract and some ice and sip it while riding my exercise bike. Plus, I'm not always good about nutrition, so... for ME, it helps!
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Not familiar with it. Is it like a sequel to Darren's Dance Grooves?

tumblr_mhgoh1gLYh1qhonq7o2_250.gif

Oh now THAT is a blast from the past!
  • therocpile
    therocpile Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I like Shakeology, a lot. It tastes great and is very convenient when you're on the go or don't have time to cook a nutritious meal, But.... It's way over priced and you can definitely get cheaper alternatives that are just as nutritious as Shakeology and taste just as great for a way lower price. Me personally, I am a beachbody coach, and have completed a few of their workout programs and they advertise Shakeology on all of their workouts, so I decided to give it a go. My opinion for 130$ a month is yes it's delicious, nutritious and keeps you full but I can't justify spending 130$/monthly on a shake. If you can afford shakeology go for it, but like I said there are other alternatives that are just as good for a way better price. I personally switched to Raw Organic Meal replacement.

If you are looking for the convenience of a nutritious meal replacement or just like having a nutritious smoothie I recommend trying out Garden of Life - Raw Organic Meal replacement, this is a great alternative to shakeology (in my opinion) and you can get a 30 day supply for around 30$
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    For me it depended on the fact that I dont' usually like breakfast until 9 or 10am when I'm up at 5:10 for exercise. Your body needs fuel to exercise, so for me, it's completely worth it. Definitely better than skipping a meal. With unsweetened almond milk, it's 180 calories and it's good. I add peppermint extract and some ice and sip it while riding my exercise bike. Plus, I'm not always good about nutrition, so... for ME, it helps!

Your body has fuel in the form of fat and stored calories from your dinner. If you feel you personally need something before or after a workout then that's fine. Meal timing around workouts is a personal preference, not a necessity. There is absolutely nothing wrong with skipping meals as long as it doesn't cause a person to over eat later.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Thank you both! 15 minutes could save you $120/month on Shakeology :) !

Yay! Someone who asks our advice and doesn't ragequit when advice may not be what she's hoping to hear! *applause* :laugh:

For serious, though, you got some great responses. Shakeology is nonsense.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    I'm only familiar with Beerology. I can help you there.
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Overpriced junk. :D Just focus on calorie deficit for weight loss and pick an exercise you enjoy for fitness.

This exactly! It's the only thing that works!

yes, this!
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    ok. I use shakeology daily. This is probably my favorite thing ever. No, its not overpriced. the way I see it, I could either be paying for a bunch of food to make up a breakfast, or I could be paying for this shake. its not junk, its done wonders for me. If you are interested in learning more about it let me know! I'm more than willing to help you figure out if its worth your money!

A dozen eggs and a package of bacon costs around $5 and covers breakfast for 3 days.
    A package of chicken and several cans of vegetables costs $12 and covers lunch for an entire week.
    A bag of potatoes costs $5 and lasts 3-4 weeks.

With your beachbody coach discount a single shake costs you $3.32.

Explain how that isn't over priced.

I don't know where you live but bacon here costs $5.99 a package, $4.99 if you find it on sale (plus we're one of the states that have sales tax on food, so add in more). Eggs about $2 a package. Eggs bacon, chicken, and canned veggies (hello sodium!!) don't contain spirulina, wheat grass, yacon root, goji berry, acai, flax, etc. I'd rather may more and keep the garbage out of my temple.

Do you know how much of those foods you are getting in each scoop of shakeology? Probably not, considering it is a proprietary blend. They can put almost NONE of those foods in the bad, and still claim it contains them. It's a ripoff. I'm on project ice cream lean. My blood tests have never been better, and I am starting to get a six pack. Clearly ice cream is the magic thing that will help everyone lose weight and get in the best shape of their life. Also, I'm selling 30 day supplies of ice cream for ONLY $80 a month. What a steal!!!!!
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I am really enjoying the representation for the company.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I don't care if It is made of unicorns, magic, and rainbows. I refuse to use it on sheer principle due to how obnoxious and desperatelyaggressive the "coaches" who sell it are.
  • Hornsby
    Options
    ok. I use shakeology daily. This is probably my favorite thing ever. No, its not overpriced. the way I see it, I could either be paying for a bunch of food to make up a breakfast, or I could be paying for this shake. its not junk, its done wonders for me. If you are interested in learning more about it let me know! I'm more than willing to help you figure out if its worth your money!

A dozen eggs and a package of bacon costs around $5 and covers breakfast for 3 days.
    A package of chicken and several cans of vegetables costs $12 and covers lunch for an entire week.
    A bag of potatoes costs $5 and lasts 3-4 weeks.

With your beachbody coach discount a single shake costs you $3.32.

Explain how that isn't over priced.

I don't know where you live but bacon here costs $5.99 a package, $4.99 if you find it on sale (plus we're one of the states that have sales tax on food, so add in more). Eggs about $2 a package. Eggs bacon, chicken, and canned veggies (hello sodium!!) don't contain spirulina, wheat grass, yacon root, goji berry, acai, flax, etc. I'd rather may more and keep the garbage out of my temple.

Do you know how much of those foods you are getting in each scoop of shakeology? Probably not, considering it is a proprietary blend. They can put almost NONE of those foods in the bad, and still claim it contains them. It's a ripoff. I'm on project ice cream lean. My blood tests have never been better, and I am starting to get a six pack. Clearly ice cream is the magic thing that will help everyone lose weight and get in the best shape of their life. Also, I'm selling 30 day supplies of ice cream for ONLY $80 a month. What a steal!!!!!

Reported for Spam....

lol
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Overpriced junk.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
  • drepublic
    drepublic Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My wife and I both drink Shakeology daily. And she can do 16 unassisted pull ups: ;-)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi1MXYg7qoA

I drank it throughout my transformation as well:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an-w8_vNuWw

Most of you may not know this, but you get access to a Beachbody coach with Shakeology. Now not all coaches are the same. I had a coach who never contacted me...and they missed out dearly...

Yes I am a bit biased. Do you need Shakeology to lose weight...no. IMO it does make it easier. Shakeology is a nutritionally dense shake that replaces a meal. Yes it is not the cheapest shake out there but it is not just a protein shake...I challenge everyone to look into the ingrediants. Dose anyone here spend >$4 on a meal? If so you might consider replacing that meal with Shakeology.

I expect all the figure and physique competitors posting here to bash me at this point...but how many of them would take your phone calls and help get you started off right, add you to a private support system and answer your questions throughout the day? Help you generate meal plans that actually work for your goals and your schedule?

The journey of fitness begins not only in the kitchen...but in your mind. You have to believe you are worth the effort if you are going to succeed.

Let the bashing begin...but I will forever recommend a product that has changed the life of my family,

Thanks for listening,

Robert
  • Hornsby
    Options

I expect all the figure and physique competitors posting here to bash me at this point...but how many of them would take your phone calls and help get you started off right, add you to a private support system and answer your questions throughout the day?

Ummm, there are quite a few on this site that will do it free of charge without selling you overpriced junk.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    My wife and I both drink Shakeology daily. And she can do 16 unassisted pull ups: ;-)

Most of you may not know this, but you get access to a Beachbody coach with Shakeology. Now not all coaches are the same. I had a coach who never contacted me...and they missed out dearly...

Yes I am a bit biased. Do you need Shakeology to lose weight...no. IMO it does make it easier. Shakeology is a nutritionally dense shake that replaces a meal. Yes it is not the cheapest shake out there but it is not just a protein shake...I challenge everyone to look into the ingrediants. Dose anyone here spend >$4 on a meal? If so you might consider replacing that meal with Shakeology.

I expect all the figure and physique competitors posting here to bash me at this point...but how many of them would take your phone calls and help get you started off right, add you to a private support system and answer your questions throughout the day? Help you generate meal plans that actually work for your goals and your schedule?

The journey of fitness begins not only in the kitchen...but in your mind. You have to believe you are worth the effort if you are going to succeed.

Let the bashing begin...but I will forever recommend a product that has changed the life of my family,

Thanks for listening,

Robert

smells like a coach to me.
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options

Actually a lot of them will and do. A lot of them are MFP members and some are even on my friends list. But excellent blanket statement to make about figure and physique competitors.
  • Hornsby
    Options

Thanks for listening,

Robert

smells like a coach to me.

The coach of all coaches if you look at his blog. It's literally as stereotypical as it gets. It's a good laugh though.