STomach wont lose weight but most everything else will

OK I'm getting a little curious, I am losing weight from my limbs and chest and face. STomache and waist are staying the same if they arent getting fatter. Scale wont go down... WHEN is it going to start being perportionate again? Im tired of this gut anyone have experiences or theories or answers or anything

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    1. You can't spot reduce
    2. If you are not losing weight or inches, you are not in a deficit. Weigh all your food accurately and consistently for several weeks, then reevaluate.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    If that's where you carry a lot of your weight, it's probably going to take awhile.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    First of all, you aren't even 20% into it. Bear in mind that the last half comes off a LOT slower than the first half, too. You have to keep this up for a very long time. The results come REALLY slowly. You have to be patient. Really patient. Not quite Job-like, but you need a LOT. So, summon that up. :)

It comes off different people at different rates, different areas. Also, since we see ourselves in the mirror every day, we don't really notice the changes as they happen. It's possible that you look better than you think. Everyone said I'd lose it first where I'd gained it last and that kind of happened and kind of didn't. I think it varies from person to person.

Hang in there. Patience! Be the tortoise! :)
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    hang in there you are at the start of your progress.
  • Nancy_AZ60
    Nancy_AZ60 Posts: 99 Member
    I lose in the belly last too ( if ever) ; apparently have the 'apple' genetics’ I carry fat around my abdomen.. Never used to be but here it is now. I have a short waist,, even when I was young and thin, my waist measurement was only a few inches smaller than my tush.

There are specific foods to stay away from with this type of shape..
    #1 is Sugar, Candy, Sugary Pop (Soda), White Breads, Corn etc..
    #2 is CARBS with high on the Glycemic Index
    #3 Watch your sodium

I have found that there are Health issue that some Apples have to deal with.

Diabetes
    High blood pressure
    High Triglycerides ( this is me :( super high and i do not drink)

Get a good MD and follow their advise.
    Good Luck.. :smile:
    (!! Remember that you can beat this.. !! :)
  • caminoslo
    caminoslo Posts: 239 Member
    First of all, you aren't even 20% into it. Bear in mind that the last half comes off a LOT slower than the first half, too. You have to keep this up for a very long time. The results come REALLY slowly. You have to be patient. Really patient. Not quite Job-like, but you need a LOT. So, summon that up. :)

It comes off different people at different rates, different areas. Also, since we see ourselves in the mirror every day, we don't really notice the changes as they happen. It's possible that you look better than you think. Everyone said I'd lose it first where I'd gained it last and that kind of happened and kind of didn't. I think it varies from person to person.

Hang in there. Patience! Be the tortoise! :)
    I get out the measurement tape 99% of the time and see on boobs keep shrinking hips are still staying fat stomache still fat.. then i try on my clothes the pants are soo lose from the leg down and tight by the stomach and then shirts are lose on top and well got hte gut.
  • hottie4eddie
    hottie4eddie Posts: 2 Member
    great advice!
  • hellomandarkk
    hellomandarkk Posts: 15 Member
    You can't target fat loss. You have to be burning more calories than you eat to make a deficit so that you will have fat loss.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Same thing happens to me... My pants are all really baggy, I can see the change in my arms, but that stupid belly measurement won't budge! Sometimes I feel like I will have to be skin and bones before I lose the belly fat :grumble:

Anyhoo, you just have to be patient and keep at it. Make sure you are in a calorie deficit, workout so you keep your muscles, and keep your eye on the light at the end of the tunnel!