Herbalife

Options
I was wondering if anyone has tried or completed their weight loss journey with Herbalife. One of my best friends lost 70lbs in 7 months using herbalife and has kept the weight off for a year.

What were your results and would you suggest it?

I am seriously thinking about doing it and would love your imput.

Thanks!!

Replies

• JudyP0389
    Options
    I did Herbalife for a short period of time and did lose a lot of weight but it's expensive and tastes awful. Now this was about 10 years ago so I don't know if things have changed or not. I would recommend Weight Watchers and the point system instead. But that's just my opinion.:) Good luck with whatever you decide.
  • kmjenkins
    kmjenkins Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I used Herbalife 8 years ago and lost 130 lbs in just under a year and stopped taking it about six months later. I was able to keep the weight off for about 3 years, but have put the majority of it back on. My honest opinion is that it does work to get the weight off but as soon as you stop taking it you have to be ready and knowledgeable about making the right choices to effectively maintain your weight through diet and exercise. Good luck with your journey.

~Kelly
  • Dteg
    Dteg Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I did herballife about 2 years ago and if i had stuck with it i would have been fine. I just didnt like how i had to drink the shakes and keep track of protein in my snacks. I was also still in high school. I wasnt very committed to it. i wanted fast fix and didnt look at it as every other weight loss program that takes time. Good luck !
  • kmjenkins
    Options
    And Judy is right, it does taste horrible, it is very expensive and you have to take alot of pills everyday that also taste horrible. If you want to try it however EBay has less expensive start kits for about 100 dollars that would get you through 30 days if you want to test it out.

Thanks,
    Kelly
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Ya my friend that did it sells it too. She said it will be about $100 a month. Which includes 2 things of shakes and pills. I'm also going to try the tea and protein powder to put in my morning shakes to fill me up a little bit more.

Did anyone put milk or frozen fruit in your shakes?
  • kmjenkins
    Options
    I always used skim milk and sometimes I would add 1/4 cup of fat free yogurt to make it more like a smoothie. I always made mine in a blender or shake bottle--stirring alone does not work well! Lol.
  • Sweettart
    Options
    Well today is day 1 of Herbalife!

I am having my first shake and I am very happy...it tastes great actually! I made it with 1.5 cups of 1% milk and 1 cup of fruit berries. It has a nice flavour and not chalky.
  • snerk
    snerk Posts: 51
    Options
    I did the Herbalife 12 week weight loss challenge. The lady who ran the program was amazing...she wasnt about selling the product or getting u onto the 2 shake a day plan like some are. It was more about teaching us to eat properly, and informing us what our body needs to fuel itself. I actually just bought the Vanilla shake stuff on saturday.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I did the Herbalife 12 week weight loss challenge. The lady who ran the program was amazing...she wasnt about selling the product or getting u onto the 2 shake a day plan like some are. It was more about teaching us to eat properly, and informing us what our body needs to fuel itself. I actually just bought the Vanilla shake stuff on saturday.

SAme here. The lady that ran ours was awesome! NOT pushy at all!
  • snerk
    Options
    It really is a great program....although I know alot of ppl are turned off of it because they think that its all about the product. I start my next challenge again on the 27th! can't wait
  • Sweettart
    Options
    What are these 12 week challenges? Where can I find info on them?

And GOOD LUCK LADIES!
  • snerk
    Options
    Talk to the person you bought your product from. Chances are they either offer the challenge...or know someone who does. I lost 32.2lbs my first challenge...and won $506. Feel free to add me if u have any other questions.
  • Bobbijo82566
    Bobbijo82566 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have been doing herbalife off and on for a couple months. I did my first 6 week challenge and lost 9 pounds. Then took the holidays off..big mistake, put back on about 4 pounds. UGH..
    I just started up again last week, I lost 3 pounds my first week. That was doing one or two shakes a day(with protein) and the tea. I am not really into the whole pill taking thing, but I do take a multi-vitamin(not herbalife,because I take the Vita-Craves gummys LOL)
    I really do love the product, and there are a lot of really good recipes out there, my favorite is the chocolate mint :) today I had a Strawberry Cheesecake and that was very good also! If you google Herbalife shake recipes you can find a lot of them and that helps so you dont feel like your having the same thing day after day. I always make mine with water and blended with lots of ice so it almost tastes like a malt :)
    It is spendy but so are a lot of other programs out there. I do know that I feel so much better since I have been using their products. I struggle with fatigue from an auto-immune disease and this has done wonders with my energy level.
    Good Luck with your journey and feel free to add me, it would be fun to go through this process with other herbalife users :)
    Bobbi Jo
  • Sweettart
    Options
    Did you workout with the program? I don't use the protein but do use the cell activators.
  • snerk
    Options
    Did you workout with the program? I don't use the protein but do use the cell activators.

I didnt work out the first 6 weeks and lost 20lbs. It's really a change in the way u eat! The 2nd half of my challenge I started working out...lightly. I didnt use any of the pills they have. I have recently tried out the Herbalife shake. Not a huge fan. I still prefer my jillian michaels stuff. I start my next challenge tomorrow!!
  • lorirogs
    lorirogs Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am on my 2nd Herbalife weight loss challenge. I have lost 10 pounds and 17 inches. I love the product and now sell it to my friends who are ready for a change. It's nice to see other people having good results with Herbalife. My weight lost coach has been using it for 15 years.
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Im doing the whet protein shakes. I have lost 7 lbs. About a lb a week. I mix it with fruit, skim milk. Taste great. Trying to work out.
    Has any one trued those shakes?
  • Wileyjoe
    Wileyjoe Posts: 282
    Options

I have been in two weight loss challenges and have had great success. You don't have to buy all the products - I have tried several of them but mainly use the Formula 1 powder and the aloe. My morning shake consists of 1/2 cup almond milk, 2 scoops of the herbalife formula 1 vanilla, 1 cup of frozen fruit (blueberries, strawberries, and black berries), and some added whey protein. The infomation they provide during the weight loss challenge is great information on eating right. The program combined with MFP's tracking capabilities make a great combination for weight loss.
  • Sweettart
    Options
    I did good at the beginning and then stopped :( I did go on vacation and now I am back at it as of monday. I also started RevAbs also on monday so that is helping.

I love having my shakes for breakfast but there are days where I want to eat real food for lunch!! DId anyone else get like that?
  • Fishetak6
    Fishetak6 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can have "real food" for lunch and have a shake for dinner.
    I have a shake for breakfast and dinner and eat a normal lunch + fresh fruit or yogurt for a snack in between :)

You can play around with the menu, just be sure to keep track of the calorie intake and drink plenty od water :)

and exercise, exercise, exercise :)