Students!!

Options
2»

Replies

• addie807
    Options
    I'm a student as well. Trying to become a teacher. I specifically want to be a Special Ed teacher and/or a Reading Teacher. I can relate and I absolutely love to read.
  • annasid78
    Options
    I am a student. A cometology student. My classes don't start till Mach 29th. So it will be nice to have all this great advice under my belt before I start.
  • Sara7Taylor
    Sara7Taylor Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm also a student! I'm a sophmore at Spokane Falls Community College. Getting my AA. Then transfering to Gonzaga University for Secondary Education.

Add me if you want. : )
  • nilisabel
    nilisabel Posts: 338
    Options
    i'm a student, nursing also, lotsa stress, long hours, absurdity abounds; This is my 3rd degree i've never been so stressed.
  • jayem07
    jayem07 Posts: 17
    Options
    I am also a student. I am a senior math education major. I think the hardest thing about being in college and trying to lose weight is the drinking. Does anybody else have this problem?
  • lu123
    lu123 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Yep, student here, Business Management. feel free to add.
    Stuck in exam period at the moment, healthy eating has died under the stress :frown: Looking forward to getting back into lectures so I can get back on track!
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Accounting major here.

The one thing that has helped me the most this semester was buying a slow cooker. Saved me a bunch of money, time and it tastes 10x better than pre-cooked frozen meat. It's especially great because I can cook food overnight and it will be ready by the time I wake up in the morning.
    I am also a student. I am a senior math education major. I think the hardest thing about being in college and trying to lose weight is the drinking. Does anybody else have this problem?

I ended up cutting out any type of frequent drinking pattern a few months ago, and I use to drink A LOT. The alternative is to do extra cardio or "save" calories for those days, but ultimately, it slows your metabolism for 24-48 hours while it is in your system. Not to mention they are empty calories. Just have to decided what you need to do to reach your goals.
  • asm12707
    Options
    hi, i am starting classes in feb for buisness
  • bekkyhughes
    Options
    I'm a Physics student at Cardiff university (different in the UK, we just have one major)
  • dream_litotes
    Options
    I'm in Scotland so I can have two "majors" even though I'm in the UK. :) I study Modern European Languages: French and German, which is a joint honours degree with a year abroad (even though I'm abroad already...). So in September I'm going to Besançon, France, and in March/April of 2012 I'm going to Tübingen, Germany. It's going to be hard to find new good habits twice in such a short time, what with the very different food cultures: I'm only just starting to eat healthily in the UK after living here for a year and a half.

I actually don't think it's that hard to eat well and exercise as a student. I have 15 teaching hours a week, and I spend around 25 hours a week on campus/not at home for uni reasons. What I do is bring my own lunch; I only eat out one lunch a week (yay lunch study group!) and the other days I bring fruit, rye bread, a boiled egg, or whatever else I can think of that can be eaten easily. I don't drink, at all, never have and don't plan on starting, but I do agree that there is a LOT of drinking going on in general. I don't get how people can pass their courses when they spend nearly every night completely hammered. (One of my flatmates does...) For exercise, I finish before lunch twice a week, so I go for a run with a couple of friends in the afternoon (plus once on the weekend, usually Sunday - going in about fifteen minutes!). On the other days I usually try to walk around the park on the way to my flat (adds a mile or so) unless I know that I'm walking in the evening (my choir rehearsals are twenty minutes' brisk walking away, for example). It seems to work pretty well for me!
  • arwamya
    arwamya Posts: 304
    Options
    Student too ! Majoring in Business administration.
  • loupammac
    loupammac Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I recently made the switch from Arts (drama major) to Education (primary major akas kids aged 4 - 12). I start classes on Feb 28. I'm determined to drink more water and bring snacks and lunches. I haven't scoped out the refectory yet so who knows, there might be a kick-*kitten* sandwich/salad station like at my old campus. :)
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I'm not a student yet. But I am moving to Chicago next fall to start school. Majoring in film and minor in fashion photography. Hopefully I can get back to my goal before I start. So any tips for working out and keeping it off when I do is useful!

Feel free to add me!
  • bratja
    bratja Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm a student, so feel free to add me. I'm a freshman with a major in Japanese and possible minors in human nutrition, theatre, and philosophy. (: I think I'm finally getting the healthy eating thing under control, now, though! It took awhile, what with adjusting to being away from home and all, but yeah, I think it's getting there (:
  • rhan90
    rhan90 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 3rd year of Uni this year :) Doing a double degree, Arts and Science. My majors are psychology and biology. I started this new lifestyle just after exams last year, roughly 3 months ago. I'm kinda scared as to how it will go once uni starts. Being a student is my first priority - everything else comes second. Hopefully I'll be able to balance the healthy habits I'm developing with the long hours and stress of uni plus part time work.
  • craek
    craek Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Senior:) Majoring in Event Planning
  • sarahbear119
    sarahbear119 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am still in High School, but college is only 8 months away...
  • lilmama1223
    Options
    I'm a student. My major is nursing. I'm currently trying to get all of my pre-requisites out of the way.