CRAP! I think my house is haunted

Options

Replies

• Ladybug1250
    Ladybug1250 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Thank you again to everyone for sharing your insights, lets see what tomorrow brings, hopefully I have the house to myself. I'm really a chicken **** so I don't want to deal with another early AM panic attack!
  • Organicgasm
    Organicgasm Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    When are you white people going to figure out that you run away from the weird noises and don't go investigating?

Haha. Favorite post of all time.

That being said...

A) I agree
    B) No such thing as ghosts
    C) Being up alone is creepy
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Our old neighbor told us that she saw demons walking through her backyard when she first moved-in. She salted and claimed the property in the name of Jesus and hadn't seen the demons since.

I said, "Great! You just banished them to my yard." Strange thing is...she seemed pretty normal otherwise.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I'll be curious to see if anything else happens. If they do something you don't like, just tell them to stop. It worked for me when "Michael" kept knocking my kids' lunchboxes on the floor in my kitchen. I was getting tired of putting them back, so I just pointed in that direction and said "cut it out!" That was it.
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    tumblr_n7lmzmkOQH1qdlh1io1_400.gif

What movie is this from?

Full 2 min video is here! Enjoy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUQhNGEu2KA

Dude! Not the scariest thing ever, but pretty good.
  • cranshinibon
    cranshinibon Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Wake up the hubby....just be like

tumblr_mk5f7qBMvc1qba8m9o1_400.gif

Or you could check on your daughter.

ibxRx8E5RB2G4G.gif
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Don't think of it as a haunting, think of it as a possible workout buddy.

YEAH! It chases, you runnnnnnnnn!
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    tumblr_n7lmzmkOQH1qdlh1io1_400.gif

What movie is this from?

Full 2 min video is here! Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUQhNGEu2KA

Hahaha! That was funny!
    Yikes!: why oh why did I watch that! :sad:
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Just hang a Ray Parker Jr poster up and call it a day.
  • Ladybug1250
    Options
    I was too chicken to get up this morning and workout! DAMMIT!!! I need to put on my big girl pants and get over this!! :frown: :grumble:
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I was too chicken to get up this morning and workout! DAMMIT!!! I need to put on my big girl pants and get over this!! :frown: :grumble:

You really do. Tough love time, just to help you out.

You're a grown woman and a mother. There are no such thing as ghosts. None. Are we clear? Everyone here with their "stories" are just telling tales or misinterpreting a trick of their eyes. The ones who really go on about it are flat out scam artists.

There is no evidence of ghosts. None. It's 2014.

Anyone who'd like to argue, I know a website where you can make one million dollars by proving the existence of ghosts. No one has won yet. It's been going on for decades. Not one winner.

The human imagination is a powerful thing, it can see things that aren't there and hear noises and scare the crap out of us... but ghosts aren't real.

Don't let this get in the way of your life. You just had a scare, a trick of the imagination. It wasn't real.

U R smrt. As much as I love a good ghost story, it makes me sad when I hear of someone letting irrational fear prevent them from living their lives the way they want to.

I was in my basement a month or so back, doing laundry, when I swear up and down I heard someone whisper my name. Adrenaline rushed into my limbs and they went ice-water cold. I casually finished my laundry and ran up the stairs. When I had to go back down to flip/flop the laundry I was actually a little frightened. Then I thought to myself, "Girl, James Randi would be so ashamed of you right now!" And that reminded me of what I know is true about logic and science and I got over myself. :)
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Anything to avoid a workout? Hmmm...man-up girlie.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Ladybug1250
    Options

You're a grown woman and a mother. There are no such thing as ghosts. None. Are we clear? Everyone here with their "stories" are just telling tales or misinterpreting a trick of their eyes. The ones who really go on about it are flat out scam artists.

Anyone who'd like to argue, I know a website where you can make one million dollars by proving the existence of ghosts. No one has won yet. It's been going on for decades. Not one winner.

The human imagination is a powerful thing, it can see things that aren't there and hear noises and scare the crap out of us... but ghosts aren't real.

Don't let this get in the way of your life. You just had a scare, a trick of the imagination. It wasn't real.

Thank you!! I needed this :-)
  • Ladybug1250
    Options

U R smrt. As much as I love a good ghost story, it makes me sad when I hear of someone letting irrational fear prevent them from living their lives the way they want to.

I was in my basement a month or so back, doing laundry, when I swear up and down I heard someone whisper my name. Adrenaline rushed into my limbs and they went ice-water cold. I casually finished my laundry and ran up the stairs. When I had to go back down to flip/flop the laundry I was actually a little frightened. Then I thought to myself, "Girl, James Randi would be so ashamed of you right now!" And that reminded me of what I know is true about logic and science and I got over myself. :)

Good point, I have to get over this. I WILL Get over this. I'm sure I wont hear it again, but if I do I will get to the bottom of what it is. Thanks for your help and support! :-)
  • hookilau
    Options
    I freak myself out all the time :tongue: It always happens when I've been watching horror movies (my favorite) when I'm home alone or when I ask the dog if he hears something :laugh: don't do that :tongue:

I make it a point to keep my mind blank when doing laundry in the basement (dog's no help, he's only down there to eat the cat food) & not convince myself I hear/see things.

I have a wild imagination & unlike my cuckoo bird sister, I don't go around letting others in on how insane I can get if allowed to roam around my head without limits....freakiest thing ever though is Kubrick's silly bouncing ball :sick:
  • knitapeace
    Options
    James Randi will save us all.

Did you pick up on the girl on page two with the long, detailed story..that eventually ended with her being an actress in some upcoming webseries on ghosts? :huh: :noway:

I try not to judge...out loud.

My husband went to The Amazing Meeting one year and called me from the convention floor. He goes, "There's someone here who wants to talk to you" and suddenly Randi was on the phone. I was like a 12 year old on the phone with a member of One Direction, totally fangirled out.

LadyBug you're totally fine. It's human to freak yourself out, like hookilau said. (BTW, hookilau, every time I see you on the forums I get that song stuck in my head that they taught us at the luau in Maui!) Just keep telling yourself that there is NO reason for you to be afraid in your own home. It's a safe place.
  • hookilau
    Options
    (BTW, hookilau, every time I see you on the forums I get that song stuck in my head that they taught us at the luau in Maui!)

wellp, (stretches, rubs belly) my job is done here.
    Now who's gonna make me a sandwich?

tumblr_mz3hhs7ZsA1r4sc96o1_500.gif
  • knitapeace
    Options
    (BTW, hookilau, every time I see you on the forums I get that song stuck in my head that they taught us at the luau in Maui!)

wellp, (stretches, rubs belly) my job is done here.
    Now who's gonna make me a sandwich?

Imma make you a humuhumunukunukuapua'a sammich with poy.