I'mTired. Are you Tired?

Options
desweds
desweds Posts: 126 Member
Hi-

Im tired of being pre diabetic.
Im tired of taking high bloood pressure medicine
Im tired of being left behind when my friends do athletic activities.
Im tired of thinking Im going to have a stroke.
Im tired of being tired.

1450 kcal/day.

I've chosen to avoid most carbs. I think I might be a carboholic - since Ive given up carbs I just don't feel terribly hungry. At least not that I GOTTA EAT kinda hungry Im used to feeling.

Im pretty motivated but Im really just starting.

Replies

• laceyf53
    laceyf53 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm also new, and in the same boat. I'm really tired of being tired, and as a type 2 diabetic, it's hard to lose weight and you really have to watch the carbs. It gets easier every day though! Good luck, glad you're already doing well. :)
  • emack1975
    Options
    I'm with both of you. I'm tired all the time! I'm tired of being Type II Diabetic, having issues with Colitis, being severely anemic and having to get iron IV's, being so low in B12 that I need monthly injections, feeling exhausted, powerless, like a failure.

I have made so many promises to myself over the years that "this time I'm really gonna do it!" But I really do have to do it... I'm 39 years old as of a week ago and I feel at least ten to fifteen years older. What am I talking about?? There are many many 50-somethings who are healthier and more energetic than I am. But I have to succeed, this is my body, my life. There is no alternative than to eat healthy, get enough sleep, get exercise, live.

So, I'm here. I've lost my first 5 pounds since deciding to really make a lifestyle change. I'm going to reach out for support and really hold myself accountable. I wish all of you, and myself, health success and happiness :)
  • back2twentyfive
    back2twentyfive Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Maybe I can offer some encouragement. When I recently got to 15 lbs. lost, I started to feel more energetic. At that point, I pushed myself to walk 20 minutes a day, which I did by taking the bus every day to work -- 10 minutes to the bus and 10 minutes back. Then, instead of taking the elevator every time I have to go up a flight, I take the stairs. And there's parking at the end of the parking lot to walk a bit more to the store. These are small changes, but they have made all the difference in the world, and for the first time in many years, I feel like I have some energy. Of course, I want to be able to do more and have a lot more energy, but making small changes adds up!

A friend recently said, it's easier "not to eat" than to be sick for the rest of your life. I think of that often and it is a good motivator for me.

I wish you all the best in starting with small changes, as they can make a big difference!