Hello fitness pals

Options
Hi guys,

My name is Jade. I'm 24 and I'm overweight. I started my weight loss and get fit challenge yesterday. I decided to create this account to keep me motivated and hope to meet other people who are in the same boat.

My main exercise is running & la fitness. I am starting out slow (1.5 miles per day), but my first goal is to be able to run 3 miles and my ultimate goal is to run 5 miles a day. One day I would like to participate in the 3k, 5k, the color run, and the zombie run.

My diet is ... well I'm not on a strict diet, but I decided to watch what I put in my mouth/body.

My ultimate goal is to make exercise ... part of my lifestyle. Before I used to make so many excuses that I have to study, exams, tight deadlines, work overflow, etc etc ... but really what I need is that I have to take care of myself.

Pleased to meet you fitness pals. :)

- Jade

Replies

• poo42
    poo42 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good luck and stay focused!! I used to be like you when I was your age, but a combination of exercise (remember to build some muscles together with cardio) and a low carb diet will work wonders for you.
  • IHateThinkingOfAUsername
    Options
    Welcome Jade. :) there are lots of runners on here so I'm sure you'll be able to reach your goals. :)
    a low carb diet will work wonders for you.
    As will any diet that creates a calorie deficit (if your aim is to lose weight). Restricting or cutting out a food group isn't necessary. If It Fits.
  • IHateThinkingOfAUsername
    Options
    Forgot to post this:

Jade, this is a great place to start reading. There are quite a few good sticky threads on Getting Started forum.
    The key is to accurately log what you're eating and not over estimate any calories you burn through exercise. Good luck.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • christinesusie
    Options
    FREE! Discover Venus Factor Review seeks to separate fantasy from reality and serve as a guide for women considering Venus Factor purchase. Can Venus Factor truly live up to its weight- loss and fitness claims, even when other systems have failed? Few could blame us for our healthy dose of skepticism, as we set out to analyze the Venus program and its alleged, extraordinary results. See more http://4besthealth.com/venusfactor1