Not losing weight with Beachbody

Options
I have been doing Beachbody workouts since February. I started with P90X3, then Focus T25 and am on my second month of Turbo Fire. The only time I saw more than a 5Ibs weight loss is when I didn't the Shakeology cleanse for 3 days. I took measurements before I started but deleted my X3 app before I remembered that was where I stored the numbers. I have taken pictures and have seen a definite difference in how tone my body is. I know the scale isn't everything but after 6 months of constant workouts I would have thought I would lose something!

As far as my diet I have greatly improved it. I don't eat many processed foods. I usually make all my foods on Sundays so I don't eat out. I am much more lenient on Saturdays and Sundays. I also go out for drinks on the weekends, although I try to keep it just to Saturday nights. I rarely eat out and if I do I am still always within the calorie limits that have been determined by the Turbo Fire nutritional book. Although, the guide wants me to eat closer to 2000 cals/day. I find it very difficult for me to eat that much. Im not even that hungry and since I have increased my calories to closer to 1800 I have noticed some increased weight/inches. I usually have a deficit of 100-700 calories depending on the workout I do.

For some of the Turbo Fire workouts should I be doing extra cardio? There are HIIT workouts that are as little as 15 minutes. I have noticed there is not very much strength training in the workouts.

Any suggestions?! I am getting so confused!

Replies

• vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since you stopped losing weight? Short term stalls are meaningless and simply require patience and consistency. If you have been stalled for 3 or more weeks, it's likely you are eating too much. This can be from having too high of a calorie goal, or improperly counting. If you have 2 days a week where you aren't counting at all, this could be the problem as well. Being more relaxed on the weekend is okay but it affects average calories. If you eat 1800 calories 5 days a week and then have 2500 on the weekends, you are effectively eating 2000 every day. If you have 3000 calories on the weekends you are effectively having 2140 calories a day.

Also counting of calories could be off. Do you weigh your food on a scale, use things like cups or tablespoons (those are meant for liquids only), or, even worse, just eyeball it? How often are you eating out? How often do you not count at all? All these things matter.
  • ahagmann2
    ahagmann2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It has been more than 3 weeks since I've seen much weight loss. I just recalculated the calories the Turbo Fire wants me to eat and it is 2260/day. It is counting on burning close to 600 calories/day. But Im not always burning that many during the workout. Today was 15 minutes and I burned 192.

I have not been measuring my foods very well. I don't have a food scale so I have been logging fruit under MFP's small or medium of whatever I ate. If I'm eating vegetables its easier to log. For meat I use the hand guide I've seen on other nutrition sites.
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    It has been more than 3 weeks since I've seen much weight loss. I just recalculated the calories the Turbo Fire wants me to eat and it is 2260/day. It is counting on burning close to 600 calories/day. But Im not always burning that many during the workout. Today was 15 minutes and I burned 192.

I have not been measuring my foods very well. I don't have a food scale so I have been logging fruit under MFP's small or medium of whatever I ate. If I'm eating vegetables its easier to log. For meat I use the hand guide I've seen on other nutrition sites.
    Not seen much loss, what does that mean? What do you consider not that much? Also, I'd spend 15 bucks for a food scale from walmart and start weighing things. That plus not necessarily eliminating the weekend calorie overages but at least tracking them so you know what your average intake is. That should totally solve your problem.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Tighten up on your logging, get a food scale - if you're not losing any weight then you're eating more than you think :flowerforyou:
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I've done all of those programs. I find the BB calorie burn estimates to be inflated, so don't rely on those when planning your calories. I would ignore their diet recommendations as well.

My advice would be to get a scale, start weighing and measuring your foods, log accurately, and eat your MFP goal + some exercise calories back (half of what your HRM/database tells you), or switch over to the TDEE method. I lost only 5 lbs when I did T25 because my diet wasn't in check, but lost close to 20 lbs when I did P90X3 because I had my logging down. I enjoy the workouts, but you really need to have your diet in check to see results.
  • ahagmann2
    ahagmann2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 5-10Ibs but it fluctuates. I have about 25 to lose.

Thanks for the suggestions! Ill definitely grab a scale. Also, I'm glad I'm not the only person noticing an inflated estimated calorie burn.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    . Today was 15 minutes and I burned 192.

I have not been measuring my foods very well.

I would focus on accurately tracking those 2 data points.

Most people tend to over estimate calories burnt and underestimate calorie intake.

Pretty simple math, a pound of fat =3500 calories. Accurately track in and out calories and a 3500 calorie deficit will result in 1 pound of fat loss 99.9% of the time.

So easy it has been working since man lived in caves and still applies to beach body workouts.
  • cardozojoann
    cardozojoann Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I agree with what everyone else is saying. Get a scale and measure all your foods. I'm also doing beachbody but I only take in 1500-1600 calories a day that's with my T25 workout. It sounds like you are eating more then you should be.