2 stone in 2 months?

Options
Is it possible to lose 2 stone in 2 months? If so does anyone have any tips on how to do it!

Replies

• SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? How old are you? What do you weigh now? Looking at your profile pic I would say you are young and already slim, so my answer would be NO, it is not possible. If you were very, very obese, then it's a possible maybe but unlikely.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to lose 2 stone in 2 months? If so does anyone have any tips on how to do it! Btw, I do know this isn't a healthy rate to lose weight etc so please don't moan :)

:huh:

you know its not healthy so people on here wont support it... not sure what you're hoping to get out of this post apart from attention?
  • laurenadams95
    Options
    I'm going away in 2 months time and thats how much i'd like to lose, i've been losing weight steadily for a couple of months but would like to know if there is any way to boost the weight loss. I'm not looking for attention at all, just advisc. However, the 'moaning' that i referred to is expected from people like you who can't just be supportive. If you don't like what i have to say and don't have any advice then there's no need for you to comment.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    I'm going away in 2 months time and thats how much i'd like to lose, i've been losing weight steadily for a couple of months but would like to know if there is any way to boost the weight loss. I'm not looking for attention at all, just advisc. However, the 'moaning' that i referred to is expected from people like you who can't just be supportive. If you don't like what i have to say and don't have any advice then there's no need for you to comment.

because 'people like me' are rightly not going to be supportive of something unhealthy...

my advice is to not do something you know is unhealthy!!!!!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,392 MFP Moderator
    Options
    No it's not healthy. Its about 1/2 lb per day. If that picture is current and your body is proportional to your face, then you definitely won't be able to lose that kind of fat in 2 months.

Our forum does not support unhealthy weight loss. Not only is it not good for you, it's a violation of the forum rules as noted below. But you can lose around 8-10 lbs of fat and possibly another 5 of water weight if you want to go low carb for a few weeks. But 24 lbs in 2 months won't happen with a smaller person.

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to lose 2 stone in 2 months? If so does anyone have any tips on how to do it! Btw, I do know this isn't a healthy rate to lose weight etc so please don't moan :)
    So you don't want honest or realistic answers then? OK

If though you do want to be sensible and think long term look at the link

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?hl=guide+to+sexypants&page=1#posts-18361594
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Let me get this straight - you know it's not healthy but anyone who agrees with you that it's not healthy is being unsupportive?

Guess I'm unsupportive then.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Is it possible to lose 2 stone in 2 months? If so does anyone have any tips on how to do it!

great edit OP!!!!! :laugh:
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Let me get this straight - you know it's not healthy but anyone who agrees with you that it's not healthy is being unsupportive?

Me too.. Please do not do anything to try to lose 2 stone in 2 months... You will regret it later.
  • laurenadams95
    Options
    I am technically obese and therefore know its possible to lose larger amounts of weight than a smaller person. I've been steadily dieting and making great changes to my eating and exercise. I am going away in 2 months and want to shift this last bit of weight, i was looking for advice on different diets such as the paleo etc which allow you to lose weight somewhat quickly however i am aware this is not a long term fix. I, as do lots of people want to feel confident on holiday so losing a bit of extra water weight etc would be great and that's all i was looking for advice on.
  • psuLemon
    Options

Me too.. Please do not do anything to try to lose 2 stone in 2 months... You will regret it later.

Or potentially be put in the hospital for malnutrition.
  • laurenadams95
    Options
    I was just looking for support and advice, instead i've gotten abuse. If you don't have anything kind to say i dont see why you're here?
  • psuLemon
    Options
    I am technically obese and therefore know its possible to lose larger amounts of weight than a smaller person. I've been steadily dieting and making great changes to my eating and exercise. I am going away in 2 months and want to shift this last bit of weight, i was looking for advice on different diets such as the paleo etc which allow you to lose weight somewhat quickly however i am aware this is not a long term fix. I, as do lots of people want to feel confident on holiday so losing a bit of extra water weight etc would be great and that's all i was looking for advice on.

The only people that should be aiming for 2 lbs a week are those that are morbidly obese. If you want to post your stats (height, weight, age) and your workout plan, we can help set you on a safe path. And even give you tricks to shed water weight. But no one will tell you to starve yourself. In the end, it's about sustainable fat loss, not weight loss. If you want to see the difference of what muscle means, look at the below link. She gained 20 lbs and is more fit. Below is the general guidelines you should follow.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
  • psuLemon
    Options
    I was just looking for support and advice, instead i've gotten abuse. If you don't have anything kind to say i dont see why you're here?

What you have gotten is support. We are not going to support an unhealthy weight loss technique. Disagreement =/= attacks or belittling.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Yes, potentially you could lose at a quicker rate. But only through drastic measure and probably still not that amount.

You would also potentially lose some of that lovely glossy hair of yours & end up with crappy looking skin and nails due to poor nutrition & lack of essential vitamins. Internally wouldn't be all too pretty either. Oh! Lets not forget you'll be too exhausted to enjoy your holiday or actually do anything on it other than sleep all day.

And even at a low weight to start & a young age there is always the chance of loose skin due to rapid muscle loss. Or you could just continue to lose sensibly as you have for the last few months?....
  • laurenadams95
    Options

The only people that should be aiming for 2 lbs a week are those that are morbidly obese. If you want to post your stats (height, weight, age) and your workout plan, we can help set you on a safe path. And even give you tricks to shed water weight. But no one will tell you to starve yourself. In the end, it's about sustainable fat loss, not weight loss. If you want to see the difference of what muscle means, look at the below link. She gained 20 lbs and is more fit. Below is the general guidelines you should follow.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

Well i have 60lbs to lose so i should be aiming for around 1.5lbs per week. Thanks :)
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I've not seen any abuse. Have seen a lot of people who have been successful at weight loss trying to stop you doing something silly.
    Personally I'm here primarily for health, weight loss and fitness gains are part of health but they are all linked.
  • psuLemon
    Options

Well i have 60lbs to lose so i should be aiming for around 1.5lbs per week. Thanks :)

Yes, for now 1.5 lbs a week would be acceptable. Make sure you read the sexypants guide link posted earlier. Also, I would recommend doing a combination of weight lifting and cardio... In the end, for a long term look, you want fat loss, not weight loss. Minimizing the amount of lean body mass (tissue, muscle, bone density, etc..) is ideal since the more muscle you have, the leaner you will be.

But if you want us to set up a calorie plan, and help with a weight loss plan, then we need to know your stats and current workout plan/equipment.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Giving yourself a time limit can be self-destructive, you want it BUT you insist on piling on the additional pressure. Ask yourself how much you will probably loose were your progress to stay the same. Depending on how much closer to your over all goal you are then the visual effect of loosing even 7 lb will be greater especially if you try some toning exercise.

Please do not, "spoil the ship for a half peneth of tar". Good health is something you should not compromise. Once gone it is hard to regain. Got the T-shirt thanks to a duff thyroid.
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

Public forums are open to all the people in the internets ( not just people who agree with you) - you are likely to get a range of advice, generally good healthy advice. If you don't want to hear it then don't post in public forums, especially when you know something might be seen as unhealthy...

..Jus' sayin..