-$114.78 OFF HRM. What's your excuse now?

124»

Replies

• ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member

They must have changed the price since your first post. It is now CDN $71.64, 45% off the list CDN$ 129.99. Not $15
    It is probably good deal for those looking for an HRM.

The other posts have also been instructive, thank you. I did not know HRMs were most useful for continuous cardio, which helps explain their popularity with cyclists.
  • cherrilovee
    cherrilovee Posts: 194 Member
    Because I already have one, & the sale isn't that good anyways. I got mine on eBay for a LOT cheaper!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Amazon doesn't ship to Australia. <- My excuse
    G'day mate! Sucks that it doesn't go there! On the bright side, you're in Australia. One of the brightest places I know :)

G'day! This is true, I can live without cheap electronics when I get these beaches :D
  • KateB1982
    KateB1982 Posts: 107 Member
    Went on Amazon and purchased one of these shortly after you posted. I already have a Polar HRM, but this will make a great spare. I paid $15.21 with free shipping since I live in Canada and I also noticed the description says the H1 chest strap is included. So, this seems to be a great deal! I guess I'll find out whenever it comes in the mail. :)

Thanks so much for the tip!

ETA: I'm a bit confused by the negative replies you seem to be getting on this thread....sorry you have to deal with that. :(
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Check camelcamelcamel.com before every buying anything on amazon. It looks like this product has been $70-78 since October of last year. Do not get fooled by "SALE!" prices.

Showing my work:
    http://ca.camelcamelcamel.com/Polar-90051040-Heart-Monitor-Silver/product/B001U0OFCS

For the link-phobic:
    14o37mo.png
  • JulsiePie
    JulsiePie Posts: 166 Member
    Awwww!!!! I missed the $15 sale :(

Now it's back up to $70 something....Blahhhhhhhhhhhh...I already have one but for $15 bucks, I would have bought a spare and than a spare spare lol!
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    I don't want one. I don't think you need one. People were losing weight just fine years ago before technology had to stick it's nose in.so my excuse is I'm doing it the OLD FASHIONED WAY.
    Haha, well i meant "If you WANTED a HRM but were unsure of the price for it than you have no excuse now because it's over 100 dollars off" :P Though i found it useful for me. It gives/gave me a lot more drive knowing just how well or bad i was doing. AND it also made it much easier to get the right amount of food to eat inorder to lose weight how i wanted.

I actually think this is a pretty silly attitude. When I was younger we took HR with two fingers to the pulse... if a simple piece of tech can do that for me (leaving my hands free for other things) and record my workout duration AND all for the low-low price of 15$ then why would you ever say no?
    true true. For the price it was it was very good :)
  • Nikoruo

They must have changed the price since your first post. It is now CDN $71.64, 45% off the list CDN$ 129.99. Not $15
    It is probably good deal for those looking for an HRM.

The other posts have also been instructive, thank you. I did not know HRMs were most useful for continuous cardio, which helps explain their popularity with cyclists.
    Yep, they only had like 10 left for that price and then it went back up.
  • Nikoruo
    Because I already have one, & the sale isn't that good anyways. I got mine on eBay for a LOT cheaper!
    You got it cheaper than 15 dollars? Dang! They were 15dollars for a short while last night but just not anymore.
  • Nikoruo
    Amazon doesn't ship to Australia. <- My excuse
    G'day mate! Sucks that it doesn't go there! On the bright side, you're in Australia. One of the brightest places I know :)

G'day! This is true, I can live without cheap electronics when I get these beaches :D
    Always have the sun and fun over there! :D
  • Nikoruo
    Went on Amazon and purchased one of these shortly after you posted. I already have a Polar HRM, but this will make a great spare. I paid $15.21 with free shipping since I live in Canada and I also noticed the description says the H1 chest strap is included. So, this seems to be a great deal! I guess I'll find out whenever it comes in the mail. :)

Thanks so much for the tip!

ETA: I'm a bit confused by the negative replies you seem to be getting on this thread....sorry you have to deal with that. :(

Haha yeah I mean for that price, if you wanted a HRM or even a spare one it's a great low amount for canadians with no shipping. and yep i noticed it says that too so i figure it'll be in there. It was the same page that i bought my other one a year ago from and i got a strrap included last time so i figure this time it's included as well. Otherwise this product would be useful. And its not like its average price is 15 dollars, it was just a sale! So i figure all the pieces should still be included. :)

Yeah it doesn't make sense, i thought i'd help those out who were looking to to get one but i'm bombarded with people saying they didn't want one in the first place or essentially calling anyone who gets one stupid. :P I guess i should have made the OP clearer and just said "if you were always looking for an HRM to help you a long when exercising then there's a great canadian deal on right now. Money isn't an obstacle!" You know, something of that sort. Oh well though, i'm glad others found this useful!

I know that before i bought my original one for 70+ dollars i was having a hard time looking around and i would have loved to found a forum post like this!

Thanks for commenting dearry :)
  • Nikoruo
    Check camelcamelcamel.com before every buying anything on amazon. It looks like this product has been $70-78 since October of last year. Do not get fooled by "SALE!" prices.

Showing my work:
    http://ca.camelcamelcamel.com/Polar-90051040-Heart-Monitor-Silver/product/B001U0OFCS

For the link-phobic:
    14o37mo.png

I feel like this is a lot of unneccessary extra work. Typically you can also get these charts of the amazon site itself i believe. That and, if it's advertised "$15 with No shipping" Then they can't charge me anymore than it says. I screen shot it as well.

I purchased it and definitely paid $15 with no shipping so.... i feel like that site is either wrong or hasn't updated to the last sale that happened on the product in question.
  • Nikoruo
    Awwww!!!! I missed the $15 sale :(

Now it's back up to $70 something....Blahhhhhhhhhhhh...I already have one but for $15 bucks, I would have bought a spare and than a spare spare lol!
    haha yeah they went fast! Must have been just a flash sale, like overstocked or something. Ah well! browse around and you never know if you'll come across it super cheap again!
  • Nikoruo
    SHUCKS! Whoever ordered should recieve a cancellation of this order because, and i quote:

"Thank you for your purchase. We are contacting you because your order
    has been canceled. Yesterday our company priced many items
    inaccurately, at rates we couldn't possibly fulfill. We offer our
    sincere apologies for any confusion or inconvenience caused by this
    human accident. Thanks for your understanding.

B&T"

It really was a dream price! Oh well! sorry guys!
  • bc2ct
    bc2ct Posts: 222 Member
    Thank you for your purchase. We are contacting you because your order has been canceled. Yesterday our company priced many items inaccurately, at rates we couldn't possibly fulfill. We offer our sincere apologies for any confusion or inconvenience caused by this human accident. Thanks for your understanding.

B&T

SAD!
  • Nikoruo
    Thank you for your purchase. We are contacting you because your order has been canceled. Yesterday our company priced many items inaccurately, at rates we couldn't possibly fulfill. We offer our sincere apologies for any confusion or inconvenience caused by this human accident. Thanks for your understanding.

B&T

SAD!

yes!! i was so delighted at the cheap price!! sorry guys!
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Because Heart Rate Monitors are only effective at measuring calorie burns for steady state cardio... and therefore pretty much useless.

Unless you do steady state cardio, then they are far from useless.

Do I really have to add the "for me" part of that statement? OP asked what my excuse for not buying it was. I own a BMF and rarely do steady state cardio so purchasing another gadget is hardly justified.

No don't add anything, I was actually putting my own opinion, is that okay?

To the OP, that is a damn shame re the cancellation, being a cynical so-and-so, I reckon they reneged on that deal because there was an influx of orders.

If that had been in a store, not sure about the US, but in the UK, that price would have had to have been honoured.